Nintendo Announces Smash Bros. Showing for E3

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
elilupe said:
I will forever campaign for the title of this new game to be Super Smash Bros: Kerfuffle.
... That's it, get back in your cage, I want that on t-shirts by tomorrow morning! -whip crack- IMMEDIATELY!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
This is one of those times where i have to question that if Nintendo announcing a new game is really worth the news post.

Either way, i look forward to Yahtzee taking a nice big shit on this one too.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
elilupe said:
I will forever campaign for the title of this new game to be Super Smash Bros: Kerfuffle.
I'm more for Super Smash Bros Bitchslapping...

but then again, we already have a SSBB :C

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
I can't wait to see what they have in store... and for the love of god NO Miis!! Those things poisoned every franchise they touched and completely ruined some. (Pilot wings anyone?) I just want more fighters, new stages and new amazing music. I still listen to the brawl soundtrack all the time.

A Smooth Criminal said:
Seriously... I absolutely HATE people who just say they hate brawl without giving a legitimate reason. Sorry but you people are worse than the Starwars Prequel haters. At least that audience actually GIVE REASONS as to why they hate the movies.
I have been wondering this for almost a year now. I didn't even know people hated it until sometime during the summer, when someone here informed me there was an audience who despised Brawl and loved Melee. I couldn't really understand that because no reason was given, and Brawl, to me, was just a bigger and better Melee.

The ONLY reason you give as to why you hate Brawl is 'tripping'. That's not a legitimate reason. Tripping hardly even happens in Brawl, it's just annoying sometimes.
...I'll wait for confirmation on that, because that sounds too stupid to be true D:

Call Me Jose

That One Jose
Jul 4, 2012
A Smooth Criminal said:
Seriously... I absolutely HATE people who just say they hate brawl without giving a legitimate reason. Sorry but you people are worse than the Starwars Prequel haters. At least that audience actually GIVE REASONS as to why they hate the movies.

The ONLY reason you give as to why you hate Brawl is 'tripping'. That's not a legitimate reason. Tripping hardly even happens in Brawl, it's just annoying sometimes.

If you hate brawl and you're unable to give any reason greater than 'tripping sucks' or 'final smashes aren't balanced' (you can disable them), then your hate isn't placed on Brawl especially, but on all of the Smash Bros games.
Shadowsetzer said:
Tripping is only a quick example to why I don't like brawl, more reasons sure. No L-canceling. No wave dashing which most people who don't play competitively call cheating, multiple air-dodges (which when you think about it is a huge change), dash dancing is almost impossible and its not even because of tripping. Characters are way too floaty. It is much easier to come back to a ledge, you don't even have to be facing it. I mean these are reasons I can think of up the top of my head, telling you this alone you can see a good bit of the mechanics of the game where changed but I guess thats no legitimate reason either (Pff game-mechanics! hah!). I also forgot I'm entitled to my own opinion.

Edit: Also thanks Shadowsetzer for being mature enough to ask reasonably why I disliked it.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
A Smooth Criminal said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Hopefully this one doesn't suck as much as Brawl did.
Call Me Jose said:
I couldn't stand brawl

If you hate brawl and you're unable to give any reason greater than 'tripping sucks' or 'final smashes aren't balanced' (you can disable them), then your hate isn't placed on Brawl especially, but on all of the Smash Bros games.
I absolutely hate people who lash out and attack people based on false assumptions instead of doing the mature thing and asking "oh, why didn't you like this game that I love to the point where I attack anyone who doesn't praise it?". Just because I didn't give a reason, doesn't mean I don't have one. Maybe I just didn't feel like having to justify every single thing I say because usually I assume that most people understand that people have their own opinions and can respect other peoples views.

Why do I hate it? I, for the most part, play games alone. The campaign (or whatever the stupid name they gave it was) was decent, up until half way through where you have unlocked all these characters, then lost them and had to basically replay a shorter version of the +/- 5 hours you just played to reunlock people. At that point, I said "this is stupid" and quit playing the campaign thing. Only other game I ever did that with was Halo once I got to the Library level. At least I felt the need to suffer through the horrid excuse for a game that Dragon Age Origins was to see the end, but Brawl couldn't even get me to do that. I did get verses mode (or whatever it was called) a shot and it appeared that they spent more time on level design that anything else, and the one or two levels I played on randomly killed me multiple times. As for tripping, when I rented it, I didn't even notice it. Plus, what the hell happened to Roy?

The original and Melee were great. The only thing about Melee I wish was different was the campaign being more random with paths or who you fought rather than being the same people in the same order every time with very slight variations (like Luigi instead of Mario) at times.

I play games for fun, and not competition, and the Brawl community isn't that great from what I've seen, so online play wouldn't be fun at all. Neither are all the rules you people make up like "final destination, no items, Fox only" that take all the fun out of the game. I have a lot more fun playing Playstation All Stars by myself or with my friends (except the one who obsessively plays it 30 hours a day) that I did with Brawl.

Call Me Jose

That One Jose
Jul 4, 2012
Assassin Xaero said:
I absolutely hate people who lash out and attack people based on false assumptions instead of doing the mature thing...
Thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
xPixelatedx said:
I have been wondering this for almost a year now. I didn't even know people hated it until sometime during the summer, when someone here informed me there was an audience who despised Brawl and loved Melee. I couldn't really understand that because no reason was given, and Brawl, to me, was just a bigger and better Melee.
It's way too floaty, everything just flowed and felt better in Melee to me. I didn't notice it in Brawl at first but as time went on the changes to the physics just bugged me. Also fuck tripping, there's no reason for it to exist.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
A Smooth Criminal said:
Assassin Xaero said:
Why do I hate it? I, for the most part, play games alone. The campaign (or whatever the stupid name they gave it was) was decent, up until half way through where you have unlocked all these characters, then lost them and had to basically replay a shorter version of the +/- 5 hours you just played to reunlock people. At that point, I said "this is stupid" and quit playing the campaign thing. Only other game I ever did that with was Halo once I got to the Library level. At least I felt the need to suffer through the horrid excuse for a game that Dragon Age Origins was to see the end, but Brawl couldn't even get me to do that. I did get verses mode (or whatever it was called) a shot and it appeared that they spent more time on level design that anything else, and the one or two levels I played on randomly killed me multiple times. As for tripping, when I rented it, I didn't even notice it. Plus, what the hell happened to Roy?

The original and Melee were great. The only thing about Melee I wish was different was the campaign being more random with paths or who you fought rather than being the same people in the same order every time with very slight variations (like Luigi instead of Mario) at times.

I play games for fun, and not competition, and the Brawl community isn't that great from what I've seen, so online play wouldn't be fun at all. Neither are all the rules you people make up like "final destination, no items, Fox only" that take all the fun out of the game. I have a lot more fun playing Playstation All Stars by myself or with my friends (except the one who obsessively plays it 30 hours a day) that I did with Brawl.
The only thing I gain from this is "I don't like Subspace Emissary", an optional part of the game.

I have no qualms with you hating an aspect of the game which is very different to the originals, however your entire argument for hating it is completely stupid. Before you even get to the great maze you're not even able to play as all of the characters... You only get the option of playing as the characters available for THAT SECTION of the story. When you reach the great maze you play a level as Kirby and just find the statues of the other characters in a short level. That's it.

And randomly killed by levels? Sorry but unless you just fell off or tried to attack an NPC on the level, then you're again completely wrong. And with that complaint, you might as well play no items fox only final destination. They even implemented the Melee levels if you wanted to play on those.

And complaining about a lack of Roy? Roy was only in one Fire Emblem game released years before. Not only was Marth in a few more of them, but he also featured in the remakes which were released soon after the release of Brawl. Ike was also featured in the more recent games on the Gamecube and Wii, he also had signature attacks, unlike Roy who only had the Sword of Seals (which was only visually represented by his flames).

And the community? You didn't even try to play it with others. You just say "it looks bad" and then complain about it.

Sorry, but from the reasons given, it just looks like you didn't like Smash Bros as a franchise, which is fine. It's either that or you just didn't like Subspace, which is also fine, however it isn't the same as hating Brawl. If you hate subspace then you hate subspace.
I just didn't find the game enjoyable at all. Subspace or verses. As for the community. You're right, I didn't play online, but what I've seen from certain websites and from the people I saw playing it at college, the people who play it have this thing about attacking people who don't like it. They make up these lies about how they just "hate it because of tripping" and any reason a person gives for not liking it they discredit.

In short, get over it. I thought the game was bad and I didn't like it. It is called an opinion. The world doesn't revolve around you and your opinions are not absolute truth.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
A Smooth Criminal said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I just didn't find the game enjoyable at all. Subspace or verses. As for the community. You're right, I didn't play online, but what I've seen from certain websites and from the people I saw playing it at college, the people who play it have this thing about attacking people who don't like it. They make up these lies about how they just "hate it because of tripping" and any reason a person gives for not liking it they discredit.

In short, get over it. I thought the game was bad and I didn't like it. It is called an opinion. The world doesn't revolve around you and your opinions are not absolute truth.
Yeah, an opinion about something's quality is fine. If you back it up. Hell, even "It wasn't fun for me" is a legitimate reason to dislike a game, but that doesn't mean the game was bad. You didn't even say anything mature or noteworthy. You merely said "Hopefully this one doesn't suck as much as Brawl did.".

And lies about how people just hate a game because of tripping? Sorry but Call me Jose clearly stated that was why didn't like it. Maybe you yourself shouldn't attack people and make false accusations, especially considering that almost all of your reasons for hating brawl were lies themselves.
Whatever. I don't really care anymore, that game sucked. Enjoy your fanboyism and your beloved boring game. Maybe some day (hopefully) you will learn that not everyone is you and learn to respect other peoples opinions.

Call Me Jose

That One Jose
Jul 4, 2012
A Smooth Criminal said:
I concur with Assassin, theres no reasoning here, neither did my first comment definitively pour out that tripping solely made me dislike (not hate) this game. You are functioning solely on assumptions, which are sadly misleading to yourself, and irrational and thats the nicest way of putting it. I apologize that you do not understand that only naming 4 changes off the top of my head and wasting my time pulling out thesis statement totally blows your mind. As well they are no way minor, they are game-changing. I, like Assassin Xaero am done here, enjoy your game.