Nintendo Confirms it Won't Have a Press Conference at E3 This Year

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
altnameJag said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Right, because that's actually a thing that's happened so far. Any and all immigration/refugee pauses have been held up in court by unconstitutional rulings from pissy judges. Trust me, IF there are any developers who don't come to E3 because of "politics," it will be the ones virtue signaling by refusing to show up.
I mean, it happened during the Academy Awards, but yeah, definitely couldn't happen again because reasons.
That guy wasn't prevented from getting into the country. He chose to stay home. There was nothing preventing him from coming because as I said the executive order that could have possibly delayed him was tied up in the courts immediately and prevented from being enacted.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
That's not that much of a surprise, is it? Nintendo has been doing its own thing for a bit now. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a refined Switch though, I need some design flaws fixed before I'm getting one, but it seems that we have to wait for any big news until 'a later date.'

LysanderNemoinis said:
altnameJag said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Right, because that's actually a thing that's happened so far. Any and all immigration/refugee pauses have been held up in court by unconstitutional rulings from pissy judges. Trust me, IF there are any developers who don't come to E3 because of "politics," it will be the ones virtue signaling by refusing to show up.
I mean, it happened during the Academy Awards, but yeah, definitely couldn't happen again because reasons.
That guy wasn't prevented from getting into the country. He chose to stay home. There was nothing preventing him from coming because as I said the executive order that could have possibly delayed him was tied up in the courts immediately and prevented from being enacted.
That's a lie. [https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/feb/25/syrian-oscar-contender-khaled-kateeb-barred-from-entering-us] Just like your profile picture.
AzrealMaximillion said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Jacked Assassin said:
I'm expecting this years E3 to be ruined or over shadowed by US politics this year anyway.
Yep. I mean, why let anyone be able to enjoy a little escapism when developers and so-called journalists can shove their politics into everyone's faces?
Dopest Display Pic I've seen in a while. Fitting for the times.
Too bad it's so deceitful, because 'cultural marxism' as such is nonsense. It's just a ridiculous conspiracy theory the alt-right brought back again.

LysanderNemoinis

Nov 8, 2010
Wow, something from The Guardian. So a propaganda newspaper backs up a false claim by an avowed propagandist. You'll have to pardon me while I go fetch my socks. And as for cultural marxism, it's quite real. It's merely that your side of the political aisle is pushing it that you deny it's existence. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go talk to muh Russia contact.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
LysanderNemoinis said:
Wow, something from The Guardian. So a propaganda newspaper backs up a false claim by an avowed propagandist. You'll have to pardon me while I go fetch my socks. And as for cultural marxism, it's quite real. It's merely that your side of the political aisle is pushing it that you deny it's existence. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go talk to muh Russia contact.
This just in: Trump declares fake news again and nobody is surprised.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
LysanderNemoinis said:
Sure kid, that's some real in-depth rebuttal you're doing there. Real on-point, calling it a 'propaganda newspaper' and such, real persuasive and factual. You want me to show a half dozen other news sources with roughly the same article? Or will you just go "Lalalala I can't hear you!" at those as well? And how about you check the I think 30-ish references from here [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory] to notice just how delusional the idea of 'cultural marxism' is. But I doubt you'll be swayed anyway, you'll just refer to all of them as biased propaganda outlets or something of the sort, won't you?

The point still stands; you propagated a lie. He was barred from entry. You lied. Stop lying.

Pretty impressive you also know which 'side of aisle' I'm on by the way, especially considering I live in a society that doesn't even have an 'aisle' like yours.

LysanderNemoinis

Nov 8, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Sure kid, that's some real in-depth rebuttal you're doing there. Real on-point, calling it a 'propaganda newspaper' and such, real persuasive and factual. You want me to show a half dozen other news sources with roughly the same article? Or will you just go "Lalalala I can't hear you!" at those as well? And how about you check the I think 30-ish references from here [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School#Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory] to notice just how delusional the idea of 'cultural marxism' is. But I doubt you'll be swayed anyway, you'll just refer to all of them as biased propaganda outlets or something of the sort, won't you?

The point still stands; you propagated a lie. He was barred from entry. You lied. Stop lying.

Pretty impressive you also know which 'side of aisle' I'm on by the way, especially considering I live in a society that doesn't even have an 'aisle' like yours.
Well, when someone gets all angry and triggered when they read something, I have a pretty good idea where you stand politically. Besides, I'm sure all your sources will be similarly fake news, so you do have me there, I suppose. Doesn't stop me from being right though. I could do the same thing and post links to reputable sources saying otherwise and you would ignore them too. And good on you for citing Wikipedia, which even the pathetic school system in America won't accept as a source. However, since my avatar is so problematic, I suppose I could change it. Would you prefer the flag of my people, the brave and noble dispossessed Kekistanis?

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
I feel like that even the point in time gets less and less important (for Nintendo) to announce stuff. They announce things when they feel like it, release it when they feel like it and deliver the stock when they feel like it.

Seriously though, they do whatever they want. Sometimes it works, for whatever reason (Switch), and sometimes it doesn't (WiiU).

Their Directs are almost as substantial as the E3-timed ones, except that those guarantee announcements of new releases with a bit of weight behind them. Other than that, anything goes.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Canadamus Prime said:
Who cares? E3 is a joke anyway.
Yes. I find their stuff more entertaining and fun, even if I have no interest in their games now. When it comes to E3, I usually seek out niche games, and only watch to see how EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, and sometimes Sony fuck up each year.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
CoCage said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Who cares? E3 is a joke anyway.
Yes. I find there stuff more entertaining and fun, even if I have no interest in their games now. When it comes to E3, I usually seek out niche games, and only watch to see how EA, Microsoft, Ubisoft, and sometimes Sony fuck up each year.
The only part of E3 I look forward to is Yahtzee taking the piss out of it.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
LysanderNemoinis said:
Jacked Assassin said:
I'm expecting this years E3 to be ruined or over shadowed by US politics this year anyway.
Yep. I mean, why let anyone be able to enjoy a little escapism when developers and so-called journalists can shove their politics into everyone's faces?
What does this even mean? Please point to any E3 in history that turned into a giant r/politics subreddit circlejerk?

Because the only thing I can think of is when EA teases a game that features women/queer/POC.

Actually I have a feeling that you are referring to the annual hot take E3 mess on Twitter from every gamer and games journalist under the sun live tweeting opinions and slapfight that are easily ignorable and very much have zero part of the E3 timetable.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
babinro said:
Nintendo has won E3 the last few years in a row as a direct result of not wasting their time on these conferences...gotta wonder how many years Sony/Xbox will have to repeat past mistakes before they realize there's a much better and cheaper way to go about this.
I agree. Besides they can't beat EA at that game. I mean last year was truly the stuff of cringe worthy dreams. (The Hoopz God? Really?)
But I await for the new Konami 2008 E3 shitshow to make an appearance.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
Dragonbums said:
LysanderNemoinis said:
Jacked Assassin said:
What does this even mean? Please point to any E3 in history that turned into a giant r/politics subreddit circlejerk?

Because the only thing I can think of is when EA teases a game that features women/queer/POC.

Actually I have a feeling that you are referring to the annual hot take E3 mess on Twitter from every gamer and games journalist under the sun live tweeting opinions and slapfight that are easily ignorable and very much have zero part of the E3 timetable.
If you were referring to me
I was referring to this year's E3 being open to the public. I'm worried that not everyone now going is specifically their for video games. So you're not going to find any history about it.

If you were referring only to Dragonbums
Well I don't follow the stuff that happens outside of E3 during E3. As for developers I'm all for the freedom of speech.
(As in not having developers shouted down by an angry mob who thinks their freedom of speech is more important. Especially at an event that might not have nothing to do with that mob's causes being trampled on.)
I thought it was nice that Bethesda acknowledged a shooting that happened at a Gay Nightclub last year.