Nintendo Direct April 12 at 3pm PT

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Wait, the Switch is still a thing?! Zelda came and went. The load is blown! We can move on to real things now.
Also the 12th is the day after tomorrow, not tomorrow =)

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
ARMS release date mostly is what I want. I don't need details, the first videos of it were enough to have me so interested that it would take them having completely bullshotted the entire marketing campaign to have me lose interest now. Details would be nice of course, but a date is much more important to myself.

Also, while I couldn't check the actual link as I'm at work, from what the picture says, you may want to edit your post, as it will be Wednesday when they reveal information, not tomorrow.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
klaynexas3 said:
ARMS release date mostly is what I want. I don't need details, the first videos of it were enough to have me so interested that it would take them having completely bullshotted the entire marketing campaign to have me lose interest now. Details would be nice of course, but a date is much more important to myself.

Also, while I couldn't check the actual link as I'm at work, from what the picture says, you may want to edit your post, as it will be Wednesday when they reveal information, not tomorrow.
I am 99.9% confident we'll get set release dates for ARMS & Splatoon 2 in this :D

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
omg ARMS is looking amazing! :D

also "Monopoly coming to Switch! Made by Ubishit" why does this not surprise me at all in the slightest?

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
No real Big Surprise.
English Monster Hunter Stories is good, but I'm still waiting for a confirmation of an english Monter Hunter XX on 3DS or even on the Switch.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Monster Hunter Stories looks like a Monster Hunter for weirdo's like me who genuinely like turn-based combat. I also seriously see myself getting the Namco Collection because I'm always a slut for re-releases of arcade classics compilations (especially when they include Splatterhouse). I'm surprised Minecraft is going to be released so late in the year (I thought it might be a surprise release for this or next week), I'm surprised Payday 2 is launching on Switch, I'm surprised THQ-Nordic announced games that aren't the Darksiders HD re-releases but most surprising of all, there was no mention of Skyrim. Considering it was shown off with the Switch reveal I thought we would have at least seen a solid release date by this point...or rather, a solid confirmation as to whether or not this is the HD version or the older version or a Switch-exclusive, in-between version...

I don't want to wait until the end of August (or however long) to get Rayman Legends and, I want to know what the Limited Edition of Disgaea 5 will include...and I want my yellow Joycon...and my new Amiibo...and a sandwich.

k0n9

Apr 15, 2011
So Project Mekuru reminds of those minigames in Crash Bash with a similar concept. Looks like fun, I need to see more though.
Am I the only person who thinks the silhouette at the end of the Sonic Forces trailer is Bubsy?
Battle Chasers Night War looks awesome, as does Sine Mora Ex.
Was hoping for some more localization announcements but I suppose Atlas is just waiting.

Overall pretty good direct.

Paradine

Apr 2, 2016
Country
United Kingdom
No new Xenoblade chronicles 2 info makes me slightly disappointed, but Arms is still a day one for me and I'm loving the new mode In Splatoon 2! Where is Monster hunter for switch? Pikmin 4?

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Kaimax said:
No real Big Surprise.
yeah i wasn't expecting any big surprise's to be honest. they did say this Direct would mainly focus on ARMS & Splatoon after all. also it just makes since that would announce a bunch of smaller low key stuff now and get that stuff out of the way so when E3 arrives in June they can focus on revealing a bunch of more major announcements that people are waiting for.

ARMS & Splatoon 2 release dates were just what they needed to show off in this direct and while ARMS is coming a tiny bit later than i would have hoped, it's good that its only 2 weeks into June we have to wait for it.

was also fantastic to see more of Pikmin 3DS and get a July release date for that as well. looks like a fun little platformer :D
i am an absolute Pikmin fanatic so when i saw that Pikmin Amiibo i was like "OUT OF MY WAY ASSHOLES! IT'S MINE!" to all my mates on social media XD

Kaimax

Jul 25, 2012
Yoshi178 said:
was also fantastic to see more of Pikmin 3DS and get a July release date for that as well.
Pikmin was a good surprise, but it wasn't really a big one.
Funny thing, I was watching the GameAttack Reaction stream, and they reacted the same as I do, why isn't this Pikmin also released on the Switch.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Kaimax said:
Yoshi178 said:
was also fantastic to see more of Pikmin 3DS and get a July release date for that as well.
Pikmin was a good surprise, but it wasn't really a big one.
Funny thing, I was watching the GameAttack Reaction stream, and they reacted the same as I do, why isn't this Pikmin also released on the Switch.
well yeah of course its not a big surprise. none of the stuff they announced to was really a "big" announcement. like i said to someone before, Nintendo clearly wants to show off and get all of this smaller stuff out of the way now, so that they can make all the big announcements at E3 in june

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
The Wii u, DS and 3Ds kind of had some lack luster sells after launch due to the small Library of games available. You think Nintendo would stop fucking doing this after the Wii U failed. I want to belive they're waiting for E3 to a launch the virtual console but that is wishful thinking.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
kilenem said:
I want to belive they're waiting for E3 to a launch the virtual console but that is wishful thinking.
Pretty sure they're going to wait until they anounce all the paid online service details to announce all of the virtual console details because they did mention that they'll give people an NES or SNES game each month to subscribers and that those old multiplayer games would now have online multiplayer modes back in January.

in the meantime the Switch has been getting a shitload of old NEO GEO games to make up for the lack of virtual console games

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Yoshi178 said:
kilenem said:
I want to belive they're waiting for E3 to a launch the virtual console but that is wishful thinking.
Pretty sure they're going to wait until they anounce all the paid online service details to announce all of the virtual console details because they did mention that they'll give people an NES or SNES game each month to subscribers and that those old multiplayer games would now have online multiplayer modes back in January.

in the meantime the Switch has been getting a shitload of old NEO GEO games to make up for the lack of virtual console games
Yeah but my hope is that the gamecube virtual console is real and I can use gamecube controller on the Switch with the wii u Gamecube adapter so I don't have to buy the Joycons or the Pro Controller. I don't understand why would make controllers cost so much but not have analog triggers and the Joycons dont have a D-pad.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Ezekiel said:
Silentpony said:
Wait, the Switch is still a thing?! Zelda came and went. The load is blown! We can move on to real things now.
Also the 12th is the day after tomorrow, not tomorrow =)
Well, there's still that weird humanoid Mario game. You'd think Nintendo fans would be more upset that they went through an entire generation without a big 3D Mario. I'm not a fan anymore, but it's weird for the flagship game to be absent after the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube and Wii. What the hell was Nintendo even doing for all that time?
just because you didn't like Super Mario 3D World doesn't mean it wasn't a big 3D Mario game.