Nintendo Direct E3 2019 Press Conference.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015

At 12:00 in the Midday where I live.

PLEASE show anything about Metroid Prime 4, but I just think its gonna be nothing but Pokemon Sword and Silver and a ton of Shovelware crap.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Personally I'm tuning in mostly for Fire Emblem.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
PLEASE show anything about Metroid Prime 4, but I just think its gonna be nothing but Pokemon Sword and Silver and a ton of Shovelware crap.
Yeh, probably. They restarted Prime 4 from scratch in januari.

That's only 6 months of dev time. Perhaps enough to cobble 'something' together. But considering Bandai Namco's version got scrapped because Nintendo wasn't happy with it, Retro Studios probably don't want to show anything until they feel they're good and ready, and Nintendo are happy with how things are coming along. Maybe not until about 6 to 9 months before release, which is their usual modus operandi for announcements.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
4 Dragon Quest characters that are echo fighters of each other. One of them is the protagonist of Dragon Quest 8, Erdrick from 3, and the latest one for Dragon Quest 11. Don't know the 4th one.

So basically Dragon Quest is now represented in Smash.

No More Heroes III for Switch.

Panzer Dragoon got a new game.

Feb 26, 2014
Nintendo Direct
Pokemon Sword and Shield - It's already too late for that water gym leader.
Astral Chain - Still looks great
Marvel Ultimate Aliiance - Give it to me NOW!
Zelda BOTW Sequel - That trailer looked amazing.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Breath of the Wild is getting a direct sequel.

Captain Marvelous said:
Nintendo Direct
Pokemon Sword and Shield - It's already too late for that water gym leader.
Astral Chain - Still looks great
Marvel Ultimate Aliiance - Give it to me NOW!
Zelda BOTW Sequel - That trailer looked amazing.
And you forgot Dragon Quest Heroes and Banjo in Smash.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Thoughts.

Wasn't expecting Dragon Quest for Smash. I only played I and II so I can't really comment. I need to play XI

The bit with Bowser was funny, I'm glad they have a sense of humor over that.

Link's Awakening looks cute. My purchase will be confirmed if you can download other player's dungeons. Also Dampe? DAMPE!? My man! It's good to see you again!

Luigi's Mansion 3. Luigi beats motherfuckers with other motherfuckers and I kind of love it. Also, GHOST DOGO! YES!

Witcher 3? I...did not see that coming. I'm surprised the Switch can handle that. Probably gonna get a graphical downgrade.

Secret of Mana collection looks interesting. I'll have to look into it. Seems I have to rely on collections for retro games on Switch

That Resident Evil commerical was full of unintentional hilarity.

Contra collection. Ten games? Damn. Checking that out.

No More Heroes 3? Coolio. I'm interesting in the franchise but I avoided the last one when I learned it was more of a spin off than a full sequel.

More Daemon x Machina. The demon was ok. Maybe at a price discount.

Panzer Dragoon...well THAT came out of left field.

Ballad of Cadance is out in TWO DAYS!? Hells yeah!

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics? Neat.

And we're ending with a new Animal Crossing? Neat. Not my cup of tea but this is something I know will make a lot of people happy. (Tom Nook is still a debt lord I see)

BANJO! BANJO! BANJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

....A sequel to Breath of the Wild. A direct sequel. Well that's one way to get the Breath of the Wild system to work twice. I...well fuck.

Overall I give this direct an 8/8.5. Really damn solid outing.

You know what I like about Nintendo Directs? A lot of times they tell you what you can buy today or in a couple of days. I think that happened three times here.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
A direct sequel to Breath of the Wild. I did not see that coming, though I'm not completely surprised either. At first I thought this was going to be an expansion pack a la Frozen Wilds or Blood and Wine, but nope. They said it's in developement as if it's still a ways off, but they already had some (cutscene) footage and they're obviously going to reuse a lot of assets from BotW, so I don't think we have to wait for this one too long. Not as long as we usually do in between games anyway.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Casual Shinji said:
A direct sequel to Breath of the Wild. I did not see that coming, though I'm not completely surprised either. At first I thought this was going to be an expansion pack a la Frozen Wilds or Blood and Wine, but nope. They said it's in developement as if it's still a ways off, but they already had some (cutscene) footage and they're obviously going to reuse a lot of assets from BotW, so I don't think we have to wait for this one too long. Not as long as we usually do in between games anyway.
So far I am getting then impression this is going to be like a Majora's Mask scenario with this game.

Majora's Mask was like a stand alone expansion to Ocarina of Time.

BOTW 2 is the same for BOTW 1.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
So far what to look foward to for the Switch for me is:

Metroid Prime 4 (no show, but still the Direct was ok)

Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Luigi's Mansion 3.

Breath of the Wild 2.

And the 2 new fighters for Smash.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Decent showing but no news on Bayonetta 3.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Casual Shinji said:
So far I am getting then impression this is going to be like a Majora's Mask scenario with this game.

Majora's Mask was like a stand alone expansion to Ocarina of Time.

BOTW 2 is the same for BOTW 1.
We'll see. Something is obviously going to happen to the open-world map to change things up -- Maybe it's going to take place primarily underground judging by the footage. And it seems Zelda is going to play a way more active role in the plot this time.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Yoshi178 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
BANJO AND KAZOOIE IS IN SMASH!!!!
I'm so fucking happy right now :')
I kinda feel sorry for The Hero from Dragon Quest because I like the designs of the charcaters, especially the protagonist from Dragon Quest 8.

But they are gonna get overshadowed by Banjo being in Smash.

I wonder if this means Conker is next...

Jan 27, 2011
This was basically a 9.99/10 showing. Literally the only thing that made me sad was no Metroid Prime Trilogy port announced. Everything else was amazing.

Custom dungeons in Link's Awakening?! Shut up and take my Rupees!

Luigi's Mansion 3? Alright, neat, I'm curious.

Witcher 3? Not interested, but I had to applaud. That's impressive.

Seiken Densetsu 3 getting a 3D remake, in ENGLISH?!?! YESSSSSSS!!! ...WAIT THE FIRST 3 MANA GAMES ARE OUT TODAY?!?! WITH THE CO-OP INTACT?! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

The new Fire Emblem's plot seems to have taken exactly the twist I was hoping for. Consider me very interested.

No More Heroes 3? If this is a proper entry in the series, gimme dat shit right now.

Daemon x Machina looks freakin' DOPE. Still invested. Gimme dat shit.

Astral Chain looks off the chain, shut up and take my futuristic space credits. (also, I love the Glitch Aesthetic of the monsters coming out of their reality. So neat)

Panzer Dragoon...Uhh...Sure, I hear lots of good things. I'm interested.

That Marvel game's definitely on my list of stuff to buy too. It looks like a stellar beat-em-up. Shut up and take my-yeah, tired gag is tired, I know.

Crystal Chronicles remaster FINALLY has a release window?! Thank you! Finally! I've been looking forward to that one for just about a full year!

Crypt of the Necrodancer Zelda Edition just around the corner? Shut up and take my Rupees again!

Another Olympics game with more nifty looking sports? ...Prolly gonna skip, but neat.

Animal Crossing isn't my thing, but it's a REALLY neat concept this time around and I know a lot of fans were waiting for it. So heck yeah, good on them.

Alien Isolation?! Uh...Why? ...I mean, it's cool and impressive, but why? ...That reminds me, I need to get back to it sometime...

Dauntless on Switch? ...Again, neat.

TWO new smash fighters? And one of them had a call-back filled trailer? Nice. I'm not super hyped for either of them, but I know people who are, so good on them.

...And they teased a Breath of the Wild sequel, with much darker looking themes? As a Majora's Mask fanboy, that's got me interested. Please tell me it's going to be set entirely in those caverns. A zelda game where the overworld is actually an underworld would be legit mindblowing.

Again, 9.9/10 for me. A metroid prime trilogy announcement would have put that over into 11/10 territory.

...I'm still giddy with glee, and weeping for my wallet. XD

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Ooh, not bad at all. Banjo and Bayonetta were two I'd never thought get in, like actual pipe dreams, but here we are. Damn, Nintendo sure are delivering. It's almost complete.