Nintendo Direct September 1st

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Elvis Starburst said:
Yoshi178 said:
name one franchise coming to 3DS between now and when NX comes out that even comes close to selling as many copies as the Pokemon games do.
I get that you probably don't give a shit about the 3DS, but let's not plug our ears and go "La la la la la" when a few folk who do care tell you there's still plenty to be excited for. They don't have to be best sellers to be worth a damn, hence the repeated "Cherry picking." It's like those who say that Nintendo doesn't have any games past the Mario, Zelda and Pokemon titles, and when people who know what they're talking about list off 12+ examples, this person just blows them off and walks out saying "SEE, Nintendo has no games!" It's stupid and dumb and closed minded. Be open minded. This system is selling well and is still releasing quality titles, niche or not. "No one gives a shit about X" is almost always nothing but "I don't give a shit about X and this company should cater to what I wanna see!"

Which is why I follow up with the fact I look forward to seeing this direct. If there's more info on Ever Oasis, I'll be extremely happy too. That announcement snuck up on us at E3, and I wanna see more dammit!
no i love my 3DS. but at this point i don't give a shit about it anymore. the system is nearly 6 years old now and i'm more than ready for something new. 3DS was great but now it's time is over.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Yoshi178 said:
Aiddon said:
Yoshi178 said:
Literally all of those are extremely niche. and DLC. woo!!! best thing ever right?

the only really exciting thing coming that we know about is Pokemon Sun & Moon and that's it. they're going to push the Yokai Watch 2 games hard but those are totally going to get lost in the Pokemon hype. nothing they have that we know about is as big and exciting as Pokemon when it comes to 3DS
And those are still products. You don't get to cherry pick what does and doesn't count.
name one franchise coming to 3DS between now and when NX comes out that even comes close to selling as many copies as the Pokemon games do.
I think Pok?mon is an unfairly high bar to reach. X and Y sold almost 15 million copies. That seems to trump many top selling PC games.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
Silentpony said:
Still waiting on that HD remake of Pokemon Snap, Mr. Nintendo! Twice as big, twice as many pokemon. Come on, its not like you've got anything else worth doing.
At this point wouldn't that just be pokemon go with a small update.

kilenem

Jul 21, 2013
I hope their is some type of deal offered for buying Both Dragon Quest 7 and 8. Granted pokemon rarely does anything for buying both versions. There is the steal book if you pay 10 dollars more for Sun and Moon and there was a code for more potions if you bought OM and AS. Also the gamestop posters for X and Y.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Begins in 5 minutes, lads.

Here's hoping we get a surprise of any kind.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Oh...oh boy...I can't wait to be the only one who buys up those new Zelda Amiibo. I think I'm the only one clinging to the soap-stains where the bubble popped. The Poochy amiibo looks pretty damn adorable too.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
Pikmin is Love. Pikmin is Life.

Pikmin 3DS and Poochy were the only interesting things the direct though. everything else was meh.

3ds direct was literally "lol reasons to own a wii u? Nah they're on this now too"

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Kibeth41 said:
Let's face it, Megas were OP to the game and the specific ones that gone contributed to the big unbalance of the game.

I really think they are not going to refine Skyward Sword controls since their other Virtual Consoles barely change from the original, at the very least they will fix the issue the original had that required to download a patch that actually cleaned your save from the bug, that you had to uninstall after use, it was a mess, especially for the Wii.

Oh yeah, there was that Nintendo Land attraction, but Nintendo was quick to state that Breath of the Wild will have none of the motion controls or gamepad function (other than show the map). Still, I want to see them release another Nintendo Land because it was fun, it had splitscreen, it had the IPs and the Miis, yeah, they were a bunch of tech demos, but imagining what if they had manage to inspire a developer do do anything on the Wii U makes me think what could have been.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
Kibeth41 said:
When it comes down to it, the initial Wii Mote was possible to master, something that needed trial and error (with a lot of headaches), but the awkward period from the introduction of the Wii Motion Plus until it was built in the remote itself was what many doubted Wii's accuracy and motion controls ever being the future. I think they will do something with Skyward Sword because they don't announce when they're putting a Wii game on the store (and kinda destroying the possibility of a HD-rerelease in the near future). But considering what they did to Super Mario Advance 4 (they unlocked e-reader-based content in the game or impossible to get) when it came to the store I think they might tweak it a little.

And yeah, Nintendo Land 2 is something that needs to happen, or at least a half-priced DLC like New Super Luigi U.