"Four heroes of light will embark on a journey to destroy the crystals."

So...Final Fantasy? 0_0

Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Ok, now that it's finished. Sadly, nothing of what I would have liked to see came to pass, but no really heavy hitter announcements in general either, except for maybe No More Heroes 3 and Splatoon 3 depending on your tastes. The rest is fine, I guess, but after such a long time without a full Direct, this lack of a showstopper is somewhat anticlimactic.
MORE ANIME SWORDS

THIS TIME BIG TITIED WAIFU EDITION
I can already hear the cries of censorship cuz if you haven't noticed, their outfits have been made less fanservicey

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Well that was a lame direct.

Nintendo is still busy with Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4.

Didn't like the new Smash fighter.

Reactions: CriticalGaming

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Well that was a lame direct.

Nintendo is still busy with Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4.

Didn't like the new Smash fighter.
Nintendo continues to not wow me with anything.

I was a fan of Bravely Default and I am legit hyped for 2, but beyond that I think my Switch goes back to collecting dust.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Pyra means we get more Xenoblade music in Smash, which is always good.

Other than that I was very underwhelmed with this. I think I got my hopes up too much for Zelda 35th anniversary stuff, maybe they'll have a direct for that next week on the 21st?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Still no Bayonetta 3. The only thing I got excited for was No More Heroes 3 and the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy. Nothing else caught my interests.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Right. Pyra and Mythra then. I like the girls and I'm happy that they are in Smash. However I am not at all amused that Rex was left out. He inherently belongs with this duo and singling him out for exclusion seems like a deliberate snub. This was supposed to be Rex chance for rehabilitation after his initially lukewarm reception and now that chance is being denied him. Its true that Rex has always been somewhat controversial but the idea that he might have been excluded to appease the people who never gave him the time of day irritates me.

Pyra and Mythra are a good decision but there's a very big part missing here.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Yeah, that was pretty lame.

Im not super into Nintendo games, and im only really into the 3rd party stuff, but there wasn't anything that was announced that was worth sitting through the 50m show.

Got to admit though, the announcement 40m in that there would be no BotW2 info had me howling with laughter. The cheek of it.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Bit underwhelmed. The "big" first-party announcement, Spatoon 3, isn't of interest to me, though I know it's a big title for them and will sell a bazillion copies.

Other than that: Skyward Sword HD was expected. It's my least favourite of the 3D Zeldas, although part of the reason I disliked it was the unavoidable motion controls, so my interest is a liiiittle bit piqued by the fact it can now be played without them. Probably still a pass, but we'll see.

I'll probably get Bravely Default 2, & maybe that weirdly-named Project Triangle Strategy thing. World's End Club looked kind of interesting too, but I'd need to see more gameplay.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
I kinda get why they're doing skyward sword HD, but it's pretty lame that they're taking the time on what's almost certainly the least liked Zelda of the last few decades.

I'll see what info they give for he octopath traveler game, it was fun game but that feel apart after 15 hour. Just needed a couple of good fix.

sorta excited about the legend of mana remaster but I hope they do some serious fix to the gameplay. The game looks and sound beautiful but its such a slog to play trough.