Nintendo E3 Discussion Thread

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
Compared to what we've seen this far it, Nintendo just blew everyone else out of the water. I kind of feel like Microsoft and Nintendo kind of traded places this year, with MS focusing on the casual bullcrap and Nintendo actually giving us a look at some cool new games. They aren't original IPS, but I think that Nintendo's innovation lies in how they present these franchises, not with new franchises themselves.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
SwitchUK said:
I know Nintendo has a lot of fans but I havn't seen anything worth playing since the Gameboy advance.

Maybe they will intoduce a new game thats just as good as super mario bros was... Oh wait... they did remake that but for wii, so it was a massive fail game. What about a new variation on Mariokart? That hasn't been done right? Right?

Maybe they will make a DS but with a screen 1/8th of a inch larger? What about a Wii but in a different colour to make it appeal to non-casual gamers.

I can't see anything at all exciting coming from Nintendo now or in the future and if I am wrong I will eat my own fingers...
Tell me how ur fingers taste for me mmkay?

Aug 13, 2008
all ive learnt from reading comments saying that it was a shit conference is that haters are gonna hate

i mean seriously, it just proves that nintendo could literally cure cancer, aids and swine flu for free and people would still complain - some people will just look to hate them no matter what and that's a shame

edit
currently showing 3ds hands on
http://e3.nintendo.com/
sounds really promising

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Ok, WOW.

Nintendo conference was some serious impressive shizzle...

Zelda was a slight disappointment and the demo was rather embarrassing, but that appears to be a technical fault with the wireless, rather than the game itself... the new semi-cel-shaded graphics look really nice, and the trailer was pretty neat too.

After that, Nintendo just let the flood gates open... Goldeneye, Icarus, Kirby, 3DS, Donkey Kong, so many more...

Full of HOLY CRAP! moments.

Its what E3 is all about baby XD

Zaleznikel

Sep 3, 2008
According to IGN, they announced Starfox 64 3DS and a new Pilotwings 3DS under the rader.

Why they did this outside of the conference, I'll never know.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1097953p1.html

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1097946p1.html

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Zaleznikel said:
According to IGN, they announced Starfox 64 3DS and a new Pilotwings 3DS under the rader.

Why they did this outside of the conference, I'll never know.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1097953p1.html

http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1097946p1.html
Because they already announced so many amazing names. They would have killed the audience from AWESOMENESS if they had.

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
Mazty said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Mazty said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Mazty said:
Worst presentation yet. So no new titles, a rip off of mario party, a zelda with dodgy controls. Metroid which looks hollow, Kid Icarus, a dead franchise from the 80's, another generic side scrolling platformer (DK) etc. Golden Sun probably will be good, and kirby looked interesting but Mickey looked boring and Perfect Dark on XBL has taught us that remaking old games is pointless as they offer nothing close to the level of gameplay we expect from modern games.
Christ how is Nintendo not broke?
Your fanboy is showing.

Best E3 conference ever?! Pretty fucking close. I'm not too concerned for the controls in Skyward Sword: I've played games with M+, I know it works. Then we have a new Kirby, Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, Golden Sun, and Kid Icarus. Then we saw Epic Mickey and the 3DS. This is, bar none, the best presentation Nintendo has done in 3 years, and the best one of this year.
My fanboy is showing?? You aren't concerned about the controls of a game?? Yeah, leave now fanboy.
All you've done is say what they showed, not why any look decent and not just rehashes of what's been around for DECADES.
Clearly you are trolling, so please, leave us all in peace and descend onto youtube, 4chan or wherever you go to post your bile.
Considering I own and have used a Motion+, I know for a fact that the controls work. I'm looking forward to some hands-ons from people online, which will likely have far less interference.
Have you ever considered why the games remain similar in the most basic of senses? Because the games are fun. DK Country remains one of the best 2D platormers of all time; a new one is great for 2D platforming fans. Kirby's new excursion offers a unique style, and some nice gameplay dynamics in regards to thread. Goldeneye is... well, it's Goldeneye. The classic gameplay is still spectacular, and seeing an update with the new advantages of IR control is something worth looking forward to. Kid Icarus is also a kickass game, which is seeing a revival: good stuff.
In conclusion, yes you are a delusional fanboy. You blind yourself to the excellence of this lineup because you are unwilling to believe that Nintendo would actually have something of quality. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
If you don't want more from a game, then why the f**k didn't you just stick with a NES? Yeah, take the nostalgia goggles off kid. Kirby does look interesting, but that was the only game there that did, other than Golden Sun.
OMGOSH GOLDENEYE!!! Dude, get a life. I grew up playing it and there is no reason anyone should still be playing it when there are better games out than it. Hell, Timesplitters 2 was far better than it and that's ignoring this generation of gaming. Golden Eye is pretty much an unplayable mess of a game when compared to todays FPS'. Kid Icarus was last around in the f**king 80's so I think you can hardly say a new game is going to be good or bad; we simply have no idea.

In conclusion, you are a troll, or not all that smart. I'm going with a bit of both ;D
SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS! Look, Goldeneye does things that many other modern shooters do not (difficulty-based mission-objectives, location-based damage, AI-Bots, 4-player local multiplayer), which are absolutely spectacular. Does that mean it can't be improved? Absolutely not, but even outdated, imperfect products can be fun. And are you really telling me to get a life? That is among the lowest insults you can use to damage your own reputation on the Internet (along with questioning someone's age or sexual preference). Do you really expect to be taken seriously like that? Come on.

lukemdizzle

Jul 7, 2008
Mazty said:
gmer412 said:
Mazty said:
Boneasse said:
@Mazty: Wow. I mean. Wow. Although you are, as everyone else, entitled to your own opinion, that post just SCREAMS fanboy and ignorance. I mean, really? Kinect looked shit, imho. Sure, there's a couple of nice features. But gameplay-wise, there's still a whole-lot of delay. And the sequels? I'm not impressed, though it's a fair line-up.

@DrDeath3191: Damn straight it's their best presentation in recent years, and I don't think Sony has a chance in hell of beating them. But I've been wrong before.

Anywho, the line-up is amazing. The 3DS, if it works as they claim, is innovative and downright brilliant. I'm absolutely sold. I have to admit, lately my gamer's sensation has gone down because I've felt that the market has been too bland. Nintendo has gotten me stoked again, something they've not managed to do for years. My wallet already screams for mercy.
Oh right another person who think nostalgia gaming is fun. My post screams ignorance why? Because I want innovation in my games? Or how about I just want new games? That make me a fanboy? Back to youtube with you troll.
New games? All the games you mentioned when you replied to my post were sequels! Kinect is the only new thing that Microsoft really showcased and that costs $150 and looks to be geared more towards casual gamers. Kinectimals? Really?
Yes but not sequels that have been going on for decades with no goddamn changes. And there is no price for Kinect yet. But I have to say Kinect wasn't MS' strong point; it looked very gimmicky. But at least Gears and Fable looked worth a play, with Reach probably being more of the same.
Either way, the games MS offered are more innovative than any of the rehashed crap that nintendo offered.
Im going to have to disagree there. I have been a loyal xbox owner since I got the first one at launch and now I just feel betrayed. nintendoe's originality comes from how they reiterate their franchises (the new kirby game I mean that looked original). halo reach got me exited but thats it. nothing on Kinect looked original, they were all Wii ripoffs. If I wanted Wii games I would have bought one, actually after seeing nintendoe's press conference Ill probably get a Wii instead of Kinect.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Mazty said:
Nmil-ek said:
Mazty said:
gmer412 said:
Mazty said:
Worst presentation yet. So no new titles, a rip off of mario party, a zelda with dodgy controls. Metroid which looks hollow, Kid Icarus, a dead franchise from the 80's, another generic side scrolling platformer (DK) etc. Golden Sun probably will be good, and kirby looked interesting but Mickey looked boring and Perfect Dark on XBL has taught us that remaking old games is pointless as they offer nothing close to the level of gameplay we expect from modern games.
Christ how is Nintendo not broke?
How was Microsoft's, EA's, or Ubisoft's presentation better again?
Kinetic at least looked somewhat entertaining, but mainly the ESPN features, Gears 3, Halo: Reach and Fable 3 looked worth a play.
EA was the best so far. Crysis 2, Dead Space 2, Madden, NFS, Medal of Honour and Star Wars.

Haven't seen Ubisoft's but considering the flak it's getting, can't imagine it was any good.
Cant agree, Microsoft was abysmal FPS followed by FPS and TPS and as usual nothing additional for the European market, glad the yanks get yet even more features though. And you cannot hounestly tell me the over half an hour spent on kinnetic and watching a little girl pet virtual animals was fun. Or the forced conversation segments fuck me that was bad.

EA was bland nothing special nothing too bad, Crysis 2 looks gorgeous but I suspect that was the x-box version can imagine what it will look like on a fully optimised rig. Dead space 2 more jumpscares/looks more and more like Resident Evil 4 as times goes on, sports yawn, FPS yawn, Kotor wooo oh it's jsut a trailer no new info *shrug*

And watch Ubisoft and tell me Nintendo was the worst just do it enjoy the game based off breathing, jet set knockoff (that they spend a good 15 mins on), lazer tag, forced jokes and michael jackson dance routine -_-
Yeah Kinet was pretty sh*tty, but at least some of the games looked worth while. Nintendos just re-releasing games they made in the 90's. There presentation utterly lacked any substance which wasn't just appealing to nostalgic nerds.
Crysis 2 looked awesome on the xbox, and Dead Space looked interesting enough to be a worth while sequel, and very, very different to RE4, not sure how you are making that comparison...Sports yawn? It's a big market and shows they aren't just updating players, so hardly something you can "yawn" off unless you have a reason. Yeah Bulletstorm looked atrocious with possibly the worst ingame scripting I've ever heard. And the trailer was pretty if nothing else, but would like to see some gameplay elements, because FMVs show nothing.
When I've time may give Ubisoft worth a watch, but to be honest they've never been a major hitter in the gaming market so no idea why they had a presentation to themselves =S
First: Tone it down, dude. If you keep insulting everyone arguing with you, you will be silenced very, very quickly, because that sort of thing is not welcome here. People can be excited for the games without being "nostalgia nerds."

Second: It's true that the presence of classic characters/franchises does not automatically make games good. Nor does it automatically make them bad. Games like Kirby, DKC, Kid Icarus looked fun, whether they starred Donkey Kong or, I don't know, Jim the Monkey. A good game is a good game, and Nintendo usually delivers with that.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is not a worse game for using Mario.

gmer412

Feb 21, 2008
More Fun To Compute said:
@Mazty; Calm down man, Nintendo are not going to take your brown boring shooters away from you.
You, sir, deserve a cookie.

AdmiralWolverineLightningbolt said:
paper mario 3ds?!!?
http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/109/1097963p1.html
YESSDLKHFDD
YES. YES. YES. YES.