Nintendo Financial Earnings Report/Meeting for 2017-2018 - RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE!

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Hello everyone it's time for my annual thread reporting the Nintendo Finance Report. Last time, things looked pretty dismal for the company with profits down and the Wii U dead in the water with the Switch nowhere to be found. This time, however...

Sales
Switch Hardware: 2.74 million units
Breath of the Wild Switch: 2.76 million units
Nintendo Switch Software: 5.46 million units
Breath of the Wild Wii U: 1.08 million units
3DS Hardware: 7.27 million units
Pokemon Sun & Moon: 15.44 million units
Super Mario Maker for 3DS: 2.34 million units
Kirby Planet Robobot: 1.36 million units

Sales have been up across the board. Particularly impressive is Breath of the Wild's attach rate is higher than the number of Switches sold. While the meeting isn't for another 2 days so I don't have a lot of news for future projects, we do know that Nintendo predicts a 10 million unit sales of the Nintendo Switch for the next fiscal year. If this happens (which given by the sales data seems a great underestimation) then the Switch will have outsold the Wii U's entire lifetime sales within 15 months.

This thread will be updated in two days detailing the financial meeting. In any case, let's see how this can be twisted into Nintendo going third party. I know some sites are already trying to spin it...

Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170427e.pdf

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
How the hell did BotW sale more games than the system?

Is this 'sales' or 'shipped'?

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Tanis said:

Maybe people have bought the game before they bought the system, I know that there have been Switch shortages.

I did the same before I bought my PS4, got a couple of games I wanted to play about a month before I bought it. That way when I did get my console, I would have stuff to play.

Maybe it's a similar thing.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
Tanis said:

Sales, To be fair, this is only for the month of March and numbers we have right now indicate the attach rate is around 80% which is still really high but not insane like >100%..

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
BaldursGateTemple said:
This isn't really that impressive. The Wii U had similar figures when it was new as well.
Seeing as this has been stated to be record sales for a Nintendo console at launch, I'm gonna have to ask for a source on that claim.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
BaldursGateTemple said:
This isn't really that impressive. The Wii U had similar figures when it was new as well.
If I'm reading this correctly the Wii U sold 1.52 million units in 6 weeks; Switch sold 2.74 million in less than a month.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/how-successful-was-the-wii-u-launch

Topping your worst launch ever isn't much but they did it.

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
BaldursGateTemple said:
If I'm reading this correctly the Wii U sold 1.52 million units in 6 weeks; Switch sold 2.74 million in less than a month.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/how-successful-was-the-wii-u-launch

Topping your worst launch ever isn't much but they did it.
These numbers tell me that it is likely the Switch doubled the Wii U launch sales. In 4 weeks the Switch sold 2.74 million units. In 6 weeks the Wii U sold 1.52 billion. So in the extra 2 weeks of sales for the Switch, I'd be willing to bet they sold 300k+ units.