Nintendo Further Details E3 2016 Plans

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Nintendo Further Details E3 2016 Plans

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/994/994205.jpg

The Legend of Zelda may be the only playable demo at E3, but Nintendo's streams will cover a variety of different titles.

Nintendo previously announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167355-Nintendos-E3-Plans-are-All-About-The-Legend-of-Zelda] that the new installment in The Legend of Zelda franchise would be "the only playable game in Nintendo's booth via extended demos" in order to "ensure attendees are able to truly experience the freedom of exploration the game offers." In addition, in place of the Nintendo Direct, the company planned to host a day-long Zelda stream. Today, Nintendo expanded on its E3 plans, which include more information on the E3 streaming coverage.

The first stream at 9am PT on June 14 focuses largely on The Legend of Zelda, but will also include live gameplay of Pokemon Sun and Moon. The next stream, at 10am PT on June 15, will include a Pok?mon GO developer Q&A, and will also showcase upcoming releases for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

The new The Legend of Zelda will release in 2017 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167276-Nintendo-NX-Launches-March-2017-Legend-of-Zelda-Delayed] alongside Nintendo's new console, codenamed NX. Series Producer Eiji Aonuma said that the newest Zelda will be "a clean break from the conventions of previous games," introducing new gameplay and removing boundaries "that forced players to follow a set path."

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Nintendo Further Details E3 2016 Plans: We plan to continue on our journey towards being utterly irrelevant in today's gaming world.

Nov 28, 2007
Li Mu said:
Nintendo Further Details E3 2016 Plans: We plan to continue on our journey towards being utterly irrelevant in today's gaming world.
Isn't that pretty much the same thing people have been saying since at least before the Wii release?

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
I'm not entirely sure why Nintendo is bothering with showing anything at E3. Given the lackluster lineup, this could have easily been a Nintendo Direct and they wouldn't have had to bother shelling out money for the floor space for the tree house. I mean, I like Zelda, but if that's the crown jewel in the NX lineup and nothing else (no 3rd party support, no new franchises, no new games in series from Nintendo's catalogue that haven't been touched in decades) then its going to stall out with the main stream crowd like with the WiiU.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Li Mu said:
Though the ubiquitous conversations about them daily say otherwise.

Anyway, I look forward to the Treehouse streams as they're the only thing at E3 I even bother keeping track of anymore considering how boring the rest of the show is. I also wonder what Nintendo's presentation will be like this year due to Nintendo being the only playable title open to the public and not talking about the NX.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
thebobmaster said:
Li Mu said:
Isn't that pretty much the same thing people have been saying since at least before the Wii release?
So far so true. Moreso before, during and after the Wii U's stint.