Nintendo Hasn't Ruled Out Making Another Super Mario Galaxy, Says Miyamoto

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CriticKitten said:
And to be fair, he's right.
Not if you're Apple, Nintendo, or any of the other companies that pride themselves on their "innovation" and "revolutionary" ideas.

Honestly, though, I think his comment is more of this:

WhiteTigerShiro said:
And given that you clearly have no interest in Mario either way
Someone didn't like that I made a snarky comment about Mario and immediately switched to the "haters gonna hate" mindset.

I mean, yeah. I have no interest in Mario either way. That's why I've owned almost every iteration of the core Mario series from inception to now. It's why, when I had a Wii, my most played games were Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario World on the VC. It's why I've been recently ranting about the lack of Super Mario World in portable format (far as I can tell) and why just about the only reason I regret not having a WiiiiiiiU is the fact that the new Mario title for it looks pretty damn good. and pretty much the only reason, because I don't care for most of the games coming out for it whatsoever. Unlike the 3DS, where my only question is which games I'm going to get first because I can only play so many.

But I said a snarky thing about a Mario game, so it naturally follows that I clearly have no interest in Mario either way.

It's only logical.

I mean, seriously, though, this is a common and disturbing trend. Any criticism of a game, no matter how small, seems to put you in the 'haters' camp. Because you cannot simultaneously be a fan of something, or even just casually interested, and still take issue. You are with us or against us in a purity test that the moment you step out of line you are obviously against us.

Honestly, I'm betting I'm a Nintendo hater, too. I mean, I could post pictures of the four DS/3DS models I currently own, including the one I broke four years ago but still use for Pokémon rading, but would even that be enough to prove my brand loyalty? Do I clearly not have an interest in Nintendo either way, as well?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Mario games are Mario games, matters little what they are called, just matters if they are fun.

Mario Bros, land, world, 64, galaxy, sunshine, etc.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CriticKitten said:
I like how you took one line out of my post that wasn't even a core part of the argument and turned it into "you're just bashing me because you think I hate Nintendo".

No, I'm "bashing" you because you're whining about "innovation" when that has nothing to do with this discussion at all. This series got better in the last iteration. So why do you care if they make another one, especially if it keeps getting better each time?

Don't straw-man. It doesn't help your case in the slightest.
Funny. I never made it about you or whined.

I find the "innovation" thing funny. It was the foundation of the joke. My statement about 'hating' Nintendo addressed two people, neither of which were you. One was addressed as "his" claim and the other was addressed in a following quote. I was very specific.

Don't accuse me of a strawman for saying things to you I never said in portions of a post not about you. It's a blatant double standard.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
CriticKitten said:
So I'm guessing all of that "I've bought so many Nintendo products but obviously I hate Nintendo" crap in your last post wasn't meant to be whining about a perceived attack against you? Because that's totally how it reads to me.
You also made an unnecessary confrontational post based on something not even remotely aimed at you, though. You're still lying both about my motives and what I said. Pardon me if I don't take much stock in the way you read it. You seem to be looking for reasons to lash out, and if that's what you really want, fine. You can go on my ignore list. You seem like a decent person most of the time, and I'm not sure why you need to cleave to this lie so hard, but I have bigger things to worry about than someone hell-bent on being deceptive.

EDIT:

Uh, if you're referring to your most recent post, then yes, one of those two people most certainly was me.
Except it's clear I wasn't. You again have to change what I say to have an argument. I don't know why you're doing this.