Nintendo Indefatigable Supermen

retsupurae yahtsee

May 14, 2012
I had a longer post for this, but it disappeared: Basically, I am tired of this P.C. master race bullshit. Nintendo is the best game developer has a 35 year history of classics, from Donkey Kong to Splatoon. I posted a list of its old systems and their best games here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.937067-NES-games-have-aged-terribly?page=2#23616405 and I would add Jackal, Puyo Puyo, Aladdin, Space Megaforce, Pilotwings, Run Saber to it.

Wii and WiiU have dozens of classics, far more than the mostly lame shit on Xbox One and PS4.

Nintendo's games have lots of imagination and variety, with strange worlds and twists.

Join the cool, smart kids and abandon those P.C. nerds, the requirement are to beat ten games from the NES, SNES and N64 era and five from later systems.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
We have the PC Master Race and Dirty Console Peasants. But we've never had a way to describe Nintendo fans. I propose Naked Nintendo Inmates. So rejoice Dirty Console Peasants! You aren't quite the worst in the world. You're still not that great compared to us PC Master Race, but at least you aren't a Naked Nintendo Inmate!

Zenja

Jan 16, 2013
So buy into your brand (Nintendo) of elitist crap instead? No thanks. The only thing annoying about PC Master Race jokes is those with actual superiority complexes that don't 'get' the joke. I game on PC, Playstation, and Nintendo. They all have strengths worthy of holding above the others. Not knocking on Xbox there, I just see Xbox and PS as rival systems that don't offer much if you have the other. So you could substitute Xbox for Playstation in my setup. Nintendo offers a unique gaming experience. PC offers a unique gaming experience. Playstation and Xbox are very similar but are both unique to PC and Nintendo.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I would much much much much much MUCH rather have the "lame shit" on the Xbox/Playstation than just about anything from Nintendo. I would take "The Last of Us" before I'd take any of Nintendo's flagships.

None of the Big N Franchises do anything for me and so you're relying on third party Nintendo games and if you're relying on third party for your Nintendo fun, you're gonna have a bad time...

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
You are telling me to trade my current elitism for another?

No thanks. And I am glad that we don't need to make threads to advertise our obvious superiority.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
Ezekiel said:
MysticSlayer said:
We have the PC Master Race and Dirty Console Peasants. But we've never had a way to describe Nintendo fans. I propose Naked Nintendo Inmates. So rejoice Dirty Console Peasants! You aren't quite the worst in the world. You're still not that great compared to us PC Master Race, but at least you aren't a Naked Nintendo Inmate!
I like "manchildren". Because it's all kid friendly and colorful and they cling to nostalgia and throw these tantrums.
Aren't video game enthusiasts in general described as manchildren by everyone not a video game enthusiast? I don't think smearing grey-brown grime on everything and having characters talk like Christian Bale with sandpaper down his throat fools anyone outside the gamer ghetto into thinking that video games aren't fundamentally children's toys.

But if we're going to extend the analogy from peasants, I'd make Nintendo fans the priestly caste. They want everything kept pure and wholesome and show great deference to retaining the holy formulas of the past. Nintendo fans are less about exploring new territory and more about venerating old icons.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Skatalite said:
Ok, so you like Nintendo. What's there to discuss?
as a huge Nintendo fanboy. Who has basically decorated an entire room in Nintendo stuff. I just want to point at this single post and say THIS!

Nintendo is pretty awesome in my eyes. But the same time I'm not going to tell other people to dump their own opinions because my opinion is supposedly better than all the rest.

Nintendo has done a lot of good for the gaming industry, and has done a lot of bad too. Just like most companies it's a mixed bag and your preference does it mean that your more correct some how.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
I'm sorry, I'm having trouble hearing you over all the PC, Nintendo and Xbox games I play (and I plan on getting a PS4 down the road).

These things aren't mutually exclusive, people. Nobody's going to haul you off in chains if you dabble in more than one platform.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
MysticSlayer said:
Ezekiel said:
I like "manchildren". Because it's all kid friendly and colorful and they cling to nostalgia and throw these tantrums.
I dunno. I've always been fond of "Ninnies".

It's got layers of meaning and it has a certain ring to it. It even flows naturally as a follow up to "Ninty".

So...
* PC Mustard Master Race
* Console Peasants
* Ninty Ninnies

Oh tribalism. You bring so much entertainment.

Neverhoodian said:
I'm sorry, I'm having trouble hearing you over all the PC, Nintendo and Xbox games I play (and I plan on getting a PS4 down the road).

These things aren't mutually exclusive, people. Nobody's going to haul you off in chains if you dabble in more than one platform.
Except the IRS, after you've gone into debt from buying too many games and systems.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
All games have their place, so no, sorry. Not gonna buy into this. I like Nintendo more than the rest, sure, cause I tend to find their games a bit more fun than others. But that doesn't mean they're superior by any means. Loads of my favourites aren't Nintendo titles at all.

Secondly, a bit more towards the rest... Nintendo fans aren't any less rabid than anyone else in the "console peasantry." For every time fans scream for Nintendo to do something a bit more out of the ordinary with their franchises, you have fans for other franchises/companies throwing death threats over other titles in the industry. *cough*No Man's Sky*cough*

Gamerpalooza

Sep 26, 2014
I'm a gamer not a brand loyalist.

If a platform has games I want to play I'll play them. My allegiance is to what will satisfy me.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
While Nintendo still has a lot of merit nowadays, I think it would be disingenuous to say that they are still on the top of their game, mate.

Just take Paper Mario for example, they seem to have completely lost touch with what people want, giving us more goddamn Sticker Star.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
MysticSlayer said:
We have the PC Master Race and Dirty Console Peasants. But we've never had a way to describe Nintendo fans.
Isn't this just the usual Nintendo Defense Force lines?

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Sonmi said:
While Nintendo still has a lot of merit nowadays, I think it would be disingenuous to say that they are still on the top of their game, mate.

Just take Paper Mario for example, they seem to have completely lost touch with what people want, giving us more goddamn Sticker Star.
I actually don't think Nintendo lost touch. They KNOW what people want out of a Paper Mario but I think they themselves just don't want a true paper Mario. I'm guessing they thought they didn't need two Mario rpg's and since the paper aspect gives Paper Mario room for experimentation they jut decided to sacrifice that rpg branch.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
Hades said:
Sonmi said:

I actually don't think Nintendo lost touch. They KNOW what people want out of a Paper Mario but I think they themselves just don't want a true paper Mario. I'm guessing they thought they didn't need two Mario rpg's and since the paper aspect gives Paper Mario room for experimentation they jut decided to sacrifice that rpg branch.
I think you may be right, but I don't think that doesn't make them any less out of touch.

The RPG aspects of the game, the story itself, and the characters were what drew people to Paper Mario, by removing all of that, they essentially robbed the series of its soul. Simply compare the Toad NPCs from the first two games with the ones in Sticker Star, or what we've seen of Colour Splash, they simply lack personality and soul.

I mean, Mario and Luigi is a fine series, but I don't see why the two series shouldn't have overlapping elements.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
il tell ya what boyo why don't you go stop being elitist towards this and enjoy all gaming :D

I built me a gaming rig and play lots of PC games, I own a Wii U and 3DS and I play on PS4 and ya know what?

I fucking love all the gaming I can play why would i drop all my stuff and cut it down to 1 system? your crazy to think that is good

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
I'm just going to join in on pointing and laughing at the gross absurdity of trying to encourage people to exchange one form of elitism for another as if it's some kind of improvement of character. There is a small chance that this thread is satire but my sarcasm detector did not ping and Poe's Law or not I am taking this thread as being dead serious rather than as simply taking the piss.

I kinda need extra large font and coloured text for but I can't be arsed to look up the forum coding for it at the moment.

FOR THE LAST TIME (I HOPE) THERE IS NO SUPERIOR PLATFORM. THEY ALL HAVE THEIR OWN MERITS AND DISADVANTAGES AND JUST BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE PREFER ONE PLATFORM OVER ANOTHER IS NO REASON TO TAKE IT AS PERSONAL AFFRONT.