Nintendo Keen To Join Lucrative DLC Biz

themasterofj

Sep 6, 2010
I never had a ps3 or 360 but from what I heard that plenty of companies use it to milk people dry. I want to be able to play the game i want and not have to buy the other half again.
it may be good if used to extend the life of a game with extra worlds, levels, pokemon, side quests etc. months after the initial release but i really hope nintendo keeps its promise of not using dlc in their games

Ne1butme

Nov 16, 2009
If Nintendo is going to be serious about DLC, then they'll need a better storage system. I don't recall how much internal storage space will be in the Wii U but it can be easy to fill that up with DLC.

Towowo2

Feb 6, 2009
Ne1butme said:
If Nintendo is going to be serious about DLC, then they'll need a better storage system. I don't recall how much internal storage space will be in the Wii U but it can be easy to fill that up with DLC.
If I recall correctly, External HD's and SDHC Cards will be used for external space. Neither of which is very expensive.

awesomeness0407

Jan 27, 2011
dagens24 said:
New Nintendo DLC is easy! Just select the piece of DLC you want, find the 15 digit code associated with that piece then input the 12 digit code found in the corresponding game's manual and your 20 console code into the DLC website after signing on with your 18 digit log on key and your set; you're DLC will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks!
hahah...that's classic

SachielOne

Former Escapecraft Op
Aug 10, 2009
Has anyone actually looked at the library of games available on the 3DS store? Aside from a few titles, I initially thought I had tapped in to the crap section of Apple's App Store via some bizarre error.

Also, why does the 3DS need its own currency? They could have renamed the Wii Points and used those just fine. Actually, I'm just bitter about the points thing because the cash cards for the 3DS store STILL haven't come out in Canada. I would have bought Cave Story already if I could have.

Towowo2 said:
Ne1butme said:
If I recall correctly, External HD's and SDHC Cards will be used for external space. Neither of which is very expensive.
They are, however, woefully inadequate if DLC will be reaching the file sizes e regularly see on the XBox. I've downloaded all kinds of DLC that are in the gigabyte file size range. I'd rather not have to keep a case full of labelled SD cards next to the system.