Nintendo Launches Wii U Update, Makes it Faster... Maybe

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
RandV80 said:
What I meant was a big chunk of their current sales likely came from Christmas shopping.
It's following a similar pattern to the 3DS, launched in February. The odds are, DVS is right. The timing probably did get them SOME sales, but I doubt waiting to release a finished product would have cost them much.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
thiosk said:
I just can't figure out what the point of rushing the hardware out was exactly. Are there ANY first party titles worth a damn yet?

I hear about this so called pikman, but i was never a pikman man myself, so I don't know.

So its got a cludgy slow interface, has few titles, AND i can't even get a god damned metroid for it?

You know, if they had released THIS WEEK, sales wouldn't have been affected much (they havnet sold squat) and it would have been a nice counterpoint to the news on the soon-to-be-trainwrecks PS4\NEXTBOX.

Just sayin'
Unless Sony or Microsoft can break the trend the first year of a new console never looks good. Expensive, minimal game library consisting of mostly shovel ware trying to cash in on the new console rush, and a more recent trend hardware and software problems in the console itself. Where Nintendo can do well is if they can have the glitches worked out and enough actual worthwhile games launched in time to start year 2 when Sony and MS launch and begin their first year struggles.

This is basically what Microsoft did to Sony last time around. Objectively year 1 of the 360 and year 1 of the PS3 weren't all that much different, but in year 1 of the PS3 it was actually competing against year 2 of the 360 and it took a real beating.

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Well I have a wii-u. Have Monster Hunter 3, Lego City, Ninja Gaiden, Nintendo Land and Mario bros U. So with the update only taking 30 minutes to DL on DSL and about 5 minutes to install after reseting it, I can really tell the difference in loading times. It's not HUGE, but makes me happy to play Lego City faster. :p