Nintendo Lineup Confirms Ocarina of Time 3D for June

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Nintendo Lineup Confirms Ocarina of Time 3D for June

Nintendo's second quarter lineup of 2011 has revealed two new first-party Wii games and the final release date for Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.

No matter how big of a Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107125-Hands-On-Steel-Diver]. Nintendo was tight-lipped about when we'd see the remake of the classic N64 title, but with the recent announcement of the company's second quarter lineup for 2011comes a final release date for Link... in 3D.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, which will add more content in the form of a Cave Story 3D [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108255-Nintendo-Confirms-Master-Quest-for-Ocarina-of-Time-3D] for June 28.

Nintendo also did the unexpected and revealed two new first-party titles to be released on the Wii by the end of June. Wii Remote Plus [http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Play-Motion-Black-Remote-Nintendo/dp/B004W4S1S8/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1302620755&sr=1-1]. Nintendo says Wii Play: Motion will have players catching wind in umbrellas and smashing "garden pests" with a mallet.

The second first-party title coming out of Nintendo for the Wii this year is Mystery Case Files: Dust to Dust [http://www.amazon.com/Mystery-Case-Files-Dust-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B004W4STO4/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1302621074&sr=1-1], another entry in the popular hidden-object franchise and the first on the Wii. Fans of hidden-object games should know what to expect here: moving through static scenes, finding hidden objects, picking up screwdrivers to loosen screws, etc. Dust to Dust will also feature a multiplayer component for co-op or competitive play.

The rest of the lineup is made up of titles such as Driver: Renegade [http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Pirates-Caribbean-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002I0GEBO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1302621279&sr=8-2]. Whatever you may think about that, don't forget: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D will be out on June 19. Here's the full list:

Wii

Activision
Transformers™: Dark of the Moon™ Stealth Force Edition - June 14

Deep Silver, Inc.
Get Fit with Mel B - Spring

Disney Interactive Studios
LEGO® Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game - May

Disney?Pixar
Cars 2: The Video Game - Summer

Graffiti Entertainment, Inc.
Reader Rabbit® Preschool - April
Reader Rabbit® Kindergarten - April
Reader Rabbit® 1st Grade - April
Reader Rabbit® 2nd Grade - April

Konami Digital Entertainment
Karaoke Revolution Glee: Volume 2 - Spring

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
ExerBeat™ - April 26

Nintendo
Wii Play™: Motion - June 13
Mystery Case Files™: Dust to Dust™ - June 27

SEGA
Thor™: God of Thunder - May 3
The Conduit™ 2 - April 12

THQ Inc.
Rio - April 12
SpongeBob SquigglePants - April 12
Kung Fu Panda® 2 - May 24

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters - June 7

Nintendo DS Family

Activision
Transformers™: Dark of the Moon™ AUTOBOTS™ - June 14
Transformers™: Dark of the Moon™ DECEPTICONS™ - June 14
Squinkies - April 12

Bergsala Lightweight LLC
Loving Life with Hello Kitty® and Friends - May 10

Deep Silver, Inc.
Duke Nukem: Critical Mass - Q2

Disney?Pixar
Cars 2: The Video Game - Summer

Easy Interactive
Hollywood Files - June 14
Picture Puzzle Collection - May 17
Match 3 Madness - May 3

Konami Digital Entertainment
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 - May 10

Majesco Entertainment
Cake Mania Main Street - May

SEGA
Thor™: God of Thunder - May 3

THQ Inc.
Rio - April 12
Paws & Claws Pampered Pets 2™ - April 12
Kung Fu Panda® 2 - May 24

LEGO® Battles: Ninjago - Spring

Nintendo 3DS

Activision
Transformers™: Dark of the Moon™ Stealth Force Edition 3D - June 14

Aksys Games Localization, Inc.
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II - May 24

Crave Games
Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion - May 24

D3 Publisher
Dream Trigger™ 3D - April

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
DualPenSports™ - May
PAC-MAN® & Galaga® DIMENSIONS - June

Nintendo
The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D - June 19

NIS America, Inc.
Cave Story 3D - June 28

TECMO KOEI AMERICA CORP.
DEAD OR ALIVE® Dimensions - May

THQ Inc.
SpongeBob SquigglePants - May 17

Ubisoft Entertainment
Driver® Renegade - Spring
Rabbids® Travel in Time - April 10
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® 3D - April 10
James Noir's Hollywood Crimes™ - June 7

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Did I just see an a release date for a Portable Duke Nukem on there? Can we Kick ass and chew bubble gum (and we're all out of gum) on the go? I hope they do it justice.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Well, I already knew about the yugioh world championship one as I was planning on getting that anyway and amazon had already gotten the release date for that.

Also, now that they have the release date for the ocarina remake, I know when I'll be getting a 3DS.

Et3rnalLegend64

Jan 9, 2009
So, can we put the boots on C-button like Wind Waker now? I don't feel like pressing start all the time again. And is that BlazBlue I see? Can't see how it would work on a handheld (due to lack of buttons)

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
dang, they really gave OOT a graphics upgrade. I wonder if the master quest will be the same as it was on the GCB release that came with the Windwaker pre-order.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Et3rnalLegend64 said:
So, can we put the boots on C-button like Wind Waker now? I don't feel like pressing start all the time again.
I doubt it. It's possible that they'll move the boots over to the item menu or let you hotkey equipment, but if not, you'll be able to switch boots instantly and without pausing by keeping the equipment menu on the touchscreen.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
I plan on buying Ocarina of Time when i hopefully get a 3DS for my birthday on July 29th, and SSFIV.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
caleb451 said:
Reader Rabbit? Seriously?
I'm honestly hoping that those are just a bad, bad joke. This could be my final straw for the Wii.

Time to start pricing Xbox's.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Raving Rabbids and Yugioh aren't out? Funny? I've had the latter for about a month now. How on earth did the UK get that months before the US? Rabbids was hmmmm. Week after launch I believe.

Nice to see Zelda and Cave Story there. Blazblue and Duke Nukem too. Cus the rest (especially the Wii) has a whole lotta pap.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
So still no dates on new and exciting games then? If I want to play OoT and OoT Master Quest, I have them on GameCube (which my Wii will play just fine).

Nicholas Woodruff

Cynical Cynic
Jan 2, 2011
ABLb0y said:
Well, Ocarina of time might actually convince me to get a 3DS.
Considering it was a known release since the 3DS' original appearance, I own one. I thought Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition was okay, but merely a time waster until the May 7th update and OoT.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Demoliboy2 said:
Is that a 3DS BlazBlue i see?

Marked on the calendar, can't wait for it.
What kinda irks me is that Continuum Shift II comes out 2 days after a con I'm going to that Noel/Nu's voice actress is gonna be at.

Anyway, now that OoT 3D has a release date, I think it's safe to say that the 3DS is going to have a HUGE boost in sales

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I wish Calamity Trigger had left a good impression on me, that way I could be happy about BlazBlue being released on my birthday.