Nintendo: New Zelda in 2010, DS Successor Motion-Sensitive

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Ok, I look silly enough when I sit on the bus yelling into my DS. How the hell are you going to look when your yelling and waving your hands about?

Kyp

Feb 13, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
I'll probably play it (and love it) regardless, but I really hope they put in an option for classic controllers. In fact I already emailed them about that. They were kind enough to respond, but were pretty vauge. Here's their response:

Hello,
I appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us regarding the use of motion controls over classic button controls. Rest assured that your email will be forwarded on to the appropriate department for further review. At this time, a new Legend of Zelda game hasn't been officially announced, so there's no information on what type of control setup the next game might support. If any official news is announced, it will appear in the What's New section of www.nintendo.com.
Well, Actually I was referring to the motion controlled DS successor. I think the swordplay, if it's really 1:1 will be awesome.

SomeBritishDude said:
Ok, I look silly enough when I sit on the bus yelling into my DS. How the hell are you going to look when your yelling and waving your hands about?
Precisely my point

Brain_Cleanser

Dec 18, 2009
Enlong said:
Frankydee said:
It'll be interesting to see how they can pull off motion control for a hand held.
Kirby Tilt n' Tumble says hi.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.......
Tilt n' Tumble was a nightmare, I hope they make the motion better than that. It's the only GBC game I have that I never finished.
So, I'll remain distantly hopeful for it.

As for Zelda, who am I kidding? I'll buy it anyway.

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
get your Wii motion controls out of my DS. I'm quite happy with the DS at the moment, and you said it yourself how are you supposed to flail about in a car?

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
Last year was a bit of concept art
Maybe this E3 Nintendo will show us a few panning shots of the background :)
2011 will actually show Link swing a sword! With music even! :D

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
I love how most people think "motion controls" and then think "oh Nintendo is making Project Natal on a handheld" rather than the more sane and reasonable projection that maybe they're doing something with tilt sensors and accelerometers.

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
AceDiamond said:
I love how most people think "motion controls" and then think "oh Nintendo is making Project Natal on a handheld" rather than the more sane and reasonable projection that maybe they're doing something with tilt sensors and accelerometers.
Admittedly, the first thing for me that came to mind was a wiimote stylus type thing. Then I realised that such an idea would be unbelievably stupid.

I'm interested to see what Nintendo do with this. Unlike some people, I'm actually optimistic about Nintendo, seeing as how everything they've made for the Wii that was marketed to my demographic was a game I have thoroughly enjoyed.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Oh boy. ANOTHER handheld successor.

Hang on nintendo. I don't think you shelled out the DS enough. You can still make DS phat, or DS super light, or even the Micheal Jackson bundle.

Oh well. At least the new Zelda will be something to look at.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Oh Gods, please don't let it be fully motion controlled ...Anything but that >.<

well not ANYTHING but my point should have gotten across: full, mandatory motion control as the only for of control = BAD

thatstheguy

Dec 27, 2008
LeonLethality said:
I WANT THE GAME BOY BACK What ever happened to the good old gameboy from nintendo? I loved those things...
You know they could have easily called the DS the "Gameboy: Who Gives a Shit" and people wouldn't have cared. It's just a name, what does it matter?

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
I can take or leave the Zelda franchise. I haven't played a Zelda game since the NES days, not in any hurry to catch up on it.

I would like to see what the next true successor to the DS is. It'd be nice if it has backward compatibility with DS (DSi) carts, at least until Big N decides to revamp it by removing the DS cart slot and giving the new handheld a retinal scanner or glucose monitor or whatever is wacky-cool in Japan at the moment.

I haven't picked up a DSi yet, not sure if I will, since other than downloadable content there're no DSi-only games out there and I don't know that there will be any time soon.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Hmmmmm. First, yay new Zelda lol. Although, I don't want to get too excited. We were promised awesome swordfights in Redsteel as well. Though I want number two, it looks much cooler. The new handheld. Ummmm. Is it going to be like an eyetoy thing? Cause that might work. Or is it going to be like the iPhone? Either way, probably a bad idea. Although the DS touchscreen can be really cool, if used properly.

smell-of-man

Aug 20, 2009
I just want the option to play the new zelda with my gamecube-controller.
I'm tired of being forced to use the wii-mote

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
The only hand-held I've ever liked has been the Game Boy Color. I loved that thing, and I still play on it occasionally. This better be good. :mad:

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Fuck motion based gaming.

Well, it damn well better be mandatory that all the motion games on the new handheld also have optional button controls. I can't tell you how much my hand hurts after a few hours of touch-screen only games.

Fish and Chips

Aug 21, 2009
WARIOWARE TWISTED?!
Yes? Oh lord, I still want that game. /cry

And Nintendo will probably nail the motion-sensor thing for handheld, however they choose to do it. I'm sure it'll be fine.

little bear

Nov 1, 2009
Enlong said:
Frankydee said:
It'll be interesting to see how they can pull off motion control for a hand held.
Kirby Tilt n' Tumble says hi.
*high fives Enlong*

This oughta be good. please nintendo, fix those motion sensor kinks and don't bring a motion sensor plus into the ring.