Nintendo Places Skyward Sword in Zelda Timeline

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Yawwy said:
Johnnyallstar said:
Outside of OoT and MM, then WW, I didn't know there was a strict timeline. How about that.
What about WindWaker and Phantom Hourglass?
WW was wind waker, but I haven't really cared about the hand held versions. I always figured they adhered to their own thing. Like Link's Awakening.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
The reason that Nintendo kept the timeline under wraps, Aonuma said, was so that it didn't constrain itself when it came to making new titles; saying that if he said a particular title was the first Zelda game, Nintendo would be unable to make a game before that. "For us to add titles to the series," he added. "We have to have a way of putting the titles before or after each other."
...and of course they wouldn't have to bother to make events in the game consistant with a timeline. Although they could also be upholding the illusion of a timeline because fans spend a lot of time speculating about it.

Samus Aaron

Apr 3, 2010
werewolfsfury said:
Jack and Calumon said:
Minish Cap surely came first, as that's how Link got his hat!

Calumon: There's a timeline?
no jack actually minish cap has to be at the end of the timeline because it looks like wind waker and is thought to be located in the new hyrule found at the end of said game
The art styles don't necessarily have anything to do with any zelda game's place in the timeline, they're all just stylistic.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Samus Aaron said:
werewolfsfury said:
Jack and Calumon said:

no jack actually minish cap has to be at the end of the timeline because it looks like wind waker and is thought to be located in the new hyrule found at the end of said game
The art styles don't necessarily have anything to do with any zelda game's place in the timeline, they're all just stylistic.
well that is what I think and only a good argument or nintendo can change my mind also funny avatar I now have an idea for what to name my snorlax in soul silver

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
The timeline goes as such:
Minish cap (First Link to wear a hat), Four Swords, Four Swords adventures. (First emergence of Gannon) Skyward sword (Predates all master sword games) Link to the Past (It was made as a prequel) Everything not named, Ocarina of Time, (First in the direct sequence of events that I'm going to explain) Majora's mask, Wind Waker (The flood happens because Link wasn't around because he was off fighting an evil mask.) Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks.

Samus Aaron

Apr 3, 2010
werewolfsfury said:
Samus Aaron said:
werewolfsfury said:
Jack and Calumon said:

well that is what I think and only a good argument or nintendo can change my mind also funny avatar I now have an idea for what to name my snorlax in soul silver
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man. JK, that's fair enough. It's just that I think that art direction has nothing to do with actual story or progression of events, but as I said, just my opinion.

Also, thanks for the complement! I'm quite proud of my avatar actually, made it all by my wee little self.

rrree

Aug 13, 2010
Nintendo messed up their own timeline of their own game.

WHOAW!! Hold up a sec!!!

WW and OOT have the Master Sword. WW comes before SS - they said SS was sequel to WW because Link has grown up. SS is said the have the blade BEFORE master sword even enters the series ... then what does that make WW when they said it was a sequel. Non-existent ... PLUS WW mentions OOT at the beginning of the game ... ? So WW comes after OOT, but also comes before SS, however SS comes before either of those ...

SS -> WW -> OOT or SS -> OOT -> WW or WW -> SS -> OOT or OOT -> SS -> WW or OOT -> WW -> SS ?? But wait, none of these can work!!!

Thats one messed up timeline.

Congrats the big N, you finally gave into the most stupid thing the fans wanted. Let them speculate and dream, don't give them something that's going to bust your credit.

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
All I want for Christmas is a Zelda game with more than 50 people in it.

Seriously, you have awesome puzzle elements and your Link is still as pretty as every, but I always feel like I'm a big empty room with ten doors, three of which belong to shops and seven for dungeons.

Lets see some more life! Majora's was wonderful for the constant background activity, you could follow someone around and really see them live their lives instead of walking in circles.

Every town should have a mass of people, every street should have something interesting to see or do. Oh and wouldn't it be awesome if it were possible to get lost? If towns could be bigger than two streets and a castle?

I fear that Zelda is going the way of Pokemon...