Nintendo Plans To Create More Spin-Off Titles Between Main Releases

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
The Apple BOOM said:
BigTuk said:
What I heard is.. we're going to start selling you parts of games and calling them spinoffs to charge you more.
What I heard is... I'm too jaded to see the evidence that Nintendo makes actual quality DLC on par with the old expansion packs from the 90's.
I would love to see smash brothers dlc. New characters, maps, game play modes...

There's real potential here, if handled carefully. I don't think Nintendo would make the the same mistakes other companies make.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
I kind of hope this means we get pokemon conquest 2, hopefully if that game gets made it will take place in a setting based on the three kingdoms period.

I would also love to see a smash bros style crossover but instead of a fighting game it?s a rpg or a strategy game.

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Well, this is good news. Maybe we won't have long droughts of games on 3DS and WiiU... Hopefully.

I'm also echoing the sentiment that fire emblem X shin megami tensei still exists. It's truly not vaporware since we haven't heard from it for a while. Maybe a year or two. Nope, it's certainly being made.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Fox12 said:
The Apple BOOM said:
BigTuk said:
What I heard is.. we're going to start selling you parts of games and calling them spinoffs to charge you more.
What I heard is... I'm too jaded to see the evidence that Nintendo makes actual quality DLC on par with the old expansion packs from the 90's.
I would love to see smash brothers dlc. New characters, maps, game play modes...

There's real potential here, if handled carefully. I don't think Nintendo would make the the same mistakes other companies make.
you haven't been up to date on smash news, have ya

(mewtwooooooooo)

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Hyrule Warriors doesn't seem like a small game at all. it may possibly be bigger than some main Nintendo series.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Not all too sure about the DLC part (though Nintendo has been good with that so far so let's see.)

I am interested in the latter part.

The Captain Toad game looks super enjoyable for sure, and it's not like other such titles like Yoshi's Island and stuff were that bad.

Actually...I wonder if they will ever make a game where the story centers around the Koopalings/Bowser Jr. and talks about the other kingdoms more. That would be hella interesting and would def be a first buy for me.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
ah, yes, even more recycling of same characters and ips in your console. exactly what nintendo need to sell their console to somone outside of hardcore nintendo crowd!