Nintendo President: Used Games Are Bad For Consumers

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I like getting used games for real cheap online.
I however have a hard time finding a gamestop I can walk into without wanting to repeatedly stab the employees and management on the way out.

You have to wait on line for a half hour (with only two others on line in front of you) to get ripped off and harassed into preordering (one of the biggest ripoffs since layway) anything coming out in the next year or buying their magazine subscription. Then if you're lucky they have the game they display on the rack (after looking for it for another half hour of course) and only then if you're really lucky the fruitcake behind the counter will actually put it in the case before handing it to you.

And that's only worth it if you have the additional luck of being able to find a used game that's more than a $2 discount from the new price. No it's not worth buying used if you're only saving $2 out of $60. It's also uneconomic because you have to "trade in" a few games to get one as opposed to "selling" one game on ebay or amazon and practically having enough to buy a new one.

Really I don't know how so many people can put up with that place.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Umm... There are lots of Used Bookstores in my city... And even one or two stores based ENTIRELY on used CDs/DVDs... But they are just little mom and pop stores... There doesn't seem to be a huge billion dollar industry based around second hand books or cds/dvds... but there are lots of little stores based on just that.

Maybe if a new book or CD cost 60 bucks there would be.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Either this is a horrible, horrible joke, or Mr. Fils-Aime has not been outside in a very, very long time. Then again, it seems to be a trend in Big Business to insist that what's best for the consumer is what they say is best for the consumer. Heaven forbid we have some input into how we spend our own money....

EbonBehelit

Oct 19, 2010
Perhaps it would be in the best interests of the industry to make games SO good nobody in their right mind would ever sell their copies back? That'd kill the second hand market. Maybe.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Reggie, it's time to call it quits. You had a good run, but you're just pushing it now. You've had to much to drink. Put down that 12th bottle of beer man. You're wasted and are talking nonsense.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Uh, guys. This topic (and Article) is two years old.

Just put the black candles and creepy books down. Just let go.