Nintendo Reveals Unique Fire/Water Pokemon Two Years After Leak

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Nintendo Reveals Unique Fire/Water Pokemon Two Years After Leak

Volcanion is the first ever dual fire and water-type Pokemon, and was first leaked two years ago.

Almost two years ago [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129269-Pokemon-X-and-Y-Hacker-Discovers-Three-Secret-Unobtainable-Pokemon], a Pokemon X and Y hacker discovered three secret, unobtainable Pokemon for the game. Diancie and Hoopa were officially revealed by Nintendo in short order, but the third, the unique dual fire and water-type Volcanion, remained a mystery. Until today, that is, with Nintendo "officially" revealing the Pokemon.

"This Pokemon uses fire and water to create steam within its body, expelling explosive shock waves and scalding steam from the arms on its back. Volcanion's power is said to be so great it can destroy an entire mountain, gouging out the earth and changing the shape of the land!"

You can read more about Volcanion on his official page [http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-au/pokemon/volcanion], or check out the trailer above. Nintendo has not yet revealed how players will be able to get their hands on him, but now that he has been officially revealed we can probably expect some sort of distribution event in the near future.

Source: Nintendo [http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-au/pokemon/volcanion]

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
It is pretty silly when you think about it. They could have at least given us the three Kalos events while Kalos was super relevant. I suppose Pokemon Z will be making Gen 6 relevant again, but don't have us wait two years to get a Pokemon without cheating.

Anyway, I think it's my favorite of the three event Pokemon of 6th gen, it's a shame it had to be the last to be given to us. Still waiting on a Fire/Grass type.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Okay, no, that's it! That's it. No more of this crap. This is where I draw the line. [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71qozMuPU9Y&t=2m51s] It would not be possible for Volcanion to be a fire, water type, because that would negate each, and then you'd end up with nothi-nothing.[/joke]

In all seriousness, that's pretty neat, but I'm surprised it took this long for a Fire-Water type Pokemon to exist.

He better have Hydro Beam as a move.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
My seven Volcanion's say "hi". They need the company of a legit one.

Speaking of Pokemon we've known about for years, is Hoopa even released yet?

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
Elfgore said:

Yes. It's available via Internet mystery gift if you're on McDonald's wifi. Got mine earlier today, along with a McRib.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
ccggenius12 said:
Elfgore said:

Yes. It's available via Internet mystery gift if you're on McDonald's wifi. Got mine earlier today, along with a McRib.
I'll be honest, I thought you were pulling me leg with that. A quick internet search proved you right. Never thought you'd get an event Pokemon at a fast food chain.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I hear they're planning to roll out an official mascot for the series too. Some kind of cute electric mouse. Pi-ka-chu? I'm not sure what the name means.

Luminous_Umbra

Sep 25, 2011
Elfgore said:
ccggenius12 said:
Elfgore said:

I'll be honest, I thought you were pulling me leg with that. A quick internet search proved you right. Never thought you'd get an event Pokemon at a fast food chain.
Probably because they're more common than some places they've released event Pokemon. *coughcoughgamestopcoughcough*

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
About time too. Given recent trends, I'd wager this Pokemon will be released next year just before Z is as an advertisement. Could get an early Japanese release tied in with the latest movie, too.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States

Better late than never I guess, now all I have to do is wait for it to be distributed at a fast food chain or Gamestop, rather than Nintendo making use the the in-home wifi feature.

Also I keep getting its name mixed up with Volcarona.

This generation feels kind of lacklustre, last one they were giving all sorts of stuff away over wifi and they still seem to do that in Japan or if you entered a tournament. Noncompetitive players really don't have much reason to pick the game back up.

I feel sorry for people who still need to get mew.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
*waits for the sale, so that it can sit with the 500 other Pokemon I never use*

...'cuz it's a STEAM Pokemon! LOL

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Something Amyss said:
Hero of Lime said:
Still waiting on a Fire/Grass type.
The Burning Bush Pok?mon?

...actually, they'd better call it that.
Actually, I dreamt up a Godzookie/Godzilla pokemon for an idea. It starts out as a typical Grass/Poison, but the evolved form would become a Grass/Fire type. For funsies, I also dreamt up a secondary evolution by giving the unevolved form a Metal Coat item to hold when it reached the level to evolve. When it did, it would become a "Mecha-Godzilla" form with a typing of Steel/Poison.

...yeah, sometimes I have too much time on my hands. >.>