Nintendo Says it is Making "Significantly More" SNES Classics than NES Classics

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Nintendo Says it is Making "Significantly More" SNES Classics than NES Classics

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1415/1415966.jpgYou may have a better chance of getting your hands on the SNES Classic Edition, as Nintendo says it is making "Significantly More" units this time around.

Earlier today, Nintendo announced that it would be producing the Polygon [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/170634-Nintendo-Announces-SNES-Classic-for-this-Fall] that it plans to produce "significantly more" units of the SNES Classic than it did the NES Classic.

In a statement, Nintendo said, "We aren't providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition." Unfortunately, it may not continue the production run very long. In the same statement, the company said, that it plans to continue production of the SNES Classic "from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017." While that doesn't mean that Nintendo couldn't make more consoles past that point, it did say that, "At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year."

The SNES Classic Edition launches on September 29. It doesn't appear to be on Amazon in the US just yet, but you can bet that it will be a hot commodity once it becomes available.

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I'll only believe Nintendo on Snes Classic if preorders last more than a week.
ffronw said:
The SNES Classic Edition launches on September 29. It doesn't appear to be on Amazon in the US just yet, but you can bet that it will be a hot commodity once it becomes available.
Translation
Scalpers.
Scalpers everywhere!

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I still believe that the Classic NES is just a myth, as I have yet to see one, or even meet someone who owns one. We shall see if this SNES is any different.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I'll believe that when I see it.

That said, I'm going to snag my preorder as soon as it's available, just in case.

Randomosity

Nov 19, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
So that means they're making, like, ten of them, then?
Nah they,re pulling out all the stops this time. They're gonna make a whole dozen this time.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Randomosity said:
shrekfan246 said:
So that means they're making, like, ten of them, then?
Nah they,re pulling out all the stops this time. They're gonna make a whole dozen this time.
Shit, I don't know how they'll be able to afford that sort of expense.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Oh ok, so every other retail store might get a single product instead of just every third one like last time?

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
"We aren't providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition."

Has there ever been a more bullshit statement from Nintendo than that? Like, we won't tell you exactly but take our word for it, we'll defo make more of them this time even though the production run will be like three months.

If I were an Amazon scalper, I'd have a hard-on the size of the Washington Monument right about now. The dozens of NES Classics that these jackasses appearently bought up are sitting pretty at three to four and a half bills these days. Imagine what these things will fetch.

Fuck Nintendo.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Oh, what is it they say in England?

"Pull the other one. It's got bells on."

Nintendo, you're about as trustworthy as King Backstab of Backstabbington County, during the International Pickpocket Festival.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Oh good, so retailers in my town will get two units every THIRD day instead of every fourth. Yep, that'll totally meet the demands of the 20+ people lining up daily before the stores open.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Loop Stricken said:
Oh Christ. That image reminds me that America got the ugly SNES.
Yeah, the Famicom/Euro design is far better.
Maybe it's again market based and the EU and Japan get the good design again.

Soulrender95

May 13, 2011
already out of stock for pre-ordering in the UK, so going to be a great time for the one person who ordered the 5 allocated to the UK.

going to be shit for regular people, here's to not getting one, just like I didn't get a Mini-Nes Oh well maybe I'll have more luck with N64-Mini, not bloody likely though.