Nintendo Switch Game Saves are Stored on the Console, Can't Be Transferred

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
gillnavisingh said:
Nintendo has said that My Nintendo will be a platform for Cloud Saves.
It's likely that Cloud Saves are coming before any warranty expires.

Not to mention, neither 360 or PS3 had cloud saves at launch. It's hardly worth getting pissed off over since chamges WILL be coming soon.
That would be a valid point if either was a recent console. The Xbox 360 was launched in 2005. We are 12 years on from then, thats is like saying the SNES didnt have cloud saves and that sold well.

Times, technology and expectations have moved on in the last TWELVE years. Apparently Nintendo has not. The only way I would pick up the doomed switch system is if I got one for free... and then I would probably ebay it.

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
chefzeff said:
Thanks pirates :^)

Same reason you dont have a browser.

You think Nintendo isnt aware that all exploits happen via either web browsers or save tampering?
Thanks chefzeff for thinking about Nitnendo's corporate interests over your own consumer interests. Someone had to do it and you were the brave one to step up and without even getting paid for it. I am sure Nintendo appreciates you.

In the name of piracy, maybe you would also defend Nintendo no longer letting people have complete games? What if Nintendo made you always stay online so that pieces of games could be downloaded/deleted as needed so pirates could never have the whole game. What do you think, would you defend Nintendo for that too?

WeepingAngels

May 18, 2013
gillnavisingh said:
Nintendo has said that My Nintendo will be a platform for Cloud Saves.

It's likely that Cloud Saves are coming before any warranty expires.

Not to mention, neither 360 or PS3 had cloud saves at launch. It's hardly worth getting pissed off over since chamges WILL be coming soon.
1) Different time, no one had cloud save in 2005.

2) With those systems there were other, free means to transfer saves. When I say free I mean, no subscription fee like PS+ or Live Gold is required to transfer saves.

This is such a pathetic attempt to defend the indefensible that it must be a joke.

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I've hated save file control for years now. The 360 did it well (I don't care about cloud saves) by allowing memory cards for it. PS4 is the only one this gen. You have no control over your save on Xbox One.

While I understand all the controls they have regarding the games these days, I still say I should be able to transfer and carry my save files any way I like.

Branovices

Oct 15, 2008
It's strange to me that no one in this thread has pointed out that cloud saves aren't super important when you can just... you know... take the whole system with you. Since that is the entire point of the product.

Orga777

Jan 2, 2008
Branovices said:
It's strange to me that no one in this thread has pointed out that cloud saves aren't super important when you can just... you know... take the whole system with you. Since that is the entire point of the product.
And if it breaks all that hard work is gone. Forever. With no way to get it back. :/