Nintendo + ?

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
The Team Ninja/Nintendo collaboration on Metroid Other M was a huge announcement at E3. This led me to thinking, what developers would you like to see collaborate with Nintendo on a classic franchise, and which franchise would it be?

Personally, I'd go with the obvious Square Enix and Nintendo on Mario RPG 2.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
I'd like to see Ubisoft work with Nintendo on a Zelda game. A more Prince of Persia: SoT-style Link would be awesome. Especially with a bit of a darker story.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Krakyn said:
I'd like to see Ubisoft work with Nintendo on a Zelda game. A more Prince of Persia: SoT-style Link would be awesome. Especially with a bit of a darker story.
I agree with a Sands of Time-style Link but... why a darker story?

asinann

Apr 28, 2008
Freakout456 said:
DrDeath3191 said:
Personally, I'd go with the obvious Square Enix and Nintendo on Mario RPG 2.
I can't agree with you more but sadly it will never happen.
Except that the original was a collaboration between Square and Nintendo.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
quack35 said:
Krakyn said:
I guess I just don't really want a kiddy game that much anymore. I guess I just want more adult themes. More brutality from the villain, more depth to link, more believable setting (when a kingdom is under siege, everybody's not just hiding out until it's over...people are dying, houses are burning, there's carnage everywhere).

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
apsham said:
An open world Bethesda RPG set in the Mushroom Kingdom.

I started out this post as a joke and then decided that I would actually kill any last one of you to make this happen. Although I can't figure out a situation where I would have to.
There can only be one?

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
apsham said:

I started out this post as a joke and then decided that I would actually kill any last one of you to make this happen. Although I can't figure out a situation where I would have to.
Yes!! That would be sick. Also I would too

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
apsham said:

Would you be able to kill children in this one? If so, I'm all for it.

quack35

Sep 1, 2008
Krakyn said:
quack35 said:
Krakyn said:
I guess I just don't really want a kiddy game that much anymore. I guess I just want more adult themes. More brutality from the villain, more depth to link, more believable setting (when a kingdom is under siege, everybody's not just hiding out until it's over...people are dying, houses are burning, there's carnage everywhere).
I see what you mean, but I don't really think Zelda needs to be all grim and death everywhere.

ad3m1

Sep 9, 2008
quack35 said:
Krakyn said:
Wouldn't really be zelda then... it would be the prince of persia dressed up as link. Gotta say its a pretty bad idea. Other M makes a little more sense.

Bungie actually pitched an idea at nintendo for a new zelda game that intrigued me. No it wasn't Master Chief styled link -_-. Mixing game companies doesn't mean they need to be halo or p.o.p.-esque. It was just the idea of Link being more experienced. Maybe a sequal to a game, so he knew how to utilize his arsenal of items/weapons instead of being new to the concept of being the hero of time.

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
quack35 said:
Krakyn said:
quack35 said:
Krakyn said:
I see what you mean, but I don't really think Zelda needs to be all grim and death everywhere.
It doesn't, and it never will be.

I'd love to see Rare make another Jet Force Gemini for Wii, but that will never happen. :(

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Krakyn said:
quack35 said:
Krakyn said:
Have you seen Majora's Mask?

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
AmrasCalmacil said:
Krakyn said:
quack35 said:
Krakyn said:
Have you seen Majora's Mask?
I actually couldn't afford the game with the expansion pack and stuff when my N64 was in commission, so no. I think I was only like...12.

Knonsense

Oct 22, 2008
Maybe Firaxis and Nintendo? Make some kind of 4X turn based strategy game pitting peoples from every IP against each other in a Super Smash Bros. esque crossover? Actually, from what I've seen of Stardock, they might also work here.

Like, we could have the Mushroom Kingdom vs. Koopas vs. Hyrule vs. Space Pirates vs. whatever other factions fit here. A hero system would obviously be good here.

Unfortunately, I don't think that this would be easy to implement for any Nintendo platorm. And there's also the fact that it's a horrible idea.

gunbladejoe

Jun 4, 2008
yeah I dunno. I just think nintendo should make something new and let all the other old caracters to rot in the super smash bros franchise. but then again. I'am a zelda fan so in my eyes link would have to stay in with the new nintendo stuff. but thats just me.