Nintendo's Wii U Showcase is Too Cool For a Press Conference

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
AzrealMaximillion said:
Casual Shinji said:
You know, I wouldn't mind E3 press conferences going away all together.

Cringe worthy events, I say. Just release the trailers and have that be it.
Makes too much money from ticket sales. Hotels love it too. E3 has become useless though, but there should be a big gaming only event. I think it should be more like FanExpo or Comic Con, but focused on games. Have the developers in a panel that can be interacted with by the crowd. That's the problem with E3, the executives of the big 3 don't ever have to answer to the consumers, and are really only there to talk to investors. I'd make more sense to get some opinions from actual customers.
Yeah, I know they also need an event to like get face to face with the audience, so as not to appear to be a faceless corparation, which ofcourse they are. But these executives and developers just really aren't showmen.

A panel would be way better.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Cool I suppose good to see they have a handle on things though I only really care about smash bros. I already own 3 mario kart games and plenty of mario games so those are a pass.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
TheKasp said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Casual Shinji said:
You know, I wouldn't mind E3 press conferences going away all together.

Cringe worthy events, I say. Just release the trailers and have that be it.
Makes too much money from ticket sales. Hotels love it too. E3 has become useless though, but there should be a big gaming only event. I think it should be more like FanExpo or Comic Con, but focused on games. Have the developers in a panel that can be interacted with by the crowd. That's the problem with E3, the executives of the big 3 don't ever have to answer to the consumers, and are really only there to talk to investors. I'd make more sense to get some opinions from actual customers.
You mean something like the GamesCom, where that already happens and where many companies take their big reveals to?
Never heard of it but it sounds interesting, unfortunately not on the continent where I live :(