No 4K Blu-Ray Support for PS4 Pro

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Not that I'm into 4k nor do I have any interest in the unit but having owned previous Playstations ....wasn't this part of the huge draw to their devices?

PS1 was a games player and a CD player, finally kids had their own CD player and could play with some music.
PS2 had a freaking DVD player so now teens could enjoy some movies since the players were so pricey.
PS3 had a FREAKING Bluray player which was amazing considering how expensive they were at the time, I bought a PS3 for my dad during xmas because it was so cheap and he still uses a PS3 today for blurays.

Compare it to the competition at their times, N64 was cart, so just games, Dreamcast used GDROms so it couldn't do DVDs, GC was mini-GC discs so again just for games, xbox required a remote to use it's DVD functionality, 360 had to have a pricey accessory plugged into it to play HD-DVDs, Wii didn't even try, nor did the WiiU.

Soo....they're trying to push this 4K format and I imagine sony wants their 4k TVs and blurays to get some love but ...they cut it out despite YEARS of their devices being used as a media center and it absolutely being a selling point to many because of the bang for their buck and overall usefulness?

I'm lost how they're missing the legacy of devices that came before it.

Tassit

May 16, 2013
Wait, wait, wait.. I think I missed something here, no blue ray and 4k only on streaming? What exactly is the incentive for buying this..?