No Built-in VOIP For Star Wars: Battlefront PC

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
And this is what they want people to pay $60 and then another $50 for?

In fact, if EA's drones are reading comment sections to try and gauge the public response...

Dear EA.

Go fuck yourselves with a rusty old rake you unmitigated bellends.

Sincerely.
Most thinking human beings.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Creator002 said:
To be honest, I don't think this will affect PC users. From my experience with both BF3 and 4, hardly anyone uses it over the text chat.
Agreed, because on PC at least all the decent servers have their own Teamspeak channels that are pretty integral to each server's community. So for PC this isn't really an issue although the total lack of server browser and small group sizes could make it an issue.

For console, eh, nothing of value is missing, I've played plenty of Halo and CoD on 360 and the only thing I ever did with VOIP was mute it.

*EDIT: I don't know why the first word of the post was 'no,' that made no sense at all.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
Creator002 said:
To be honest, I don't think this will affect PC users. From my experience with both BF3 and 4, hardly anyone uses it over the text chat.
Agreed, because on PC at least all the decent servers have their own Teamspeak channels that are pretty integral to each server's community. So for PC this isn't really an issue although the total lack of server browser and small group sizes could make it an issue.

For console, eh, nothing of value is missing, I've played plenty of Halo and CoD on 360 and the only thing I ever did with VOIP was mute it.

*EDIT: I don't know why the first word of the post was 'no,' that made no sense at all.
The issue here is that there are no dedicated servers to have communities around and to have premade Teamspeak channels. Because of that, this can't really work out.

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
Can I just say:

Splatoon was ripped to pieces by "real gamers" because it didn't have voice chat.

They said "real" games that big boiz play have voice chat.

Then its announced that Battlefront won't have it.

WHAT NOW PUNKS?

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
Daelin Dwin said:
Squilookle said:
For everyone who thinks the upcoming Battlefront is their last hope...

No.

The fact this game never got a decent sequel after 10 years is still a mystery for the ages.
It needs no sequel. It still holds up 10 years down the line.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Daelin Dwin said:
Squilookle said:
For everyone who thinks the upcoming Battlefront is their last hope...

No.

The fact this game never got a decent sequel after 10 years is still a mystery for the ages.
Well remember- it almost got a decent sequel.
Almost