"No! Don't get the flag!" But, that's the objective, "NOOOOO!"

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Grr, I hate it so much when im playing a game like MW2, trying to do what the objective of the game is. When all of a sudden im told not to.

It just happened to me, I was playing...MW2 and I was just about to set a charge on an objective (I was playing demolition)when all of a sudden some little kid, id say 11, maybe 12, screams into the mic , "NOOOOOOOOO!" in a manner that would make Darth Vader jealous. Next thing he says is, "Don't plant the bomb you idiot! Im trying to get a nuke!"
WHAT!
You have got to be kidding me! Just because you want a kill streak, doesn't mean im going to stop from doing what we are instructed to do! Then, some one probably 18 yells out, "Hey jackass, your such a noob for planting the damn bomb!" Followed up by the kid saying, "Yeah! You should go kill yourself!"
The irony here is that I won us the game by just one second.

So, has this ever happened to you on, well, any game that has multiplayer? Where your trying to so what the task says, then someone else tells you not to?

Davrel

Jan 31, 2010
And this is why achievements and ranks are a bad idea.

/thread

OT: You get a lot of crap like that in WoW with people trying to do achievements (ie doing a boss event incorrectly for the sake of arbitrary points) when all you want to do is kill the guy, loot and move on.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
One time on The Conduit, I was playing Capture the Flag. I was getting the flag. My team camped my flag.
Needless to say, I'm not playing anymore CTF in any game again.

Apr 28, 2008
Happened to me in MW2 once as well.

I planted the bomb, and everyone was like "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

I replied, "What I'm supposed to be doing."

They said, "Your a moron. Get out of the game if your going to be a fag you retard."

Yeah, I stayed, and played how I was supposed to.

If you want to kill people, play team deathmatch. And fuck your nuke.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
your playing MW2, what do you expect?
This happens in about any game with achievements or the like, although I haven't noticed it in BC2 yet...

Apr 28, 2008
j0z said:
This happens in about any game with achievements or the like, although I haven't noticed it in BC2 yet...
Thats because DICE was smart enough to not include any specific multiplayer achievements.
Only things like "blow up 1000 walls" and "kill 5 people with every pistol" and a few more for ranking up and getting ribbons.

Although lots of people seem to like sniping on offence on Rush.

You can't win the game if you sit on your asses sniping all the time

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
This happens a lot in PVP with a lot of MMOs. Instead of trying to beat the battleground and win people just opt to kill each other.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
Irridium said:
j0z said:
Thats because DICE was smart enough to not include any specific multiplayer achievements.
Only things like "blow up 1000 walls" and "kill 5 people with every pistol" and a few more for ranking up and getting ribbons.

That is my #1 complaint. Snipers might rack up some kills for themselves, but on offense they don't do much to actually help their team win. especially when it is Rush, and defenders have unlimited reinforcements.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
That goddamn nuke should NOT be allowed in objective based games.

What a completely stupid addition to the game.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
I only play Team Deathmatch, I stopped playing Hardcore team Deathmatch because

1: The Respawn timer is made to infuriate me.
2: All people do is sit in bushes and Snipe. Twats.

I dont play objective based Gametypes because i like the idea of Killing the other team to win, Not getting to .

Bob_Marley42

Apr 8, 2009
Indeed - because it doesn't have a kill limit people just love CTF/HQ/etc for grinding ranks and achievements. If you actually go out and do the objective you're ruining thier progress.

Its wierd. Why do people think they can only have fun once they're top rank/full unlock/etc?

Apr 28, 2008
j0z said:
Irridium said:
j0z said:

That is my #1 complaint. Snipers might rack up some kills for themselves, but on offense they don't do much to actually help their team win. especially when it is Rush, and defenders have unlimited reinforcements.
Agreed.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if all the snipers kept everyone on the other team at bay. If I have 10 snipers on my team. I expect every enemy to be dead, and me just able to walk in and plant the bomb, then do my thing while the snipers watch the bomb.

Sadly that isn't the case, and its a problem.

Omegatronacles

Guardian Of Forever
Oct 15, 2009
Irridium said:
j0z said:

This doesn't worry me so much, it just means more points for me when I plant and explode the MCOM stations.

What shits me are when I'm defending on Rush and every single one of my teammates go to camp the attacking teams spawn point. That is not defending, that is being an ass, and when someone slips past, and they will, none of them are in any position to help defuse the damned thing./rant

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Bob_Marley42 said:
Indeed - because it doesn't have a kill limit people just love CTF/HQ/etc for grinding ranks and achievements. If you actually go out and do the objective you're ruining thier progress.

Its wierd. Why do people think they can only have fun once they're top rank/full unlock/etc?
Because it gives them a sense of accomplishment when really it's just a badge saying,

"Hey look at me! I just ruined my life!"
I just hate it when people brag about getting a certain achievement. Like it makes them god and everyone else who doesn't have one peasants.

Sep 13, 2009
It's really annoying when those people are around... Although, when it's a consensus between everyone (or the majority) to turn a game of Guardian on GoW 2 into a full on team death match, that's where the fun starts.

Ziadaine_v1legacy

Flamboyant Homosexual
Apr 11, 2009
Stuff them, at least your trying to do the objective. On CoD2 CTF NO ONE goes for the flag besides the people who are obvious to the game type. Then they complain we Admins should change it to TDM.
A) No because TDM on a 64 Player server will end too fast, especially with some of our skilled players.

B)Our ranking system is based around CTF so we cant change it.

C) its called [Name] CTF Server w/in-game Stats! Not TDM.

Apr 28, 2008
Altheus_Necron said:
Irridium said:
j0z said:

This doesn't worry me so much, it just means more points for me when I plant and explode the MCOM stations.

What shits me are when I'm defending on Rush and every single one of my teammates go to camp the attacking teams spawn point. That is not defending, that is being an ass, and when someone slips past, and they will, none of them are in any position to help defuse the damned thing./rant
Yeah, thats a ***** to deal with as well.
On some maps its better than others though.

barinelg

Apr 9, 2010
Supposably the reason they say not to plant the bomb at any point except near the end of the match or during sudden death is because if you wait that long, you get a huge match bonus (like 6000 points). So if you get 30 kills + 6000 match bonus + awards, you can get a metric ton of points towards leveling.

I'm not defending them on that. Obviously the point is to do the objective, but that's the reasoning I heard behind it, which came from my roommates. I quit playing that game in December.