No export for you, gaijin!

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The only one I can think of at the moment (I may edit this later) are Custom Robo and Ultimate Muscule for the Gamecube. I know it did came out for the US but not in the UK.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ikaruga33 said:
Worgen said:
An anime called nichijou, it will never get a release here despite being amazing. Apparently it flopped pretty hard in japan. You can find it on streaming sites but I want a nice dvd collection of it.
http://www.madman.com.au/series/home/16590/nichijou-my-ordinary-life
You know you can get it on DVD right.
Yeah, but it will never get a dub official release here.

Ikaruga33

Apr 10, 2011
Worgen said:
Ikaruga33 said:
Worgen said:
An anime called nichijou, it will never get a release here despite being amazing. Apparently it flopped pretty hard in japan. You can find it on streaming sites but I want a nice dvd collection of it.
http://www.madman.com.au/series/home/16590/nichijou-my-ordinary-life
You know you can get it on DVD right.
Yeah, but it will never get a dub official release here.
If they can't afford decent actors for the dub, then it probably wouldn't even be worth doing one.

In all fairness though, the fandub is actually alright
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d14EMzgBC48&index=20&list=UUn0QjUmzQz0J1wv9xHBybow
Shame about the video quality though

Black Reaper

Aug 19, 2011
Tales of Vesperia Ps3

The 360 version of the game was localized, but an even better version came out for the Ps3 a year later, and is still the best Tales game despite coming out 5 years ago, but it was never localized

I got the Japanese version a few moths ago since the new stuff looked amazing, and it is, i'm glad i got it
While i have memorized a bunch of stuff, it's annoying having to check a Japanese guide every time i find something i don't understand, and many people(myself included) didn't get it because of the language barrier

Which sucks, because like i said, it's really good
immortalfrieza said:
Quite a few Tales games have yet to get a release in the west or the ones they do release are obvious half assed cash ins. Most recently Tales of Hearts R is getting a release, but Namco seems to be going out of their way to make it fail. They not only put it on PS Vita, which as a poorly selling handheld is already the kiss of death for the sales of the game, but they refuse to bother to put in voice acting, something Namco is more than capable of doing, even doing cheaply. I hear they're going to do the same thing with Tales of Innocence too. I don't know about everybody else but I'd much rather have nothing than something half assed, the first experience is the most important and thus a half assed work is going to taint one's opinion of it, even if they go and release an improved version later.
And yet it has been praised as being one of the best Tales gameplay-wise alongside Innocence R(Vesperia being the best)
Your loss

drednoahl

Nov 23, 2011
Marter said:
There have been some movies I've wanted to see that I had to import. Most recently, a small film called Happy Now. I've got about a dozen or so imports that never got a North American release.
Viewster has loads of obscure movies and stuff (even anime.) It's ad supported only atm (so doesn't cost anything,) but I'm not in the US so don't know if it has the same content for you guys in the states.

http://www.viewster.com/

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Pokemon Soundtracks (and most Japanse game soundtracks in general). It wasn't until 2013 that they brought them stateside and, even then, there aren't any hard copies. I have to import to get these and soundtracks for anime and JRPGs.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Black Reaper said:
And yet it has been praised as being one of the best Tales gameplay-wise alongside Innocence R(Vesperia being the best)
Your loss
All the great gameplay in the world won't make up for a terrible story, and not having native voice acting or worse Japanse voice acting will make even the best stories decent at best. Voice acting makes a very, VERY big difference in video games, possibly one of the biggest differences. The point of Tales games has never been the gameplay anyway, it's the story and character interactions that stick with you, and terrible voice acting handicaps that a great deal.

I don't consider it a loss to avoid something that's obviously going to be a bad experience, any more than anyone would consider it a loss to never get the flu.