No Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3 News at E3, Says Square

Jun 11, 2008
Come on give the 2 guys working on this a break. I think they're probably just finished decomposing at this point after SqeEnix not feeding them for so long.

panosbouk

Feb 28, 2011
Unfortunately I think FFXV will take around 2 more years to be released. You do not simply change your engine and copy paste things and it is done. I am pretty sure they started from scratch.

It has taken already the reputation of Duke Nukem:Forever as its development cycle and I fear It will get the same reception. Lets say the gameplay is good, will it be for the old standards when they had the idea for the game? Or it will meet today's-futures standards?

I was hopping for this years E3 a release date announcement. So yeah 2 more years it is.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Square is quickly becoming like Valve. "We're working on it. No, you can't see it. No, we can't give you a release date. No, we don't have any news about it. But trust us, it's coming."
Well, at least their willing to talk about their franchises, even if it is to say that they have nothing to talk about or show. But I honestly don't understand why they keep doing this with two of the franchises that turned them into a big game company. People are going to start losing interest if this keeps up.

TWEWYFan

Mar 22, 2012
Sniper Team 4 said:
Square is quickly becoming like Valve. "We're working on it. No, you can't see it. No, we can't give you a release date. No, we don't have any news about it. But trust us, it's coming."
Well, at least their willing to talk about their franchises, even if it is to say that they have nothing to talk about or show. But I honestly don't understand why they keep doing this with two of the franchises that turned them into a big game company. People are going to start losing interest if this keeps up.
Tool late. ;_;
Kingdom Hearts is probably one of my favorite game series of all time and while I haven't personally finished any of the Final Fantasy games I still admire them for what they are. Well, for the most part anyway *cough* Final Fantasy XIII sequels *cough*. At this point though, I have honestly stopped caring about these games. I'm not sure who at Square Enix decided that constant delays and side projects were the way to go but it's taken it's toll. Don't get me wrong, I'll almost certainly play them when they come out, I'll probably even like them, but for now news like this doesn't really upset me or get me pumped. I just sigh and go on with my day.

Well, that and write comments apparently.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
TWEWYFan said:
Sniper Team 4 said:
Tool late. ;_;
Kingdom Hearts is probably one of my favorite game series of all time and while I haven't personally finished any of the Final Fantasy games I still admire them for what they are. Well, for the most part anyway *cough* Final Fantasy XIII sequels *cough*. At this point though, I have honestly stopped caring about these games. I'm not sure who at Square Enix decided that constant delays and side projects were the way to go but it's taken it's toll. Don't get me wrong, I'll almost certainly play them when they come out, I'll probably even like them, but for now news like this doesn't really upset me or get me pumped. I just sigh and go on with my day.

Well, that and write comments apparently.
Comments for the win baby!

I feel your pain. There was a time when, like you, I used to get pumped whenever Square flashed the Final Fantasy name, or Kingdom Hearts. But then they started throwing more and more Kingdom Hearts spin offs out until it pretty much killed my interest in the series. And Final Fantasy is going so long between releases now that I just sigh and go, "That's nice I guess." I haven't quite reached the level of apathy for them that I have with Valve, but I'm getting there.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
I agree with everything you and the person you quoted said. Square has completely burned through all of the goodwill I had for them. I remember being excited for their games and I genuinely miss that level of engagement, but they lost xenogears, abandoned chrono cross, and milked the crap out of both kingdom hearts and final fantasy until we all stopped caring while still not giving the US the international or final mix versions on the systems they were made for.

I think Kingdom Hearts is the biggest shame, as I would have killed to have KH3 in the last days of the PS2. All of the handheld spin-offs only cheapened the franchise and showed where their real priorities were (they completely missed out on a full generation by skipping a release for the PS3). Square hasn't actually done anything good in-house in almost a decade, so another year or so of waiting for them to try and get it right again is only going to hurt them. At this rate they are going to crash and get bought up by either EA, Activision, Sony, or Nintendo.

No, I'm not bitter because I won't be getting a console this generation and will have to miss out, and I totally almost forgave Square for all those International Editions that never saw a release in the US. Stop looking at me like that :p

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I should have seen this coming, I really should have. It's gotten to the point where I'm actually surprised if they do show something of FFXV or KH3 at E3. Honestly, I'm not sure who at SE decided that releasing next to no information on these games for quite a while was a good thing but it's clear that they need a new PR guy.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
Difference between Square and Valve is that Valve has always been that way. Getting Half Life 2 out the door took a hell of a long time too, but they were promising something revolutionary and actually delivered.

Square on the other hand used to have a steady release cycle, they could churn out Final Fantasy's every two years along with numerous other titles. More primitive technology made it simpler, but still. Seems like they got it in their head that like Valve they're next FF should be 'revolutionary'... except they failed utterly at it, and pretty much an entire console generation, the longest one ever, was deprived of the usual good to great selection of JRPG's.

Looking at their PS3/360 console JRPG releases from Square-Enix, we have... Star Ocean: The Last Hope, FFXIII and it's two spinoffs, Nier, and FFXIV. That's it?! I look at my collection of PS1 and PS2 JRPG's and it makes me want to cry.

She-Pudding

Grand Poo-Bah of Tittles
Apr 29, 2014
You know, when I was in high school, I said I'd be 20 years old by the time KH3 came out... oh.

Frick,man. This is all my fault...

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
I'm just hoping that FFXV is getting rebuilt after finally realizing that Motomu Toriyama was trying to run the franchise into the dirt. ... it's unlikely, I know, but I can dream.

TitanAura

Jun 30, 2011
BREAKING NEWS: SquareEnix PR Department Still Shit

Seriously Square, replace everyone who works in your PR and Legal departments. These are the same people who insist EVERY YEAR that people NOT take pictures of your booths at every event. How precisely do you expect word of mouth to get passed around if you crush every spark of interest at every turn?