No Man's Sky Day One Patch Will Bring Big Changes, Early Players Advised to Delete Saves

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Strazdas said:
unless you dont have internet, so you dont get the patch. Also there were some PS4 copies that delivered early accidentally, so there are release copies out there.
I didn't think of that, yeah. It's what makes the practice of release day patching awkward and questionable. Though I thought you had to be online to play NMS. Apparently not?

Still, I stand by my view that a game should only be judged on release day and not by a leaked, bootleg copy. Though what you mentioned does raise the question; should game reviewers review their games when they're online or offline? What would be reasonable?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
Strazdas said:
unless you dont have internet, so you dont get the patch. Also there were some PS4 copies that delivered early accidentally, so there are release copies out there.
I didn't think of that, yeah. It's what makes the practice of release day patching awkward and questionable. Though I thought you had to be online to play NMS. Apparently not?

Still, I stand by my view that a game should only be judged on release day and not by a leaked, bootleg copy. Though what you mentioned does raise the question; should game reviewers review their games when they're online or offline? What would be reasonable?
Well the people currently playing did so without the patch, so apperently not.

I do agree that release day copy is the one that should be judged, however given how bad they were with review copies the leaked copy is more of a confirmation of expectation.

I think if a games core features require online connectivity then the reviewer should also utilize these because i believe reviewer should complete the game before writing a review.