No Man's Sky Delayed Three Days on PC

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
No Man's Sky Delayed Three Days on PC

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1338/1338409.jpgThe PC release date for No Man's Sky has been pushed back three days.

If you've been anxiously awaiting the release of No Man's Sky on PC, your wait just got a bit longer - three days longer, to be exact.

The delay was posted quietly, with the "About" page on the official website [http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/] being updated to reflect a launch date of August 12 for the PC version. The PS4 version is still slated for an August 9 release in North America.

If you've been on the fence about which version of the game you want, you'll be happy to hear that the PS4 version trailers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168026-No-Mans-Sky-Does-Not-Require-PlayStation-Plus] worth checking out if you want to see the game in action.

There's no word yet on what caused the three day delay, but it doesn't seem to be related to the possible patent dispute [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167988-Dutch-Company-Says-it-Owns-the-Patent-on-No-Mans-Skys-Procedural-Generation-Algorithm] that arose last week over the procedural generation formula in the game.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Oh Lord I can't wait to see how the fans react to this. Last delay got death threats.

ddrkreature

Jun 24, 2013
We've waited this long. I think we can wait 3 more days. Also, it gives pc players a chance to see reviews before committing to a day 1 purchase.

Feb 7, 2016
Well, that ruins my plans of at least playing it for a couple days before I go on vacation, but I guess I'll have to wait until I get back.
No biggie.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Still not sure what platform I'll be buying on. August 12th would've been my buy date anyway. That's payday.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
This is from PC gamer, right? They posted this yesterday... yet the release date has not changed on Steam as of yet.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
That's okay, the PC fans are sensible enough at least not to send death threats about it.
Right?
right??

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
ddrkreature said:
We've waited this long. I think we can wait 3 more days. Also, it gives pc players a chance to see reviews before committing to a day 1 purchase.
Indeed. This is annoying, but actually rather great news for my impulse buy issues. :p

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Baresark said:
This is from PC gamer, right? They posted this yesterday... yet the release date has not changed on Steam as of yet.
If you hit the link, you can see the updated release date on the official site.

jayzz911

Nov 9, 2010
Sadly unless they are planning to add multiplayer in those 3 days, I still won't be getting it. I don't think a game based solely around exploration is going to be very fun by myself for a long time.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
jayzz911 said:
Sadly unless they are planning to add multiplayer in those 3 days, I still won't be getting it. I don't think a game based solely around exploration is going to be very fun by myself for a long time.
Considering the last set of trailers had "Explore. Fight. Trade. Survive." as the tag line, it is pretty self explanatory that it isn't just an exploration game. Why are so many people having trouble with that concept?

At the moment it seems like a simplified version of Starbound X Elite Dangerous. Which sounds great if you are into Space Sims, but considering this is drawing people who might not be into those sort of things, I'm expecting to see at least some hatred for this game.

We already know a few flaws this game has, texture loading is very glitchy, which isn't going to be fixed because it is a tech issue. The space ships "feel floaty" which can be an issue for a lot of people, it means that the controls aren't as tight as they should be. There is other stuff but those were the 2 I was actually worried about.

But in terms of doing stuff and solo content, it is already how quite a lot of space sims are played. The framework appears to be quite solid and with the lack of player interactions in space, multiplayer feels unnecessary.

If you really couldn't do without, just play at the same time as friends and talk over Skype or whatever. Play together knowing that you are in the same galaxy (at least to begin with), talk and compare the different experiences you have. I think that would be really interesting.

jayzz911

Nov 9, 2010
Raioken18 said:
jayzz911 said:
Snip
No thanks, I just won't buy it. The game just doesn't appeal to me without a buddy to explore with. It's great that there's so many planets, but just like early starbound the varations at points will be minor, combat took a backseat because the game is exploration above anything else. And trading with the prospect of nothing other than exploring slightly different planets is just not very interesting to me.

We'll see the reviews in a little while but there is pretty much no chance of me buying this without a deep discount.

Eirreann

Still only counts as one.
Aug 17, 2013
ffronw said:
Baresark said:
If you hit the link, you can see the updated release date on the official site.
This wouldn't be the first time that their website has not communicated something clearly; I can't find anything about it any more, but I recall there being some confusion on their website's "About" page after E3 last year. Something about confusing the wording between "galaxy" and "universe," or something like that. I don't think I'll believe it until a) Sean Murray or some other dev speaks up or b) the Steam store page and/or the iam8bit.com Collector's Edition of the game's store page has its listed release date updated.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
I am on the fence with this game. So far the gameplay that I have seen is not really convincing. The ship moves in a very unnatural way, when you are outside it looks like a survival game, which are not my cup of tea. Honestly for space sim, I think there are better choices (Elite Dangerous comes to mind). Not a day one purchase for me, but I'll wait for the opinon of the community and with any luck I might try it at a friends house.
Besides that, three days does not seem a big deal.