No one buying $1 million Sarah Palin-signed Xbox 360

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
My mistake, but my point still stands, because the guy said that Palin makes really poor decisions.

The decision to put crosshairs on the map/diagram, has nothing to do with the situation. It wasn't a poor decision it was just fine. The liberals just don't know how to think and create real connections between things to make arguments. Because the liberals used her diagram as a connection between the two things, doesn't mean it was a poor decision, it means that 99.9% of the time, liberals can't make sound arguments and attacks, they have to make relations to things that conservatives do that has nothing to do with the situation and makes no sense, no facts used.
I understand, but considering that this case is a cry out for gun control, the libs are just pinning it on one of the bigger gun rights advocates out there. It's dirty politics, which happens on both sides by the way, but you can't say there is absolutely no link between a right-wing gun nut and a pyscho that shoots a democrat.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
TPiddy said:
Sonic Doctor said:
My mistake, but my point still stands, because the guy said that Palin makes really poor decisions.

The decision to put crosshairs on the map/diagram, has nothing to do with the situation. It wasn't a poor decision it was just fine. The liberals just don't know how to think and create real connections between things to make arguments. Because the liberals used her diagram as a connection between the two things, doesn't mean it was a poor decision, it means that 99.9% of the time, liberals can't make sound arguments and attacks, they have to make relations to things that conservatives do that has nothing to do with the situation and makes no sense, no facts used.
I understand, but considering that this case is a cry out for gun control, the libs are just pinning it on one of the bigger gun rights advocates out there. It's dirty politics, which happens on both sides by the way, but you can't say there is absolutely no link between a right-wing gun nut and a pyscho that shoots a democrat.
That is precisely what I am saying. There is no link. The only one at fault for the whole thing is the crazy guy that did the shooting. The only reason there would be a link is when people just want a link to be there.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
Alon Shechter said:
Why the FUCK is it worth a million dollars?
Nobody said it was, accept the guy that put it up for auction. As I have said before, he is greedy and doesn't know how to price things in the signature market. Not even a signature from John F. Kennedy would fetch anywhere near that price. His would only get your around $20,000, from a smart buyer who knows how much things are worth.

If he wanted to sucker someone out of money, a reasonable sucker price is $20,000, plus or minus a few thousand. A reasonable price in a collector market, would be around $2,000 to $5,000 range.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
That is precisely what I am saying. There is no link. The only one at fault for the whole thing is the crazy guy that did the shooting. The only reason there would be a link is when people just want a link to be there.
To be honest, I don't think the governor gets shot if Palin / others don't draw attention to her. Put all the blame on the mental case sure, but the idea, the inspiration to do it... came from without. He didn't just up and decide to shoot that exact person. Does that mean Palin is to blame? Of course not. People put ideas out there all time. Doesn't mean they should be listened to. But don't say there's no link.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
TPiddy said:
Sonic Doctor said:
To be honest, I don't think the governor gets shot if Palin / others don't draw attention to her. Put all the blame on the mental case sure, but the idea, the inspiration to do it... came from without. He didn't just up and decide to shoot that exact person. Does that mean Palin is to blame? Of course not. People put ideas out there all time. Doesn't mean they should be listened to. But don't say there's no link.
If you want to count illogical links, yes there is a link. But in my book, illogical things don't count.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
If you want to count illogical links, yes there is a link. But in my book, illogical things don't count.
Ok, so how about you logically explain to me why the gunman chose to do what he did to WHO he did it to?

razer17

Feb 3, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
I don't get all the hate for her. I'm not a U.S citizen, nor have I ever been there, so I certainly cannot make a call on the issue, but I've yet to hear anything bad about her - except a lot of hate, which seems to be for hate's sake. I'd love to figure out why this is so.

OT: Why anyone would pay for anything signed by anyone is beyond me. Oh look, it has lines on it... how nice.
She is a right wing nutcase. She said Julian Assenge should be hunted with the same ferocity as the hunt for the taliban or Al Queda. She is a hate mongerer. She teaches abstinence till marriage, yet her under age daughter got knocked up.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I'd rather destroy anything signed by Sarah Palin than buy it.

Pirate Kitty said:
I don't get all the hate for her. I'm not a U.S citizen, nor have I ever been there, so I certainly cannot make a call on the issue, but I've yet to hear anything bad about her - except a lot of hate, which seems to be for hate's sake. I'd love to figure out why this is so.

OT: Why anyone would pay for anything signed by anyone is beyond me. Oh look, it has lines on it... how nice.
Hmm, I think Australia would've aired footage from the 2008 election. Anyway, if you saw anything where Sarah Palin opened her mouth and spoke then you'd understand why there's so much hate. But yes, some people hate her just for the sake of hating something popular.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Because it would just break after one year LOLOLOLno.

It's the problem that no one is willing to dish out $1,000,000 for... anything, especially a console signed by some politician. It's outrageous, the price, I wouldn't even contemplate buying it if it were $1,000: or, 1/1000 of its original price.

Sonic Doctor

Jan 9, 2010
TPiddy said:
Sonic Doctor said:
Ok, so how about you logically explain to me why the gunman chose to do what he did to WHO he did it to?
As I can see you just want the last word, I won't explain any further, because you will just come back with something to make the argument a circular one.

Just type last word, or anything else, and I will know the argument is a stalemate. If you don't comment then I know I was right.

There is no point in me continuing, because I can't stand arguing in an infinite loop that gets nowhere.

Zechnophobe

Feb 4, 2010
Pirate Kitty said:

So, she's a politician who was running for vice President, and represents a very far right conservative. As Escapist is primarily Liberal (I have often wondered why that is) she tends to get a lot of hate. Going into the huge discussion of the two political parties in the US isn't really in the scope of a post like this, but there ya go.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Sonic Doctor said:
As I can see you just want the last word, I won't explain any further, because you will just come back with something to make the argument a circular one.

Just type last word, or anything else, and I will know the argument is a stalemate. If you don't comment then I know I was right.

There is no point in me continuing, because I can't stand arguing in an infinite loop that gets nowhere.
No, I don't want the last word, I want you to validate your point. I agree that the link to Sarah Palin is unfair, but when someone commits an illogical act like this, the only solution then becomes an illogical one.

Evidence clearly shows this man was an extremist, who wouldn't fit comfortably in either political paradigm, and it could be that the congresswoman was attacked simply because she was the most accessible to him. Palin's 20 person 'hit list' of members of congress the right wanted out of power could have been just a pure coincidence. Still, the link remains, unfairly so, out of Palin's naivety as she chose the wrong way to conduct her politics and make her opinions felt.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Scde2 said:
If no one is buying it, then it isn't worth $1 million is it?
Still got 9 days or so left. Guess we will have to wait and see. Don't underestimate human stupidity.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
iLikeHippos said:
Wow, that is really.... Unpersonal, expensive and completely uninteresting. What's next? She planning to sell ice to Iceland, with the ice being signed with her name, making the price go up 1 mil each cube?

N#### please.
Did you even read? The only part she has in this is that she signed it when he gave it to her to do so. She isn't the one selling it.

Read before commenting.
Minor detail since nothing's really happening. All in all, it'd be hard to top that shitty deal.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Sonic Doctor said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
Sonic Doctor said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
she did not knoe that Africa is a continent. I'm sorry but a person in a position of power should know what the continents of the world are. I mean for Christ's sake their's only 6.
Definitely something taken out of context, she knows that Africa is a continent. But of course to liberals, jokes or slips of the tongue that people make by accident count as facts against a person's intelligence.

Besides, there are 7 continents. I thought I might correct your mistake.
First of all, I count 6 continents because no one really counts Antartica as a continent due to it not having a permenant human population.

*snip*(Second part is still out of context and unfounded)
Bull-crap Antarctica(this is how it is spelled, a simple right click fixes misspellings) isn't a continent. Calling something a continent has jack to do with population, it has to do with land mass.

And "no one really counts Antarctica", is a generalization. Try using it on a school paper and see what grade you get. Generalizations aren't fact, they prove nothing. For purposes of this comment, I sent out a few texts to people and talked to people near me. Guess what, all of them said 7 continents. So your "no one" is really only some people don't count Antarctica, people that don't know how a continent is determined to be a continent. Again, population has nothing to do with it.
Dude, if I said that there was 6 continents on the planet instead of 7 in school, I'd still get full marks. Here's why.

In Europe (and a lot of other parts of the world that aren't North America), students are taught that there are 6 continents because they count N.& S. America as one.

In a lot of places students are taught that they can optionally name Antartica as a continent on tests. It's like how technically we should be calling Austrailia a part of Oceania as to encompass Micronesia, and Polynesia and whatnot. It's they way it's taught. That's why it's not wrong. Nice try though.