No Pokemon games after Black and White 2

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
I was all prepared to go into paragraphs explaining how pokemon has remained one of the highest quality game franchises for its great art direction, easy-to-learn difficult-to-master intricate gameplay and stat systems, as well as the fact that as long as a franchise makes money, nintendo tends not to abandon it completely, supplemented by the fact that pokemon remains one of their best sellers, but...

ahhhh, you got me.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Shawn MacDonald said:
I think you're missing the point of Pokemon... the story is shit and it's basically the same game as it was in 1998, nobody likes it for having a good story or being innovative. It's just mindless addictive fun. Also stealth rock and triple battles are the worst things ever. Fuckers made some of my favourite pokemon useless.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
I don't even like pokemon that much anymore, but I was genuinely shocked at the title. Losing it would be like losing a part of my childhood.

Tanis said:
I wish Nintendo would give the Pokemon franchise to the MegaTen Team.

Not saying it needs to be a 'dark and gritty' but I'm betting that the folks over at Atlus could do a better Pokemon game for consoles than any of the crap that's been put out.

I mean, lets face it, MegaTen pretty much STATED the whole 'battle/bribe monster so it'll fight for/with you' system.
Modern day Atlus would just put Pokemon in a high school setting and give you waifus.

...And then they'd make 4 ports of it and focus on that series only.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Shawn MacDonald said:
Rid your team of Pokes that have a ton of rock type weaknesses.
That's kind of the problem. The whole idea is you pick which ones you like best, almost all of them can do reasonably well with the right build but that one move makes fire, ice and flying pokemon more or less useless. It's better than it was in gen 4 at least but still, entry hazards are the worst thing to happen to the game.

Tanis said:
I wish Nintendo would give the Pokemon franchise to the MegaTen Team.
Another Megaten game wouldn't go amiss but I kind of like having a choice between nice and easy Pokemon and sadistic Megaten :)