No Right Answer: 90's Cartoon Most Deserving a Reboot

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
90's Cartoon Most Deserving a Reboot

With Hollywood officially run out of new ideas, it's time to mine the past for reboot material. Which 90's cartoon should move to the front of the line?

Watch Video

Rituro

Critwrencha
Sep 18, 2008
Obviously, ReBoot deserves a reboot. It's in the frakkin' name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot

chaos order

Jan 27, 2010
Rituro said:
Obviously, Reboot deserves a reboot. It's in the frakkin' name.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot
DAMN It NINJA!

But yea Reboot is probably one of the best show ever.

I mean cmon!

Rogjah

Dec 5, 2012
Definitely love me some Reboot. It had a good run though.

If we want to capitalize on the popularity of cats, I'd go with Samurai Pizza Cats.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
Reboot was fantastic.

Gargoyles is one of my favourites. Ever. It was a huge part of my childhood. I would walk around on my toes everywhere like a gargoyle. I drew myself as a gargoyle. I idolised Elisa. And her halloween costume as Belle? Best thing ever.

Xanatos was a brilliant character. He was good, he was bad, he did everything for a reason you could actually relate to. He was complicated and I adored him.

TheLazyGeek

Nov 7, 2009
Yeah ReBoot at least ended on a good note. What needs a reboot however is Pirates of Dark Water. They never finished the show and, for what it's worth, the story was great and the animation was great and it was great and fun and I don't know they canned it and it makes me sad because now this run-on sentence is a bit silly.

IndomitableSam

Sep 6, 2011
Oh, come on. No question. Gargoyles. Love that show. Still love it. Watched it all through again a year or so ago.

Sorry, any answer other than Gargoyles is wrong. Very, very wrong.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Heh I was thinking of Gargoyles when I read this week episode title and I'm glad it won.

Sure I like Swat Kat but I'm pretty sure that if it had gotten a reboot it would had appeal that other demographics on the web (ok that isn't far to say as antro shows are great to watch on their own right like the new Thundercats).

Beside Gargoyles had a larger mytho due to its medieval fantasy magic and aswell with future like tech (how awesome did that rich guy did by taking that historic castle and put it right on top of his skyscrapper?).

Also is season 3 is the one where the rich vilain guy became good somehow which the Gargoyles forgave him and went back to living the castle again?

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
TheLazyGeek said:
Yeah ReBoot at least ended on a good note. What needs a reboot however is Pirates of Dark Water. They never finished the show and, for what it's worth, the story was great and the animation was great and it was great and fun and I don't know they canned it and it makes me sad because now this run-on sentence is a bit silly.
I loved that show! And I still have the snes game on my shelf, I can see the box. Never got through it, as saving your game wasn't a thing then. I should try again one day.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Kyayle wins, like usually and I'm gladder than i usually would be.
"cats is brainless" - Keyle

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Sorry, Chris, but I've gotta go with the Gargoyles reboot vote. I approved of this when Moviebob mentioned it in his Top 5 Reboot potentials episode on The Big Picture and I approve of it today. Gargoyles was a fantastic show coming from the 90s. A dark Disney cartoon that had great characters, intriguing story lines, and excellent topics woven into a sci-fi/fantasy setting. This is something that needs to happen like yesterday. Hell, they need to bring out a collectors DVD/Blu-ray set of all three seasons with bonus material as well. Make is so, Disney!

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Would S
TheLazyGeek said:
YESSSS! Pirates of Dark Water was AMAZING. So under appreciated.

Back to the video, Gargoyles definitely deserved the win here. SWAT Kats I think would lose a bit in the time shift. It had so much EXTREMEness to it, it was just a quintessentially '90's show. Gargoyles is more timeless. Kyle described it perfectly. Batman: TAS meets TMNT, but the tone was definitely more Batman.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
You can't not reboot the trope namer for Xanatos Gambit.

Besides unlike some other franchise maybe this is dying fora Christopher Nolan film =D Think how much he would do with a villain whose not only a move ahead of you, but has already played the entire game in his head and is taking the prize before the good guys even sit down to the table. It would be like Inception crossed with The Dark Knight crossed with animate stone gargoyles. Forget the Joker, Xanatos would make him look like an absolute clown. There can be no wrong

Donojosh

Aug 24, 2010
Good god they were so many cool 90's show. For me it would be DragonFlyz I freakin' loved that show.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Marina Sirtis/Troy was actually Demona, the evil-ish gargoyle.

Swat Kats was insanely amazing. Gargoyles was awesome

Also, ReBoot and Pirates of Dark Water must go on!

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Well, this is a tough one at least.

BrotherRool said:
You can't not reboot the trope namer for Xanatos Gambit.

Besides unlike some other franchise maybe this is dying fora Christopher Nolan film =D Think how much he would do with a villain whose not only a move ahead of you, but has already played the entire game in his head and is taking the prize before the good guys even sit down to the table. It would be like Inception crossed with The Dark Knight crossed with animate stone gargoyles. Forget the Joker, Xanatos would make him look like an absolute clown. There can be no wrong
Pretty much this. Compared to pretty much any pop culture villain, Xanatos will win hands down. And he'll look good doing it, good enough that the heroes won't even want to come after him.