No Right Answer: Best Animated Disney Movie Ever

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
favorite is still lion king.

The only movie to come out with a life style to live by. Hakuna Matata!

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
It is a tie between Hercules, Aladdin and Robin hood with how ever gets second fights Mulan for 2nd then death match for 3rd and 4th.... btw

HOW WAS HERCULES NOT EVEN CONSIDERED?!?! It had James Woods and Danny Devito!!!

Jynthor

Mar 30, 2012
ciancon said:
And now to go watch loads of disney movies!!
I haven't watched a Disney movie since I was a kid, but after this I feel like reliving my childhood.
I must watch all the Disney movies!

Adon Cabre

Jun 14, 2012
cynicalsaint1 said:
Terminate421 said:
There is a distinct lack of Lion King in that choice.

How could you forget the Lion King?

It's like forgetting the ice-cream in an Ice Cream Sundae
Obviously they couldn't pick the Lion King because that one would win by default
The Lion King is all about Simba. Technically, his Dad is just as important, but Mufasa dies half way through the movie; thereafter, the picture revolves solely around Simba. The lioness Nala is just there to prop him up as are the other two stars, Timone and Pumba. The Lion King has only one complicated character -- Simba.

In Aladin, the main protagonist dreams of rising out of poverty; Jasmin is trying to get out of her "Cage", the palace; and Genie wants freedom from mystical bondage -- he is spontaneous because of his hope in freedom (Aladin's 3rd wish) while the other two are trying desperately to avoid their past. Aladin and Jasmin are calculating, but Genie just reacts, and that's why he's a perfect foil.

You don't get this in Simba.

(Wow, that's not bad. I just figured that out.)

ailurus

Aug 25, 2010
Hjalmar Fryklund said:
I wouldn't call it the best Disney movie I have seen, but nostalgia demands me to give mention to Aristocats. Watched it many times as a lil' boy. Real sweet one.
This. From the look of it, it isn't even on the shelf. I know there's a ton of Disney films, but still, I'm disappointed.

Gomithrus

Nov 2, 2009
I found the Road to El Dorado to be a fairly strong movie based on its musical numbers and a fun one to watch as well.

nondescript

Oct 2, 2009
Trishbot said:
misterprickly said:
Their both wrong... The Black Cauldron is the best AND it was the FIRST Disney movie to incorporate CGI.
GamemasterAnthony said:
Interesting thing to note: The third movie in the Aladdin series actually went back to the source material. Aladdin itself was based off one of the characters from the Arabian Knights tales...and they went back to it for the third movie by using Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves.

Now...I would have personally voted for the Black Cauldron myself for best animated Disney movie, but that's just me.
And here I thought I was the only one that adored The Black Cauldron.
Loved the book and movie. That's not CG anymore than the Dragon Lair games, though. Just animation in a game.

Lyvric

Nov 29, 2011
Lion king (Do I really need to explain why?) first pick
Mulan (amazing female character and story)
The third is hard. There's many, but I just don't remember a whole lot about them.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
It's Mulan.
It has a higher body count than any other Disney movie ever.
It's the best.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Terminate421 said:
There is a distinct lack of Lion King in that choice.

How could you forget the Lion King?

It's like forgetting the ice-cream in an Ice Cream Sundae

And forgetting about Winnie The Pooh (THE OLD OR NEW ONE) is like forgetting the chocolate sauce.
I cried in the Lion King, but the sequels were bad.

pirate_werewolf

Oct 26, 2010
Gomithrus said:
I found the Road to El Dorado to be a fairly strong movie based on its musical numbers and a fun one to watch as well.
That was Dreamworks, not Disney.

@ Thread: My personal fave is Beauty and the Beast with Lion King as a close second. I'm surprised they didn't bring up that like in many other Disney movies, Aladdin and Jasmine get engaged about 3 days after they met (though to be fair, they get married significantly later), while Belle and Beast's relationship is allowed to grow over a much larger and more realistic span of time.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Think this is the first time I've agreed with the two options having a right to be there. I would say I think The Lion King should be in there...but honestly, I couldn't tell you which one I'd swap out for it.

As for the decision, I've gotta say I think A Whole New World was a better love song than Beauty and the Beast. And Aladdin wins not because it had Robin Williams, but because it had Gilbert Gottfried. :p

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Hmm, wow this is a tough one, based on the options, I'd go with the Beauty and the Beast, as I grew up in a "small provincial town." I could really empathize with Belle and her dream of escape. And then you throw in the main plot about finding yourself in spite of your appearance, the lessons about vanity, pride, and arrogance. (Remember it was the Beast's own vanity, turning away the beggar woman because of her looks, that caused his damnation.)

However, for technical achievement, I'm going to go with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, for being the first cel animated feature film in motion picture history. Simply put, it was the very first animated movie where every frame was hand drawn.

For story... from the entire list... I really don't think I can think of any Disney movies which stand out from the others as being the best. I can think of a few which are bland and uninspired, especially in recent years, But I don't know. Lion King, Robin Hood, Mulan, Aristocats, Aladdin, Black Cauldron, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, Bambi... each of these and others I can't think of are truly timeless classics, movies that I will definitely be passing along to my children, should I have any.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Aladin wins this argument for the line

"He's got the monkeys, come see the monkeys!"

but for my money, it's a tie between Robin Hood (Nottingham, the riches plum of them all!)
and The Emperor's New Grove (My Shoulder Angel!)

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
*facepalm*

It's fucking Fantasia! The most original, experimental, creative, inspirational work to come out of Disney. Think of all the different topics they covered and how much work went into so many of those scenes. The abstract Toccata & Fugue, The Rite Of Evolution, The Night On Bald Mountain being the darkest thing to come from Disney, connected to the Ava Maria end which is the most spiritual.

It actually deserves a high spot on the greatest films of all time, because I will tell you a fact, they can't make films like that any more.