No Right Answer: Best Archer Ever

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Chris ninja'd me before the video was over. GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!

Well, besides Sterling Archer, my personal favorite archer is probably Robin Hood. Good archer and I dig his philosophies on redistribution of wealth.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
How do you even compare Legolas to this? this? Katniss whatever the hell person?!

Seriously.

Hello, there are just so many things that are obviously an indication of superiority for Legolas without even giving it that much thought that I don't even understand this video. Usually I'm not "that person" who complains about the people/things for comparison but this one brings out my inner WTF.

Not to say that Legolas is beyond comparison, but I feel the match was VERY uneven in this episode.

Edit - Now, if you were comparing popularity (rather than best archer) then that might be something. You didn't though, and so its not.

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Really should have been Hawkeye vs Legolas... Katniss is in a movie that bends over backwards to make her seem like a badass, but her feats really can't hold a candle to the other two.

Katniss's role as a symbol for the downtrodden to rally behind really means bupkiss as far as her being an effective archer go so... yeah, her being the best of a rather bland or offscreen-killed lot doesn't really mean a whole lot.

zooken

Dec 8, 2009
Throw out some anime/manga choices.
Kagome/Kikyo from Inuyasha.
Uryuu Ishida or Ryuken his father from bleach.

Spearmaster

Mar 10, 2010
Katniss...Wha... Should have been Hawkeye-vs-Legolas, then it could have been an actual discusion, just saw the hobbit part 2 and I'm pretty sure Legolas would win, not just because his badassness magically put him in the movie but what he does in said movie makes the stuff in LotR look tame.

Lazule

Oct 11, 2013
Katniss is pretty badass. But she is also more realistic thats why she can't win against Legolas, elves in fantasy have a natural talent with bows. Period.

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
Avaholic03 said:
Please, the best Archer is this one:

I'm clever. :p
I saw the title of the video before the image loaded and got really excited that this was going to be a discussion of which Archer episode is the best.

I was sadly disappointed.

deathmothon

Nov 30, 2013
Seriously, Jennifer Lawrence vs Orlando Bloom? How much money did Lions Gate pay you?

Cracked got popular by informing people about real things and then having fun with it. You could have gone in so many better directions with best "archer".

Besides, the best Archer is Sterling.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Robin Hood was such a good archer, he split an arrow in two, nock to tip, at the very center of a bulls-eye. His famous feat isn't physically possible. Forget nailing fleas off a dog's back, that's like shooting through a skull, nailing a flea off a dog's back to another flea on a different dog, then pinning them both inside a rock... without harming either dog. And he did it with a longbow, a weapon designed to be fired at armies, not individuals (most competitive archers, including Katniss, use a compound bow). On top of that, Robin Locksley (known as Robin Hood), was a career soldier. He was both a master swordsman, and highly skilled with a quarterstaff. He often challenged random passers-by to duels, and always won, even against physically superior opponents (such as John Little, known as "Little John", who eventually became his best friend).

Robin Hood is also famously good at espionage, specifically infiltration and disguise. Basically, Robin Hood was the James Bond of the medieval age.

EDIT: Actually, no... this [http://www.fxnetworks.com/archer] is clearly the best Archer. HAHA! I SO CLEVAH!

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Dr.Awkward said:
C'mon Chris, you picked Katniss? You could have stood a better chance with John Rambo or Robin Hood!
Yeah, the fact that Robin Hood isn't here is... special. There's also Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Link, Aremis, and so many others that I think would beat Katniss handily in the "best archer ever" category.

Katniss has got to be just a topical thing. Recent fame that clouds judgement of the bigger picture. But perhaps I'm biased as her character actively annoyed me in the books as a brooding drama queen who was completely ineffective in most of the series as anything more than an icon.

I also don't remember Katniss being particularly effective outside of archery. Unless hiding in a tree is effective. Fortunately, this was mentioned early on but should have all but ruled her out as an archer.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
The Last Melon said:
I saw the title of the video before the image loaded and got really excited that this was going to be a discussion of which Archer episode is the best.

Yeah, I hear you. I couldn't care less which fictional character was better at shooting an ancient weapon.

I think my personal favorite was "Skytanic", or pretty much any episode that features Kreiger.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Avaholic03 said:
The Last Melon said:

Yeah, I hear you. I couldn't care less which fictional character was better at shooting an ancient weapon.

I think my personal favorite was "Skytanic", or pretty much any episode that features Kreiger.
Don't worry, we have an Archer episode coming up too

Stu35

Aug 1, 2011
PunkRex said:
Verily, such disregard for a superior archer!
*snip*
THIS!
Avaholic03 said:
Please, the best Archer is this one:

*snip*

I'm clever. :p
Changed my mind. THIS!

"Real secret agents don't tell every harlot from here to Hanoi that they are secret agents!"

... "Then why be one?".

But seriously... Robin Hood.

Who, btw, was a YORKSHIREMAN! Not from fucking Nottingham, as those cunts so often claim.

RatherDashing89

Jan 11, 2013
Clearly the best archer is

I'd second votes for Bard and Robin Hood. Mainly I'd just love to see a movie archer who actually fights from the back, instead of rushing into melee to fire arrows at point blank. I'm looking at you, Legolas. You too, Susan Pevensie.

Ashley Blalock

Sep 25, 2011
I'd give my vote to Justice League Unlimited Green Arrow. Come on the guy can shot more than just arrows like when he has to shoot control rods at a giant nuclear powered robot that the super powered members of the team couldn't stop. Plus boxing glove arrows, got to take some talent to shoot one of those and knock out thugs.

If they need a female archer for the mix then I'd say Merida from Brave over the Hunger Games.