No Right Answer: Best Archer Ever

Lord Hosk

Dec 2, 2011
I am really really confused, why was Katniss a choice?

She had one good shot and that was in the third book.

The Last Melon

Mar 19, 2012
Avaholic03 said:
The Last Melon said:
I saw the title of the video before the image loaded and got really excited that this was going to be a discussion of which Archer episode is the best.

I was sadly disappointed.
Yeah, I hear you. I couldn't care less which fictional character was better at shooting an ancient weapon.

I think my personal favorite was "Skytanic", or pretty much any episode that features Kreiger.
First episode I ever saw was the rampage one. Instantly sold me on the series.

"What is WRONG with you?!"
"Uh, it's called CANCER?!"

luisespt

Jul 7, 2012
Brotha Desmond said:
Best archer ever: Gilgamesh.

Considering he doesn't use a bow, I'd say the other badass archer from the Fate series, Archer:

This guy is so badass the word "Gar" had to be invented to descibe him. He can pinpoit shoot moving targets from 2 kilometers away, something people with modern state-of-the-art rifles, bullets and scopes can only do at a still target.
Plus, he breaks Lavoisier's law of Equivalent Exchange by creating magic swords out of thin air, and being able to explode them at will, or use their magic powers, making him able to use a limitless amount of special weapons when most other Servants can only use one.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Lord Hosk said:
I am really really confused, why was Katniss a choice?

She had one good shot and that was in the third book.
Because she's in a couple currently very popular movies and many of the promotional shots show her holding a bow. This ignores the fact that in the movies (I haven't read the books) she's somewhat realistically portrayed as, at best, semi-competent. I would estimate about 60% of her shots fly wide of the mark and she only occasionally hits her target. Although she seems to have some bizarre luck superpower which means if doesn't miss (which is more often than not) she hits her target dead center. She never has a near miss or merely grazes her target.

Brotha Desmond

Jan 3, 2011
luisespt said:
Brotha Desmond said:
Best archer ever: Gilgamesh.

Considering he doesn't use a bow, I'd say the other badass archer from the Fate series, Archer:

This guy is so badass the word "Gar" had to be invented to descibe him. He can pinpoit shoot moving targets from 2 kilometers away, something people with modern state-of-the-art rifles, bullets and scopes can only do at a still target.
Plus, he breaks Lavoisier's law of Equivalent Exchange by creating magic swords out of thin air, and being able to explode them at will, or use their magic powers, making him able to use a limitless amount of special weapons when most other Servants can only use one.
To be fair, heroic spirit Emiya only used a bow in one instance. Characters even commented on how it was strange that he was an archer class since he didn't use a bow. If the archer of Fate/Zero and Stay night went head to held, Gilgamesh would win; not only due to skill, but also shear number of weapons that can be used at once.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Best thing about the Hunger Games is listening to MovieBob make up funny names to replace "Katniss" in his review videos.
And yet he missed Catnap, which is the best description possible. She has no real personality in the book or movie save what is more or less impressed on her by others. Which is why Kyle's sort of bang on with that bit about her being impressive only because of what others have done.

Then again, one boring character versus the snorefest that is Tolkien, hard to complain too much.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Hitchmeister said:
Because she's in a couple currently very popular movies and many of the promotional shots show her holding a bow. This ignores the fact that in the movies (I haven't read the books) she's somewhat realistically portrayed as, at best, semi-competent. I would estimate about 60% of her shots fly wide of the mark and she only occasionally hits her target. Although she seems to have some bizarre luck superpower which means if doesn't miss (which is more often than not) she hits her target dead center. She never has a near miss or merely grazes her target.
In the books, she 'always' puts arrows through her game's eyes.

drschplatt

Aug 18, 2010
I couldn't even get past the intro, Katniss whatever-her-face from those boring as heck Hunger-whatever-they-are was a top 2 selection?

Better choices just off the top of my head.

Robin Hood
Odysseus
Link
Hawkeye
Rambo
William Tell
Bard
Beleg Cúthalion

I'm sure if someone actually thought more about it, they could come up with an even better list. While better by far than Kat-whatever-her-name, Legolas isn't even the best archer in Middle Earth lore.