No Right Answer: Best Batman Ever

pandasaw

Mar 18, 2011
Arif_Sohaib said:
I would have to vote for Christian Bale as the best Batman. Every other movie turned him into a cartoon, good cartoons but cartoons. Batman Begins finally took it seriously.
I agree. I don't have a problem with his voice and I thought Michael Keaton was a boring Bruce Wayne.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Treaos Serrare said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Agreed, I also think Mark Hamill is a way better Joker then Heath Ledger.
Yes the Voice and mania are awesome from Hamill, Ledger Just did a more subtle creepier Joker with less manic psychosis
Yes yes, it just annoys me how most casual fans will worship that performance but when I bring up Mark Hamill they're just like "WTF? When did Luke Skywalker play the joker?" and then I die a little inside.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Firefilm said:
Best Batman Ever

Using good choices would be too easy. Only the true debaters would tackle these options of the superior Dark Knight.

Watch Video
The best Bruce Wayne? Michael Goddamned Keaton. He had it down to the eyebrows.

The only reason we tend to give the "best batman" to the most recent, I'd argue, is because the suit has improved. I think everyone still chuckles whenever Keaton has to completely turn his upper body to look in any direction. But that's not on him, it's on a suit that lacks points of articulation.

Given the best suit, I'd say it's still Keaton.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
voorhees123 said:
Michael Keaton. Easy answer and no contest. Christian Bale would be number one except for his stupid growly voice that fucks it up.
My thoughts precisely.

Such a pity Keaton's career went to shit after taking that role, though.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
I love how in all your videos, you pick the most unlikely candidates. Yes, for comic effect, Adam West is the most likely candidate, but he's still acknowledged as a definite Batman actor. But Val Kilmer and George Clooney are THE most forgotten batman actors ever. (In case of Clooney, more like wanting to forget)
I've heard and accepted the arguments for every other Batman, West, Bale, Conory, Keaton, but NEVER Kilmer and Clooney, and that's why I love this show?
Oh, and what's with the product-placement? For reals or just trolling? I don't mind either way, I've never heard of any of the drinks, and it's not like they can affect the integrity of the show. (Oh, Clooney winning was clearly because of his affinities with the soda-companies.)

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I don't know, but the soda plugging is absolutely hilarious to me.

Well done.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Michael Keaton for sure. Clooney was also good.

Adam west? He was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!

messy

Dec 3, 2008
I fucking love Jones' Soda. Seriously they need to sell it again in England.

Adam West.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
I still hate how this is a glorified ad buuuuuuuut it's good...And they're both wrong, Adam West is the only batman.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw man, I was hoping for something like Bruce Wayne or Nightwing...
I'd still say it needs some polish, but you're getting there.

krellen

Unrepentant Obsidian Fanboy
Jan 23, 2009
So, do you guys actually have a deal with Jones soda, or do you do the blatant product-placement just because it's totally hilarious?

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
George Clooney is a less bad Batman because Val Kilmer has blue eyes.

Batman has brown eyes.

VanTesla

Apr 19, 2011
In my opinion both of them are Terribly wrong... I would say it is by far Kevin Conroy and Michael Keaton as second.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
No adam west? Im sorry but anyone who can play batman as "Seriosly" as he did, in such a campy setting as that show was, is the best batman

OT: sing it with me :D Adam wessst, aaadam weeesssst, aaaadaaaam wwweesssst

TokenRupee

Oct 2, 2010
I'd say it's close between Kevin Conroy and Micheal Keaton. Conroy comes out on top though. And yes, it probably is nostalgic bias talking, but I don't care.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Kevin Conroy from both the Animated series AND Arkham Asylum (the game).

But for Bruce Wayne, call me crazy but I think Adam West was best. Cheesy terrible batman, but as Bruce Wayne he was super fly in the way a guy could only be as a man of the 60's.