No Right Answer: Best Sitcom Ever

xXTheParadoxXx

May 25, 2010
UK sitcoms win by miles. the inbetweeners, spaced, blackadder, father ted, fawlty towers and black books. It doesn't get any better.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
I too find Alyson Hannigan attractive, however her best role was Willow in Buffy. Lily is a close second though.

I cannot stand Friends, I really can't. This gets me plenty of flack among my mates, but honestly I can't stand those characters. The only reason they're friends is because no other group would have them. Personally haven't seen Seinfeld, it dropped under my radar somehow. For me, the best american sitcom is Fraiser.

We brits do have the very best sitcoms, however, it's the one thing we do impossibly well. Blackadder, Spaced, Outnumbered, Black Books, Vicar of Dibley, Father Ted, IT Crowd, The Office - the list goes on.

Mylinkay Asdara

Waiting watcher
Nov 28, 2010
When Friends became the Ross and Rachel's bad relationship drama - and then they were all hooking up in various configurations just to drive another season... yeah, I tuned out forever.

That was avoided in the other, but as some have said, super selfish unconcerned with the environment around them people are funny, but don't make for the best sitcom group overall either.

Then again, is there really a best sitcom, they are basically cheap entertainment for the masses with generic appeal all the way around as much as possible. The genre itself seems to prohibit greatness.

qwagor

Mar 18, 2009
Best sitcom ever: Spaced
Didn't get much international exposure because of music copyright problems... now available on digital discs in most teritories.
Essential viewing

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Married with Children is the best sitcom ever. Al Bundy has no competition, because he's a real man. A NO MA'AM.

Frankfurter4444

Aug 11, 2009
Dan's argument that the main cast of Seinfeld behaved like real people makes me wonder if he and I watched the same show. And if so, does Dan really think people behave like that? Chris was closer with the description "adults acting like children." Personally I thought "narcissistic nihilistic sociopath space aliens not trying very hard to blend into earth's society" was the best way to describe Seinfeld. Though I guess they couldn't describe it like that because Third Rock From The Sun was on the same network at that time.

nothtr

Jun 1, 2011
+1 for Arrested Development. It's kind of hard for me to think of any sitcoms that come even close to it in quality.

I'd also say 30 Rock is ahead of the majority of sitcoms mentioned.

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Community. New Girl. Curb Your Enthusiasm. Modern day, there are a lot of infinately better sitcoms then those. Hell, Curb is basically Seinfeld with balls. Maybe if you said 90's sitcom, but wait...Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Really, this episode is argueing the better of the 2 most popular late 90's, typical sitcoms. Maybe.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Community for it take on spinning traditional Television Themes.
Big Bang Theory for it brilliant joke writing.
But Cheers is still #1 for me.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
So uh...I've never actually seen a full episode of Friends, so I feel unqualified to judge. I have to go with Kyle, though. HIMYM is fantastic. I also really enjoy Happy Endings.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
What? What about frasier, 30 rock, arrested developpement (Does that count as a sitcom?) cheers, faulty towers, both the offices, a huge number of comedies are better then these. Though Seinfeld is pretty awesome.