No Right Answer: Best Superhero Team Ever

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Krion_Vark said:
DVS BSTrD said:
artanis_neravar said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Avengers: Captain America turned his back on the government before it was cool. Sups was just frontin' by giving up his citizenship.
Qitz said:
I saw this coming the moment I saw the title.

Avengers win, obviously. The Justice League just sits in their floating tuby thing in space while the Avengers actually roam around.

Plus it has Captain Fucking America in it.

Avengers can actually lose too, the only time Justice League can lose is if Superman is doing laundry or something.
I know i'm not the only one who thinks that having an invincible superhero just makes the JL that much more boring.
Wolverine is kind of a god character, except that he will actually kill.
There is also the difference that with Wolverine being unkillable =/= being invincible.
Civil War proves that. Thor the literal God character in Avengers has a clone made and it blows a whole through a guys chest and immediately kills him only reason they were able to stop him is because Stark has a bomb placed in his head in case something like that happened.
The very definition of a Contingency Plan right there

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
The Justice League is the most powerful team, there is no argument. The power level of DC universe is far higher then the Marvel universe.

If we go by most interesting, I prefer the Titans. (Or if you want to go more obscure, the Shadow Pact was far more interesting.)

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Best line before I forget it: "Patriotism: The Superhero!"
Wow, this was a great debate today. I find both teams have their ups and downs, which I'll elaborate on later after some research. I agree with Chris, though, that if your team is famous for its members fighting each other on a regular basis, that's a point against their favor.

jobu59749

Aug 3, 2009
So at one point Chris says that the justice league has no real inner turmoil between people. Infinite Crisis anyone? A hero's wife gets raped by a villan and then they cover it up. There is a definitive split in the support of such idea which creates a permanent fracture between multiple members of the Justice League. That was huge for the DC Universe with those characters. So much humanity was shown.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
First off: The Authority wins because they've got a drug-addled Dutchman who basically controls the planet. And a sun god, the best assassin that'll ever be, a girl who can create anything from nothing, a living bolt of lightning, a guy who can let a city get up out of the ground and step on you and the there's Swift... Uhm, yeah, she's really pretty.

Other than that the Avengers once included Doctor Strange. They win.

Also, there's a pattern there.

It's called: Dr. Fate is balls. ^_^

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Im gonna call the justice league on this one if youre going to say whos going to win in a straight up fight. The best player on the avengers is either Iron man or Thor (cause lets face it, you tell captain america to hurt someone like superman who is ACTUAL US personified [an immigrant who made their life and actually achieved the dream of success and love and all that jazz, while having the boy scout morals Captain is so famous for], and hes just going to roll over and die), and they have to then fight Superman, Batman (who will go toe to toe with tony and i would say win, because hes caught more training and skill), Martian man hunter, green lantern, and wonderwoman.

and really, when the weakest link in your chain can theorectically summon and control Cthulu, whos stronger.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Both teams has their pros and cons. Sure DC are never good when it come to live action movies other than Batman however they are great when it come to animaited movies (Batman: Under The Red Hood, Justice League Doom and etc) unlike Marvel animated movies.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
unsmart said:
The Justice League cartoon was better than the Avengers cartoon. Just needed to be said.
Which Avenger's cartoon? The new one that is currently airing is actually pretty good and I would say its as good if not better that the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited.

Arif_Sohaib

Jan 16, 2011
Warner Bros does have the abailty to make a multiple product spanning movie/show. For proof just look at Scooby Doo Mystery Incorperated series which has Quest Labs in an important cameo(like Iron Man 2 having Captain America's shield) as well as older and more obscure mystery solving teams in a dream sequence and the wikipedia page says Dino Mutt will be included later and more HB characters are probably possible not to mention the series own main story is very good and Udo Kier as Professor Paracles is great as a possible villian.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
emeraldrafael said:
Im gonna call the justice league on this one if youre going to say whos going to win in a straight up fight. The best player on the avengers is either Iron man or Thor (cause lets face it, you tell captain america to hurt someone like superman who is ACTUAL US personified [an immigrant who made their life and actually achieved the dream of success and love and all that jazz, while having the boy scout morals Captain is so famous for], and hes just going to roll over and die), and they have to then fight Superman, Batman (who will go toe to toe with tony and i would say win, because hes caught more training and skill), Martian man hunter, green lantern, and wonderwoman.

and really, when the weakest link in your chain can theorectically summon and control Cthulu, whos stronger.
Wolverine would beat Batman, Thor would fight Superman, Quicksilver could take on the Flash, Ms Marvel could fight Wonderwoman, Vision could go up against the Martian Manhunter, Iron Man would occupy Green Lantern, and none of it would mater because the Scarlet Witch would destroy them all.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I don't think a Justice League movie could work to be honest, but then I haven't seen The Avengers movie yet so maybe I'll change my mind when I have.
unsmart said:
The Justice League cartoon was better than the Avengers cartoon. Just needed to be said.
I assume you mean the most recent Avengers cartoon and I agree. Voice acting was better too.

algalon

Dec 6, 2010
Yes, this. It doesn't matter who would win in a fight when one member could conceivably go crazy, say 3 words, and depower or kill all of them.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
The Defenders are a better team than Avengers any day of the week...

However lots of points should have been raised. Yes, lots of animated movies by WB, but who cares? The big negative for JL they should have hit was back when there was Justice League Europe and Justice League International and Justice League Ice Station Zebra or whatever...

And the time JL didn't have the big three on the team because DC didn't want JL to taint them! Who'd we get? Booster Gold and Blue Beetle as the main members.

And everyone's a reservist for the JL! They got a whole magic team of Zatanna, Dr Strange and others on speeddial!

And Civil War was rubbish. The Annihilation arc going on at the same time was better. However, anything involving Thanos wins.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
Wow, this was a great debate today. I find both teams have their ups and downs, which I'll elaborate on later after some research. I agree with Chris, though, that if your team is famous for its members fighting each other on a regular basis, that's a point against their favor.
In terms of their teamwork and within their world, yes. But as readers, that internal strife is far more interesting to read because it's essentially drama with super powers. I'd much rather read how Hulk and Thor fight because Thor said something that inadvertently pissed Hulk off than most anything with Superman.

OT: Kyle, I do believe that the Avengers have dealt with reality-saving issues before. I know at least in the cartoon (and probably in the comics) that Loki put the nine-realms in danger and nearly caused Ragnarok, which endangered all of reality.

RobotDinosaur

Feb 27, 2012
Depends on if you want the more entertaining team or the one that's better at saving the world from intergalactic doom. Avengers are way more entertaining (what with their narrower powers and occasional intra-team bickering.) But if the fate of the world's on the line, I don't want 'entertaining', I want results.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
SilverUchiha said:
Darth_Payn said:
In terms of their teamwork and within their world, yes. But as readers, that internal strife is far more interesting to read because it's essentially drama with super powers. I'd much rather read how Hulk and Thor fight because Thor said something that inadvertently pissed Hulk off than most anything with Superman.

OT: Kyle, I do believe that the Avengers have dealt with reality-saving issues before. I know at least in the cartoon (and probably in the comics) that Loki put the nine-realms in danger and nearly caused Ragnarok, which endangered all of reality.
The Avengers also always have room on their team for reformed villains (Hawkeye, Quick Silver, Scarlet Witch, The Vision), and they are supported by the personal fortune of a member (Tony Stark, although I would assume the JLA is supported by Bruce Wayne's fortune, but I'm not sure)