No Right Answer: Best Tim Burton Film Ever

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
POWER PUFF GIRLS! Woo! I freely admit I used to watch and enjoy that show.

I really liked Mars Attacks, and the Batman movies were quite enjoyable. Planet of the Apes was worth a watch, even if it wasn't spectacular.

By far, my favorite is Beetlejuice. Seriously, best Tim Burton movie EVER. Go watch it right now!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
i always preferred edward scissorhands, but then again, i was something of a loner, so I associated well with it.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
I must agree that Ed Wood is the best. But that's mainly because I am a fan of Ed Wood as it is.

necromanzer52

Mar 19, 2009
I forgot how many great films Tim has made. I have to agree that Ed Wood is the best though.

And I didn't cry during big fish.

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
I really really enjoyed Tim Burton's Hot Topic, you know the one scored by Danny Elfman. It was an alright film but all the merchandising made it worthwhile.

In all seriousness though I'd have to pick either Batman or Beetlejuice as my favorite, hell those are my favorites because I haven't liked anything else by him.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
I can't really decide which one I think is the best. I mean, I loved Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Sweeney Todd, and so on and so forth. I can't really say which one was the best, cause while they all have the same Burton-esque tone, they all are unique in their own way, which makes it hard to compare them.

pandasaw

Mar 18, 2011
The Grim Ace said:
I find your ruling invalid, Big Fish wins every time and not crying to it means you are Satan.
I agree with this a thousand times.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Count_A said:
Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!
It's showtime!

Anyways, Big Fish is actually my favorite Tim Burton film, since Nightmare before Christmas is NOT a Tim Burton film (It was directed by Henry Sellick, Burton only produced). Big Fish is just so surreal and awesome.

robert01

Jul 22, 2011
I think Sweeny Todd is one of the finer films he has made, he added his touches to the story without straying away from it too far. Although some of the more revealing parts of the plot(a couple songs) didn't make it into the film, you can still get most of the plot twists.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
corpse bride.

There, I said it. It was fun, awesome and actually made me laugh.

...I did love James and the giant peach.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Ed Wood easily, I didn't like Big Fish at all. Besides George the Animal Steele is in Ed Wood.
...and cut! Print. That was perfect!

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
For me, it's a three-way tie between The Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, and Sweeney Todd.

penthesilea180

Jul 25, 2010
I'm sorry, but if Burton usually produces fruit strip gum then Ed Wood is the stick of 6 year old Double Mint that he pulled out of his grandmother's purse.

Maybe it is just because I saw it when I was young and was bored out of my mind, but it was not my favorite flavor.

I prefer my movies to be like Orbits, sure it's a big name, but it is consistently good and I feel better after having experienced it. Spielberg gum.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
I'm going to have to go with The Nightmare Before Christmas.

WAIT! LISTEN!

Yes. I know it was not directed by him, and it wasn't fully written by him. BUT it was produced and co-written by him. And he also had the original idea, it was a poem he wrote when he was working with Disney. So I still consider it one of his films.

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
I didn't notice this show until recently, and went back to catch up the earlier episodes. I like this show, and find it fun and entertaining, yet simple. This is far better than that unwatchable Jimquisition show.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Sleepy Hollow is hand's down my favourite Tim Burton film. Probably also my favourite horror film in general.