No Right Answer: Best Version of A Christmas Carol Ever

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
Yes, Chris went easy on Kyle by not arguing that the Muppet Christmas Carol is also the best *musical* version of A Christmas Carol.
I don't know about that. As much as I love Muppet Christmas Carol, Scrooge with Albert Finney did a pretty spectacular job of it too. Take this little number as a case in point:

It's a catchy number in its own right, but at the same time it shows just how much everyone reviled Scrooge, and just how oblivious he was to that fact. More than that though, it serves to show just how much he actually craved that kind of recognition, despite actually singing earlier in the film about how much he hated people in general.

desverger

Dec 5, 2010
The only version of A Christmas Carol I need is the one from Blackadder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz54prceJIo

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
+1 to Muppets because Beaker gives Scrooge the finger.
Never thought of Scrooge as an Anti-Muppite.

For me though it's always been between the old Scrooge with Albert Finny & Mr Magoo Christmas Carol.
How can you not love that?

Asita said:
I don't know about that. As much as I love Muppet Christmas Carol, Scrooge with Albert Finney did a pretty spectacular job of it too. Take this little number as a case in point:

It's a catchy number in its own right, but at the same time it shows just how much everyone reviled Scrooge, and just how oblivious he was to that fact. More than that though, it serves to show just how much he actually craved that kind of recognition, despite actually singing earlier in the film about how much he hated people in general.
Glad I'm not the only one who loves that version.
Also, it has Obi Wan in Hell.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
BrotherRool said:
I think the book was my favourite version
The book is the best version, I was a little disapointed Die Hard was not mentioned.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
RTR said:
What happened to your column, guys?
unfortunately with the Escapist being bought by the larger media company, some loiter trafficked products had to be cut. But don't worry, because No Right Answer is still wildly popular and went be going anywhere.

You can always ask us anything you like on the NRA Facebook fan page!

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Scrooged out of the two but I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Muppets

(Though I'm also a big fan of the Patrick Stuart and Albert Finney versions)

But who can beat Bill F@!king Murray?!?!

DuelLadyS

Aug 25, 2010
Albert Finney is the one we watch every year (I'm glad to see others do too!), but mom loves Christmas movies and she'll squeeze in as many as she can- I've pretty sure I've seen every version of a Christmas Carol mentioned so far. (Personally, I just make it a point to watch Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas- but that's a tangent.)

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Assassin Xaero said:
Is that what the drinking round is for? I maybe started watching this show a month or two ago and never understood that part.
My understanding is that the drinking round just gives them x amount of time to try and squeeze in a few more points. But if one manages to make the other laugh while he's drinking, then the guy that laughed while drinking is disqualified. It's happened a couple times in the past, but for the most part the winner is decided before they even do the Drinking Round.

OT: Despite the disqualification, I've gotta say my vote would go for Scrooged because of two simple words: Bobcat Goldthwait. :p

That and I think it's funnier in general.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
"The ***** hit me with a toaster..." This scrooge wins hands down

gambler778

Nov 18, 2009
I am completely disappointed by the lack of Patrick Stewart's version. His performance was absolutely incredible, such an enjoyable movie to watch.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
GamemasterAnthony said:
As I sit here twirling a replica of the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver in my fingers, I say unto you...

"No mention of the Doctor's Christmas Carol? With the flying sharks and everything?!? SHAMEFUL!!!"

CAPTCHA: call me maybe

GAH!!! Now even the Captcha's into that song!!!
I was like "Dan! Say something! The Doctor ACTUALLY TIME TRAVELS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!"
Also, Dumbledore is Scrooge, your argument is invalid...

darkbshadow

Nov 9, 2006
The Muppets Christmas Carol all the way. For one main reason. You can watch the Muppets Christmas Carol with the whole family. You can't do the same with Scrooged. I know my nephews would get scared by that movie.

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
Scrooged was a freaking terrible movie. It had a few decent moments, but overall it was a cobbled together, awkward mess with uneven tone and unconvincing performances.

Muppets wins this, hands down.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Muppets for me, but I guess it comes down to a level of taste, and I prefer a more traditional telling. I scores bonus points for me by being one of the earliest versions I saw that got and properly conveyed that Scrooge wasn't one dimensionally greedy and evil, but more tragic and broken.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
And Tiny Tim?
...and to Tiny Tim WHO DID NOT DIE! Scrooge.was like a second father.
Isn't that swell?

Muppets all the way.