No Right Answer: Bruce Campbell vs Nathan Fillion

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Bruce Campbell vs Nathan Fillion

Best Almost Leading Man. Nothing more needs to be said. Post or tweet your picks below, and the top three will get posted.

Can't wait till next Thursday for your Chris and Kyle fix? Check out their podcast, "Armchair Thinkers." http://ideopod.com/armchair-thinkers/

Watch Video

yndsu

Apr 1, 2011
I am sorry, but Bruce is better. Just look at the Burn Notice.
But indeed, there is no right answer with this one.
Both amazing, both done lots of great stuff.
But Mr Chuck Finley will always win.

ultimasupersaiyan

Dec 9, 2008
I like both equally but why not a action nerdy buddy picture with both of them as the lead actors?

Awesomeness or what?!

therockdemon

Mar 17, 2011
fillion is the geek icon i do love the evil dead movies but fillion is just that little bit better

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Bruce has more staying power.

Nathan is fun for a chuckle, but then he has to jog on and make room for Cambell.

SoopaSte123

Jul 1, 2010
Bruce Campbell is fun, but I never had a thing for Fillion. Nerds praise him up and down, but I feel like that's just cuz he's openly a nerd, too. Dr. Horrible is one of the best things ever, but it certainly wasn't amazing acting on the part of Fillion that made it great. Never cared too much for Firefly either.

But no, Christian Bale is one of the best, most intense actors of all time. Even with the marble-gargling Batman voice.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Yea, I think my favorite is pretty obvious, I liked Fillion for a while after I saw firefly but Bruce took my heart with Jack of All Trades.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
yndsu said:
I am sorry, but Bruce is better. Just look at the Burn Notice.
But indeed, there is no right answer with this one.
Both amazing, both done lots of great stuff.
But Mr Chuck Finley will always win.
Chuck Finley is forever.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It really says something that even with he's backing Nathan Fillion, I still wish Chris would quiet down a notch.

May 5, 2010
I have several things to say about this:

1. I would totally watch a movie where David Tennant played all the characters.
2. A MAYAAAAAANS GOTTA DO WHAT A MAYAAAAANS GOTTA DO!
3. Mmmmm-Mmmmmm-Mmmmmm-Yes.

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
Perfect example of a Nathan Fillion fan, alot of yelling with no real foundation for the argument. Bruce Campbell has been around for longer and is a much more well versed actor with a more broad spectrum of acting experience.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Not really following either one of them but as far as almost leading man goes, I'd say Fillion is a clear win.

I mean what major geek culture roles is he not auditioning for?

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
I physically cannot choose an answer to this. It's like making me choose between Ash and Captain Mal, I can't do it. I love them both. Ultimately it comes down to this, they're both awesome, Nathan Fillion is hot, but Bruce Campbell has done an Old Spice advert. Perfect draw.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
I'd have gone with Bruce Campbell as Batman. Filion and he are both pretty equally wacky, but Campbell's the only one who I could actually find scary. Dude played a guy who cut off his own hand and turned it into a chainsaw, after all.

gCrusher

Mar 17, 2011
Thanks for the great show, guys. I've enjoyed every episode thus far.

I'm going to go with Nathan Fillion. I dig Bruce too, but Nathan's got the continuous smile and positive attitude that really go the distance.

LostintheWick

Sep 29, 2009
Bruce is far more entertaining to watch. At least for me.

I like(d) Fillion, but after watching interviews of him, making of specials, and listening to him in commentaries, I actually find his "Look at me" sense of humor and high school thespian personality annoying (but I still like the actual roles he plays).

BUT... I've never met him in person, so maybe it's just his public person that rubs me wrong.