No Right Answer: Comedian Who Was Funny

Wolcik

Jul 18, 2009
Well, it's true that people care less about Jim than Adam, but at least Jim's serious movies give profit.
Adam Sandler shitting out movies like Jack and Jill just to make money for himself and people around him isn't a good thing, cause it's a lazy cashgrab with no effort to make a funny or just a good movie. Plus, Sandler tends to be plain racist and homophobic in his movies, while building an aura of him being awesome misguided dude with huge dick.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Sandler was never that funny. And Carrey went off the deep end with anti-vax insanity... so Carrey wins!

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
BagelBear said:
@Ferisar it's almost as if they applied no thought to this whatsoever and just slapped together some crap they did in a single take and uploaded it because it was the day they need to upload something.
You seem upset. Are you upset? I'm not all about this being upset line of thinking, guy.
I'm also willing to say that they blanked on it and that it's hardly relevant to the topic they were discussing. Justmad they didn't bring it up in the serious bit section.

Jan 12, 2012
You hush up! I liked Yes Man and Bruce Almighty, and Mr. Popper's Penguins was fine for a kids movie (not Disney/Pixar, but not something you feel bad about seeing).

I think Eddie Murphy is the best one for this. He went from "great star in the 80's, very edgy, very funny" to the paradox of spoofing himself while simultaneously being toned down.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
I was instinctively going to say "Adam Sandler" as the worst comedian, but then realized that's not the question. Sandler was never funny in the first place, so he had nowhere to fall to.

I guess my answer is Jerry Seinfeld, if the height of the fall is the criteria. From "Seinfeld" to "Bee Movie"... yeah.

BagelBear

Apr 9, 2009
@Ferisar I was a little but I sort of vented on their facebook page, I see potential, but worse, I see potential squandered, it's a good set up, good ideas, the guys seem likeable, possibly do with showing their faces a bit less in my opinion but thats the least of my concerns,

Why can't anyone else see how good this show could be? D:

the abyss gazes also

Professional Over Thinker
Apr 10, 2012
Victoria Jackson... or do we mean people who are still trying to be funny and aren't just tragic parodies of themselves.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I have to say that I may not care so much about Jim Carrey movies anymore, but Adam Sandler's movies are the ones that make me go, "AHHH! WHY? WHYYY?! WON'T SOMEONE MAKE HIM STOP, ALREADY?!"

And it's not because I thought his movies were so awesome ten or fifteen years ago. Yeah, I admit it, I got a chuckle or three out of Happy Gilmour, but even then his schtick was making some unwarranted assumptions about just how "along for the ride" I was with his plots and characters.

IronMit

Jul 24, 2012
How the...what the....whyyyyyy

Ace ventura, the mask, dumb and dumber....these were the comedies that defined the 90's.

Truman show and Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind are some of the best movies I have ever seen.

Adam Sandler can't even compare.

Maybe in 10 years we can compare Jim Carey's reign to that of Ben Stiller and see who managed best to stay on top of the comedy game the longest and/or diversified well. But not Adam Sandler with his 2 good comedies...and 20 stupid ones

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Zoolander and Wedding Singer are really the only two Adam Sandler Movies that I liked. And while those were pretty awesome, I feel like Jim Carrey had much farther to fall. Also, I liked the cable guy.

Edit: Ok, I now realize that Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler are not the same person. That being said I probably couldn't tell them apart if I saw them side by side.

The Deadpool

Dec 28, 2007
Reign Over Me is definitely the best drama Adam Sandler did, but I think Funny People deserves a little recognition at least...

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
You guys left out Anger Management! That's IMO Sandler's BEST movie BECAUSE he's not doing the usual "loud, obnoxious, goofy-voiced idiot" bit, but "normal guy caught up in wacky circumstances". I dare say it's his smartest movie!
But yeah, in the choice between these two, I'd pick Carrey. He has so many funny movies behind him, and he's tried other genres like drama(Truman Show, The Majestic, ESotSM) and suspense (Number 23), but he's famous for being funny and it shows in his non-comedies, just waiting to burst.
And you guys skipped over Liar, Liar!

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
No just no, I disagree, Sandler was much worst, he has never made me laugh, at his best he can make me crack a smile, but that's it. Now I do like some Sandler films, Happy Gilmore and Waterboy had it's moments, Anger Management(but that's mostly to do with Jack Nicholson), but if you compare that to his mountain of shit, Mr Deeds, Chuck and Larry, Click, Zohan, Bedtime Stories, Funny People, but special mention goes out to Jack and Jill, my God why does that film exist, I mean how is Adam Sandler better than Jim Carrey after that film which won every category at the 32nd Razzies, you know a film's bad if it manages to beat Twilight at the Razzies. I really don't know why he still makes films anymore, I don't know if it's for the money or that he's just gone insane.

Zombie Sodomy said:
Zoolander and Wedding Singer are really the only two Adam Sandler Movies that I liked.
Sandler wasn't in Zoolander, that was Ben Stiller

Skops

Mar 9, 2010
I think Adam Sandler has fallen farther. His movies are just are practically the same, watch:

Character: Five letter name that ends in "Y" (Happy, Billy, Nicky, Sonny, etc.) No seriously look up how many characters follow this pattern

Plot: Gets a goal (save his grandmothers house, go back to school, etc.)

Love interest: insert hot girl.

3/4 way through the movie his quest comes to a screaming hault because something unfortunate happens. After some insperation from said love interest, he picks himself up and goes all out to complete his goal.

Adam Sandler wins. Bad Guy loses. Rob Schneider appears.

90% Adam Sandler movies are this.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
Kitsune Hunter said:
No just no, I disagree, Sandler was much worst, he has never made me laugh, at his best he can make me crack a smile, but that's it. Now I do like some Sandler films, Happy Gilmore and Waterboy had it's moments, Anger Management(but that's mostly to do with Jack Nicholson), but if you compare that to his mountain of shit, Mr Deeds, Chuck and Larry, Click, Zohan, Bedtime Stories, Funny People, but special mention goes out to Jack and Jill, my God why does that film exist, I mean how is Adam Sandler better than Jim Carrey after that film which won every category at the 32nd Razzies, you know a film's bad if it manages to beat Twilight at the Razzies. I really don't know why he still makes films anymore, I don't know if it's for the money or that he's just gone insane.

Zombie Sodomy said:
Zoolander and Wedding Singer are really the only two Adam Sandler Movies that I liked.
Sandler wasn't in Zoolander, that was Ben Stiller
Holly Crap, I just realized those are two different people. They look almost exactly the same. Well I'm embarrassed.