No Right Answer: New Escapist Show Pitches

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
New Escapist Show Pitches

It's time to expand the brand! Are any of the fail-proof shows pitched here the next Escapist hit? You decide!

Watch Video

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Hehehe, this was quite funny, well done!
But seriously... Drinking Games HAS to come back, I loved the crap out of that!!!!

And you are right, The Escapist does need more shows. LRR stopped and Jim left...

Silverspud

Sep 6, 2011
How can anyone fill a Jim Sterling-sized hole? It's enormous... in terms of integrity-filled lovely content. Love ya, Jim! I'm off to give more on your Patreon!

JackgarPrime

Jul 17, 2012
How about a show of just pitches for other shows? Because this was a damn good pilot for that!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Dan's go-to theme song is Jurassic Park?!

Also, is Chris' slurring starting to sound like Harry S. Plinkett to anyone else?

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
All of these were funny/fun ideas, but "Chris and Kyle Buy-A-Thing" clearly has the most potential and has the lowest chance of bodily harm (Chris as a glutton, Dan as a drunkard, and Kyle as a binge-watcher would be bad news).

Hey, you said, "You decide!" I'm deciding, I guess.

Trunipbob

Oct 13, 2010
How about you do a new show where you debate about stuff? You guys should get back on that train, that could be cool. Rather than single sided rants, or whatever today's waste of time was.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
This was the best NRA you've ever done which leads me to believe the premise of this show is holding you back. How about some sketch comedy since there's also a gigantic LRR-sized hole there as well.

Fappy said:
Also, is Chris' slurring starting to sound like Harry S. Plinkett to anyone else?
If he starts offering us pizza rolls...RUN!

Chris Pranger

Aug 31, 2011
Trunipbob said:
How about you do a new show where you debate about stuff? You guys should get back on that train, that could be cool. Rather than single sided rants, or whatever today's waste of time was.
Nah, I don't think a lot of people would really watch that.

Trunipbob

Oct 13, 2010
Chris Pranger said:
Trunipbob said:
Really? Damn, I thought I was on to something there. In theory it sounds cool though, yeah? The kind of thing that might attract loyal viewers, who would happily take the occasional detour though the whims of the debatee's mind, but long for the familiar waters of a thunder dome-esque battle of words.

Chris Pranger

Aug 31, 2011
Trunipbob said:
Chris Pranger said:
Trunipbob said:
Really? Damn, I thought I was on to something there. In theory it sounds cool though, yeah? The kind of thing that might attract loyal viewers, who would happily take the occasional detour though the whims of the debatee's mind, but long for the familiar waters of a thunder dome-esque battle of words.
To be completely honest and transparent, the only way we've really been able to judge loyal fan reaction is through the comment section, and the majority of comments have been positive and encouraging when we break with tradition. We went through a period where people kept encouraging us whenever we tried something different and from there it became more about doing what we felt like doing instead of adhering to a strict debate formula, especially when the typical debate episodes either didn't generate that many views or comments. Thankfully we only do this show as a hobby and don't make a ton of money off it, so we're blessed with the freedom to futz with things more than other segments. We do have some more strictly debate style episodes coming up though. Perhaps we'll even do an episode where we debate what format our segment should take. Yes, we will definitely do that episode, it's decided.

Dr.Awkward

Mar 27, 2013
How about the Who Would Win / Cards Against Humanity Hour? I remember that a lot of people really liked the WWW videos (along with myself). Although a whole hour might be a bit long...

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
I'm seriously considering at least four of these proposals. I need Dan to do my taxes ...

The Grim Ace

May 20, 2010
Yes, bring back Drinking Games. Expand it from just video games, such as:

Plotzed Pathfinder: sip every time you take or give damage, finish your drink if you take or give massive damage, down a bottle of water if you roll and confirm a one, finish a large shot of straight vodka if you roll and confirm a 20. Play with a party of mostly fighters with keen weapons and defeat your liver!

Sloshed Serenity: just drink and mourn for Shepherd Book the entire time. Take a shot of loathing every time you remember that Firefly was canceled.

In any case, more content is necessary.

Attercap

Irascible Webmaster
Jun 22, 2012
I would watch "Something Something LEGO" I would also watch "Dan Drinks a Bottle of Wine and Walks over LEGO."

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Attercap said:
I would watch "Something Something LEGO" I would also watch "Dan Drinks a Bottle of Wine and Walks over LEGO."
Hahahaha. Ouch. Legos.

I would totally watch you build lego though. Lego is fucking awesome.

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Greg Tito said:
I'm seriously considering at least four of these proposals. I need Dan to do my taxes ...
There's love here, Greg. From me to you. I like a good red, btw

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
A cheap wine/spirits/beer tasting show would be fun with no spitting. You include all the others with it, games, taxes, Frozen fanfiction, and putting stuff in holes.

A show where you just try to read Finnegans Wake for 7 minutes a time could fill a full year.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Greg Tito said:
I cast a vote for "Chris and Kyle Buy A Thing." The Escapist would benefit greatly from a candid show with Chris and Kyle and a camera wandering through random stores, commenting on weird items, bumping into customers or having funny, candid conversations with salespeople.

And the material is bountiful. There are a TON of weird specialty shops in any decent-sized city.

Just imagine Chris and Kyle wandering in a smoke shop, or a lingerie store. Hilarious.

I'm being real. This should be thing.