No Right Answer: Spider-Man vs Twilight

penthesilea180

Jul 25, 2010
Chris hit the nail in the head. I saw Twilight and thought "Hooray! These books will be a fun, sexy romp in the world of vampires and the occult." Instead, I got a poorly written moral treatise on abstinence, with vampires. Now I'm filled with angst. Maybe the angst power of Twilight lies not in the books and films themselves, but in their ability to inspire angst in others.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
First one of these I've seen, and I got to admit that it was a pretty good one. Now I want that Twilight Sparkle poster though. It made me lol quite a bit.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
You totally missed out on the best line of the episode.
Don't be glass half empty, be glass half spider-man.
Nice episode, but nothing can ever beat Twilight in angstiness. And gayness.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Firefilm said:
Spider-Man vs Twilight

We couldn't help but notice a certain outcry from our fans about the Twilight books in our background. You think those books are full of teen angst? This week the boys pose that Spider-man might just be even worse! Post your choices below or on twitter!

Watch Video
I think this is your best work yet on this show and usally I love the work you guys do on this show. :D

I needed a good laugh and by god I got it thanks to you guys and glad to see that Kyle finally managed to get a win in for once!

Just wondering but is Drinking Games still up and running or is that sadly gone now? D:

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Congrats Kyle, you seemed to be suffering a bit of a losing streak lately.

Love you guys.

P.S.
Isn't Drinking Games supposed to be on today as well?

SammiYin

Mar 15, 2010
I can't take a discussion seriously where one of the debaters says Spiderman 3 is a good film

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Until Douchetenant Angstmander Andrew Garfield comes out and jizzes all over anyone's hope of ever seeing an entertaining Spiderman movie again, Twilight is clearly the winner. I have no idea why Kyle supposedly won this one.

Especially considering the Kyle lost it at 'hot sex'. Which was an amazing and clearly accurate ace in the hole for Chris: nobody bones in Twilight. They even talk about how they don't bone, because apparently you only get super powers in that universe if you are incredibly gay and refuse to express any attraction for any person who is not the same sex as you.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Well, I've go to say that Spiderman goes through genuine angst. His father figure died because of his pride. That alone is enough to throw somebody into angst, however it turns out there was absolutely NOTHING he could have done to prevent Uncle Ben's death as it was nothing more than random violence. That made his guilt trip EVEN WORSE because it showed him how absolutely powerless he was over the whole ordeal.

Twilight on the other hand, like everything else it attempts to do can't even get the angst right. Why is the girl angsty? her stepfather plays baseball? She moves from Arizona(?) to Washington(?)? All the guys think she's cute? much like the kids who like Twilight, she has no idea why she's angsty other than to be angsty. Vampire boy? he's kinda understandable. being 17 sucks, and he's perpetually 17. He's been the random angsty 17 year old for the past 200 years or so. I'm certain that after that much time of being angsty, he's just gone a little crazy. Wolf boy well, the girl he likes is in love with another boy. That's just typical highschool, so that's kinda understandable as well.

Blindswordmaster

Dec 28, 2009
orangeapples said:
Well, I've go to say that Spiderman goes through genuine angst. His father figure died because of his pride. That alone is enough to throw somebody into angst, however it turns out there was absolutely NOTHING he could have done to prevent Uncle Ben's death as it was nothing more than random violence. That made his guilt trip EVEN WORSE because it showed him how absolutely powerless he was over the whole ordeal.

Twilight on the other hand, like everything else it attempts to do can't even get the angst right. Why is the girl angsty? her stepfather plays baseball? She moves from Arizona(?) to Washington(?)? All the guys think she's cute? much like the kids who like Twilight, she has no idea why she's angsty other than to be angsty. Vampire boy? he's kinda understandable. being 17 sucks, and he's perpetually 17. He's been the random angsty 17 year old for the past 200 years or so. I'm certain that after that much time of being angsty, he's just gone a little crazy. Wolf boy well, the girl he likes is in love with another boy. That's just typical highschool, so that's kinda understandable as well.
Spider-man also accidentally killed his first girlfriend.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
dex-dex said:
Silly straws in angsty half empty cups?
it made me giggle!
and I have a question, Does that mean Kyle's Birthday is May 4th?
No, Chris thought that Kyle's birthday was May 4th, but was mistaken
On the podcast he explains that he knew Kyle's birthday was near that timeframe, but he remembered May 4th as the date.
Great vid, couldn't stop laughing, and the Conan reference was perfect.

BTW, do your podcasts have a specific schedule, or just when you feel like it?

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Kyle finally comes through! I'm also sure that 'It's angsty because it's half-empty' should have been quote of the week.

Also, if you wanted to pit Twilight against a superhero, you should choose Batman. MY PARENTS ARE DEAAAAAAAAAAD

Reyce

Apr 16, 2009
Awesome Episode!!

Some of the comments where genius! Quote of the week is so full of sexy Logic.