No Right Answer: The Matrix vs. The Grid (Tron)

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I love it, he won by name dropping Alan Rickman and Olivia Wilde.

Also, I had to pause the video and laugh at "It's like you're in a rave, that's an arcade. *thumbs up*"

chetoos

Jul 13, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
chetoos said:
Also in Tron: Daft Punk as the DJ's always, Michael Sheen as... whatever the hell he was and ... In lieu of a third person to mention, Olivia Wild
Michael Sheen was Castor/Zuse, the turncoat bar owner.
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll7h3bNChK1qbx2jto1_500.gif
I know who he was, I was just saying that I have no idea what character archetype he was supposed to be playing.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I know someone who would agree with the pro Alan Rickman sentiment but I imagine she is pro Alan Rickman for very different reasons

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Hmmm, A Wii vs. an 80's arcade game?

A better question would have been Olivia Wilde vs. Alan Rickman?

skylog

Nov 9, 2009
I think this is the best episode yet! Can't go wrong with Alan Rickman and/or Olivia Wilde.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
Unfortunately when I think about which world I'd rather live in, the moment that Olivia Wilde image popped up, this discussion was over.
So yeah. Tron Wins because Olivia Wilde.

Nargleblarg

Jun 24, 2008
Wow I entered thread about to full on support the Matrix until I heard Olivia Wilde.

You win again internet.

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Chris, you disappoint me terribly. Not only do you choose the wrong side of the argument, but you fail to lose the debate on it's merits. As everyone has pointed out, it doesn't matter how good an argument "Alan Rickman" is -- he's not in any of the movies being discussed.

Now, a more reasonable way to resolve this would be to debate the relative merits of David Warner (the person you presumably thought was Alan Rickman) and Hugo Weaving. Do a little research and get back to us on that.

Either that or a critical analysis of how good the first movies were compared to how much the sequels sucked. (Olivia would be the "Wilde" card in that debate.)

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
Weirdly enough one of the faceless agents in the first Matrix movie was played by Paul Goddard, who plays Stark on Farscape, which is a character in Tron 2 played by Michael Sheen. Don't know if this is going anywhere but I always thought that was funny for some reason.

And second I preferred Switch over Trinity (you know the one in white in the original Matrix, Belinda McClory). I was so sad when they just killed her like that.

Still...

Olivia Wilde

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
In spite of the red herring that is Alan Rickman (though yes, David Warner who he probably thought was Alan Rickman was still amazing in the original), I think Kyle wins via Waffle House. We forget that while everybody in Tron is at least awesome and glowy if not cyber Jesus, most people in the Matrix have just as sucky lives as most regular people and are not Keanu Reeves.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Come ON!
Matrix should've won the day easily.

Alan Rickman for villain of EVERY movie EVARRR tho!

Gunjester

Mar 31, 2010
Qitz said:
Don't you have to be programmed to do all that crazy kung-fu shit for the Matrix anyways? Where as in Tron is pretty much standard?

I'll take Tron.

[small]Olivia Wilde[/small]
[small]Agreed.[/small]

Dec 14, 2009
Goddamn, Olivia Wilde should have played Catwoman in the new Batman film. She has a very feline look about her.

But noooooo, we got Anne Hathaway, devourer of worlds, owner of the biggest face in the universe.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
The winner is of course cyberspace, from Gibson's Neuromancer.

He started this shit. Still, Alan Rickman would have been an excellent Smith.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Finally, some good soda.
I love Stewarts, I can't stand that Jones' stuff.
I don't particularly care about the Matrix, or Tron.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Is this the first time Kyle made Chris do a spit-take? I think it might be.
Anyway, Kyle wins just because of Oliva Wilde. She is that beautiful.

viking97

Jan 23, 2010
EgonCom said:
The Matrix vs. The Grid (Tron)?
Phi, pussies.
Try really tough question:
Apples vs. Oranges?
oranges fo sho, but then again when you eat an apple you probably have a better idea what it tastes like. oranges can be kind of unpredictable (i have eaten one every day for like a year, so...i r knoeledged)

PS olivia wilde is two words

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
When it comes which one is conceptually cooler, I'm going to have to go with the matrix. However, I would much rather live in the Grid. Light bikes all day 'erry day.