No Right Answer: What Do We Want in the Justice League Movie?

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
TheMemoman said:
Remember the Flash TV Show from the 90s? As a kid, I used to watch it religiously! Alongside Lois & Clark.

That's the DC I know and love!
Is Mark Hamill too old to reprise his roll as the Trickster? Even just as a cameo it would be the perfect hat trick of an obscure Flash villain.

Hamill as The Trickster once [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNJ2Sl0VmU]

Hamill as The Trickster twice [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSQ-h_2WGkw]

Hamill as The Trickster thrice? I hope so.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Great episode even if it was surprisingly non argumentative.

But new rule. Can we never ever again bring up the image of Batman and Superman exploring the "Dark Recesses of each other" ever again? Please? Pretty please? I'm gunna need a fifth of tequila just to get that out of my head... with bat nipples tacked on. It's like Zach Snyder decided to co direct with Joel Schumacher.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
I think the idea of getting the big 3 (WW, Supes, and Bats) in one movie is a good idea. Unfortunately, there's no evidence that suggests that Batman vs. Superman is going to be that.
Given the current apparent trajectory of DC and WB, the worst case scenario right now would be that either the movie tanks (kind of unlikely) and WB had to back to the drawing board (again) or that the movie makes another fortune regardless of quality and we get a sequel anyway. The upside is that maybe we'll finally get to a JL movie.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Lightknight said:
I would love to see a non-terrible female DC hero in the group. It's cute that JLA's secretary has become an icon but I can't think of a dumber hero with lamer utilities who started as a female bondage heroine (not joking, look it up) for creepy men and "budding boys" to fetishize over. But bullet proof bracelets, a lasso (formerly the lasso of obedience FYI), "invisible plane" and boomerang Tiara? I'm sorry, but no. The only reason why people say she is a "must" is because she has been the token female superhero in the DC universe. That doesn't make her cool or a good call or anything.

Hawkgirl/woman, Zatanna, Black Canary, and even Vixen would be more interesting choices that are currently in the JLA. There's even female Green Arrows and Jade who is a Green Lantern.

Wonder Woman has got to be one of the laziest choices. She is the epitome of grandfathered in and I think it's a bit robbing of the rich world of female heroes to have her as the face of it. Either they made her into a secretary or they delved into the realm of ultra-feminazi (as in all men should die Amazonian philosophy, not the equality rhetoric that many people erroneously claim is "feminazism" when it's just fairness philosophy). The only reason a lot of men remember her fondly is the same reason that so many people remember the original Tomb Raider fondly. She was there, and voluptuous at important developmental periods of life.
Ummm? Black Canary and Zatana have kinda similar fetishy male fantasy origin issues. The whole fishnets and stilettos thing. Hawkwoman as originally conceived is almost as bad in the opposite direction being a bit of a June Cleaver doting submissive wife and house mother. (with just a smidgen of naughty housewife/Betty Paige'ish looks thrown in.). Vixen would be much better in this regard simply because she was a much more recent character, and lacks the baggage and weirdness from mid 20th century.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Why are we even debating this? Does no one else remember the JLA made-for-tv movie they released all those years ago?

That's it, that's the bar. That's the goal to beat for the new movie.

Sep 24, 2008
The one thing I want is for people not to listen to the damn fans who love one character, but hate another.

Make the characters who they are. Don't cause conflict where there doesn't need to be, don't bastardize the characters because you need them to be dark and edgier because you think people will relate to it more.

Don't make Superman a dick because some people don't like superman. It won't endear those people to Superman, and you'll piss off the fans of Supes. If people don't like superman, THEY DON'T HAVE TO. They have Batman. They have the Flash. They have Wonder Woman.

Do not pull a fucking X-men. Do not make one character the focus and leave the fans of the others to rot. If you don't like Wolverine, the X-men movies aren't for you. They changed Storm to be a docile exposition version of herself to serve as Wolverine's and the audience's guide. They changed Jean Grey to just be someone to lust after. Cyclops never had a chance. I got two seconds of my boy Colossus in the first movie. It was a disappointment if you didn't love Wolverine.

Pull an Avengers. They didn't make Cap Edgy because his morals are outdated... They made him hold them up and say 'This is what I believe in. This is what the Character is. Even if the world is now different, this character still embodies a different world.' That's what makes him interesting nowdays.

Superman IS a boyscout in a world where Evil is lauded, being an ass is the only way you can show intelligence, and Posturing is how we interact with each other. Superman doesn't belong in this world in so many different ways. Use. That. Don't fuck it up just because there's people who don't like superman.

Same for Wonder Woman.

Same for Batman.

Same for every character that someone is a fan of, yet someone else isn't. Those Flash fans are going to pay to see the Flash they love, not the Flash that script writers think they need to punch up to make more relate-able.

Korskarn

Sep 9, 2008
Wait... wut?

They go through a couple of actresses for Waller.

Angela Bassett, born 1958 - "Too young!"
Yvette Nicole Brown, born 1971 - "Correct!"

The lady who is 13 years older than the "correct" choice is "too young"?!?!?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Big_Willie_Styles said:
blackrave said:
Big_Willie_Styles said:
Now you're just cribbing off of "South Park."
Excuse me?
I'm not sure what are you referring to.
There's an episode where they essentially do that to Tyler Perry.

I totally thought you were referencing that.
Coincidence
For a moment I thought that you were referring to episode when Cartman was considering himself muscular (due to all discussion about physique of Waller)

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
GamerMage said:
That's a pretty low bar. It's almost so low they could step over it.
The worst possible review for this movie would be; "That JLA made-for-tv movie was better than this."

Statistically, the odds aren't on WB's side for a favourable outcome.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I dunno, just make it fun and don't focus so much on establishing 8 possible sequel lines for each character. Who am I kidding, they're going to do exactly that. Just make it fun.

Trek1701a

Aug 23, 2012
Based on that any Justice League movie is coming out of the Man of Steel universe and those that control the direction of said movie/franchise, I don't have high hopes that it will turn out good. As things are progressing, I'm thinking that we probably won't even recognize half the already iconic characters that are in it.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I would say just respect the characters and the source material. Which we know they wont day and will make it gritty to much Batman, same way they did with man of Steel. They will make JLA movie to appeal to the Nolan Batman trilogy fans. They will take zero risk with a WW movie etc Looking at the ongoing info coming from BvS it just seems like they are half arsing it. Think about this, who is Wonder Woman? how did she become Wonder Woman? what are her powers? Thing is they will have to squeeze all that in the BvS movie. Also read Cyborg will be in it, or atleast as a cameo.

Thing with having to many characters isnt so much the characters, but the amount of information you need to add on them. Avengers worked because we had previous movies telling us about all the main characters so you could get on with the story.

softclocks

Mar 7, 2014
I wish they would focus on it being a good movie, rather than it being a safe investment.

X-Men First Class felt like a good movie, where as the Avengers felt like little more than an investment.

For all its flaws,Man of Steel at the very least had a little heart in it, which is more than could be said for the Captain America movie. Or hey, at the very least have a feasible reason/threat that you would need the Justice League to handle. Not the alien equivalent of an african nation's rebel army + a nuke.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
I see I and my brother-in-law aren't the only ones to think Ryan Reynolds would've been better as the Flash.

My question is: Who's going to direct the JL movie? That could very well determine how good or bad it bec...

NEWS: This just in...Uwe Boll chosen to direct the Justice League...

ARCEUS! USE JUDGEMENT!!!

*newsperson is nuked to high heaven*

Anyways...as I was saying, I hope they find the right director for this.