No Right Answer: Worst Reality Show Ever

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Worst Reality Show Ever

It's been called the fast food of television, and it's just as bad for your colon. Which reality show voids your bowels the fastest?

Watch Video

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Pawn Stars used to be okay, now it's more about fake bullshit family dramedy than the actual business.

Also, new rule for folks making reality shows: You have to think of a better name than "_____ Wars"

HostileParadox

Apr 25, 2011
I like Pawn Stars because I like learning about the history of the items people bring in.
But yeah, the inter-family drama that they make up gets boring/stupid sometimes.
But at least you learn things on Pawn Stars, the value of historical items, the history of them, etc.

Keeping up with the Kardashians on the other hand, I feel dumber for watching vapid rich stupid spoiled people.

GoodNewsOke

Jan 30, 2014
Being European and therefor not up to date with US shows I have no idea what you guys were talking about. I never heard of Pawn Stars and the only thing I know about that Kadashian thing is, that that one woman has a big butt (which is apparently her only characteristic).

Was still entertained though...

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
Wait a minute: somewhere in the 5th minute of this. Batman DID have parents that were stupid (both killed by just 1 guy, right? okay, just clumsy) and rich. Bruce Wayne COULD be a reality TV star! Now on the other hand, Possum-man had parents that were stupid but not rich, so Possum-man would be sad to realize that here. Also, his parents "weres killed!"

Still hoping for a return of Media Sandwich here.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
For me bad anime has taken over the role of watching stupid reality shows.

My cable got cut a couple of years ago and used to watch some of those stupid shows on MTV once a month so I can laugh at it and try to understand the mentality of inept rich people.

Now bad anime takes that role and I can sit there and be entertained by mindless cartoons.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
FightingFurball said:
Idea for next week:

'What is the best reality TV show?'
All I have to say to that idea ...is this [http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v173/TheUndersigned/bigno.gif].

The ending statement pretty much sums it up nicely. No more reality TV! That's what killed MTV to the point where honestly I think they should no longer call themselves MTV! (Empty V, is more like it...)

CAPTCHA: creative process

More like the lack thereof, Captcha!

Firefilm

May 27, 2011
Xman490 said:
Wait a minute: somewhere in the 5th minute of this. Batman DID have parents that were stupid (both killed by just 1 guy, right? okay, just clumsy) and rich. Bruce Wayne COULD be a reality TV star! Now on the other hand, Possum-man had parents that were stupid but not rich, so Possum-man would be sad to realize that here. Also, his parents "weres killed!"

Still hoping for a return of Media Sandwich here.
"My parents weres killed!" (Throws broken beer bottle at closest bystander)

nintendofan25

Dec 5, 2013
for my hardcore pawn is a worse show than pawn stars. There is really only two reality shows that i really enojyed. One was the mole, from many years ago. The other is the amazing race. but beside these two i dont really like reality tv. good episode today.

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
I can't help but notice that once again Chris got an extra talking point... which put him in the lead... and Kyle drank like 3 glasses of water while Chris was going on during the drinking round. I realize that it was meant to be as an 'instant reply' shot (or at least I hope it was) but you can clearly see Kyle finishing the glass of water.

You guys should really just take the point system right out of the show because it is a joke. Whomever you guys decide should lose, will lose the debate regardless of actual process. Its not a debate it is the two of you going on about two contenders in a given subject and comparing them. It is far from a debate or even a 'fair' process.

With that said, I'm glad the Kardashians 'won' for worst reality tv.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Demagogue said:
I can't help but notice that once again Chris got an extra talking point... which put him in the lead... and Kyle drank like 3 glasses of water while Chris was going on during the drinking round. I realize that it was meant to be as an 'instant reply' shot (or at least I hope it was) but you can clearly see Kyle finishing the glass of water.
That was a purposeful jab at the obvious, manipulative, and terrible editing of bad reality TV.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I'm not sure what Pawn Stars is like now, as I haven't seen it for a couple years, but I remember enjoying it quite a bit when I used to watch it. It must have fallen very far these last couple of years to even be considered the worst.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Disclaimer: I don't watch either as I don't watch reality T.V., BUT...

... from what I have seen i'm gonna have to disagree with the outcome, Pawn Stars is stupidly romanticised but at least some interesting facts about the swag is thrown in every now and then. Keeping up with the Kardashians is just the worst sort of people in society doing the worst sort of things.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
I'm sorry, I doubt your level of knowledge of terrible reality tv. Pawn stars while formulaic can show some interesting antiques, the kardashians are terrible. However, nothing, and I MEAN NOTHING, can compete with Dance Moms. For those uninitiated it is about this fat ugly troll of a women who yells and psychologically abues 5-9 year old girls in a dance class while the fame-hungry mothers are both appalled but complacent in allowing this bullying to occur. It is literally just mindless confrontation for no reason.

Playful Pony

Clop clop!
Sep 11, 2012
That music, it's in Men of War: Assault Squad! I like that game =3.

Of the two I only saw a few episodes of Pawn Stars, and it was... Well, it had some interesting items that they had their "expert friends" come and take a look at, and I enjoyed hearing about those objects. I didn't much care for the people working in the store though, the main characters I suppose... I don't much enjoy the reality-TV style of entertainment, seems like 90% of it is just empty and pointless void people leave on in the background while they do completely unrelated things. I can't think of any other reason why such a show would have ratings that justifies making more of it!

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
GamemasterAnthony said:
FightingFurball said:
Idea for next week:

'What is the best reality TV show?'
All I have to say to that idea ...is this [http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v173/TheUndersigned/bigno.gif].

The ending statement pretty much sums it up nicely. No more reality TV!
I'm okay with one type of reality TV show -- competition among creative people that relies on their creativity and expertise. I enjoyed Penny Arcade's Strip Search [http://penny-arcade.com/strip-search/episode/artists-assemble], which was a competition show for comic artists. It took heavy inspiration from Project Runway, which I hear is also good.