No Right Answer: Worst Videogame to Movie Adaptation Ever

sordcooper

Sep 14, 2010
ok, that was great, but two things: how could you forget house of the dead (an adaptation that had NOTHING to do with the game besides the fact that there was a house, and dead people). And the first Mortal Kombat movie was probably the best game adaptation movie i've ever seen, because it was not only faithful to the game's weird assed plot; but ended up causing the game's plot to be retconed to fit with the movie more

...but yeah that second one was a steaming pile of awful

Guardian of Nekops

May 25, 2011
This went a LOT better than the other 3-person debate.

Well, maybe it went a lot worse, because you never really got started...

But this one was funnier to watch. ^^

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
I think we can all agree that most video game movie adaptions are shit, with the exception of the very few which are passable (Silent Hill springs to mind).

Jul 9, 2008
You know, this actually reminds me of this video:
"Well, you know, Teemo is the best right now..."

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I loved this episode. I kept breaking out laughing as you kept constantly updating the title card (complete with crossed out previous entries). At first, I just figured you were going to change once or twice, or end up deciding that all (or at least most) Video Game adaptations are the Worst of All Time. But it seems you were making a point. And it was a valid point, too, I'd say. We can all interject our own opinions on every topic, but sometimes you just have to set some ground rules.

Hopefully, Dan recovers from his Kryptonian hyper sleep in time to judge or participate in the next debate.

Oh, and while I'm sure others have mentioned it, Chris was pretty hard to hear there a few times. Like at the end.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
misterprickly said:
Best episode ever!!!

But I would have added...
-King of Fighters
-Bloodrayne
-Alone in the Dark
-Silent Hill

or any thing else that Uwe Bol has touched.

Refresh my memory... Did they eve do a "Game based movies VS movie based games" debate yet?
SH: Let's pick the plot of 1, the monsters of 2, the female protagonist of 3 (?????) and we should get at least as good a reception as 4 :(

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I really liked the Super Mario Borthers movie. It was... Silly. In a good way.

Oh wait random change.... i really liked the Mortal Combat movie :D

WAIT, NO, Subject change.... The Resident Evil movies weren't terrible...

Ugh, another change? -___- another? Its like im watching a conversation Between Sheogorath and his newly made "Mad Clone" Sheogorath. I was expecting someone to yell "CHEESE, FOR EVERYONE~!" about halfway through.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
How did Doom not make it the list?

RJ Dalton said:
"We're doing worst?"

Why are you surprised? You couldn't do a best video game adaptation. There would have to be a good one first.
Its probably not the best choice by any means, but Prince of Persia.

Furbyz

Oct 12, 2009
Probably the best one of these that I've seen. I actually laughed as opposed to smiled or agreed with one side or another.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Bullshit. Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are both amazing if you were 13 when they came out, which I was. Amazing. I say good day sirs. But the rest stink out loud.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
GamemasterAnthony said:
No mention of TOMB RAIDER?!?

Well...in all fairness, Jolie actually DID look like Lara Croft, BUT STILL...
A hot woman of British heritage goes to several forsaken locations and shoots people/things until she discovers a super duper powerful artifact.

Yeah, I think Tomb Raider is the most faithful VG to movie adaptation... which is kind of sad when you think about it.