No Room For Multiplayer In Story-Driven Witcher 3

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Genocidicles said:
MonkeyPunch said:
I don't see how you can categorically dismiss multiplayer from the outset. So little is known about the game. For all you know, they could come up with amazing multiplayer.
An amazing multiplayer that I wont play, because if I wanted to play multiplayer I'd go play a game built to be multiplayer from the ground up, like TF2 or something.

So I'd rather they focus 100% on the singleplayer.
Considering the source material the game will be derived from, multiplayer makes sense. I can understand your perspective, I prefer solo RPG's and the like, but to just dismiss it before they even say anything seems rather closed minded. If Cyberpunk has multi in it, I imagine it'd be a big part of it. So it'd be build from the ground up as one I would assume, but as we have no information on it, it's just pure speculation.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Do these guys know nothing about selling games? You can't sell eleventy trillion copies without crappy tacked-on multiplayer and DRM! Doomed to fail [/EA exec]

Now we just have to wait and see Witcher 3 succeed and hope other developers take notice. I'm looking at you Tomb Raider devs.

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
so they wont put in mp, or drm and dont need to sell more copies than both Witcher ganes have combined to make a profit?

heresy